Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I would rather be in 45 or 51. You'll be closer to a Skyliner Station than any room in Martinique and you'll be closer to OPR and the Main Feature pool than half of Martinique.
Thank you! That is what I was thinking would be better.

Yes. The options online are limited and sometimes don't make sense. You can call any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

I put a request in for one of these buildings!!!! I'm confused about the online check-in though- should I add any requests to that when I do it or just leave those blank since I already called and put in my own specific ones? I see an option for early arrival which we are doing and would like to get to the room for a few minutes the morning we arrive before we head out to DHS.... would checking that early arrival box limit my chances of getting one of those buildings?

I put a request in for one of these buildings!!!! I'm confused about the online check-in though- should I add any requests to that when I do it or just leave those blank since I already called and put in my own specific ones?

Leave that blank.

I see an option for early arrival which we are doing and would like to get to the room for a few minutes the morning we arrive before we head out to DHS.... would checking that early arrival box limit my chances of getting one of those buildings?

It might slightly lessen your chances. I never check that box even though we usually arrive before 11AM and our room has always been ready when we arrive. No guarantees, just wanted to point that out.

I put a request in for one of these buildings!!!! I'm confused about the online check-in though- should I add any requests to that when I do it or just leave those blank since I already called and put in my own specific ones? I see an option for early arrival which we are doing and would like to get to the room for a few minutes the morning we arrive before we head out to DHS.... would checking that early arrival box limit my chances of getting one of those buildings?
The only option I have on online check in is corner room . What ones do you see?

The only option I have on online check in is corner room . What ones do you see?

Another example of why I stopped using the online options years ago. They are either very limited or sometimes don't even make sense. Like "close to elevator" when CBR has zero elevators.

Another example of why I stopped using the online options years ago. They are either very limited or sometimes don't even make sense. Like "close to elevator" when CBR has zero elevators.
I agree. I could pick 2 and both said corner room lol. I didn’t choose any but I’m calling to add our request.

I think it completely depends on the cast member you get on the phone. I had read on this board that people were being moved from FQ to a deluxe but my cm said my only choices were CB or CS. She said that for the price I had booked at FQ I could have a king room or a preferred room with price protection. Since we are "senior" Disney lovers, I chose the preferred location.
A Standard room at CB could be a 15 minute bus ride to the front desk, main pool and dining. I'm not quite sure where they put the skyliner station. We stayed there 2 years ago and were at the next to the last bus stop---Jamaica---we stood on the buses a lot. With the reduced capacity hopefully no one will have to stand. Because of the size of this resort when they told me that is where I would be moved I decided to move to Pop Century and cut my trip from 7 nights to 4. If I didn't have a 7year old birthday girl already packing for a September trip I would have canceled. In my opinion nothing at CBR is comparable to French Quarter.

Yes. The options online are limited and sometimes don't make sense. You can call any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.
When you say "call" is there a direct phone number to the resort? Do we just call Disney? We stayed here our very first visit and with your recommendations received our request to stay in Building 45.... Absolutely loved that location!!! hoping to stay in that building again... So you are saying we can make that request as soon as we book?

When you say "call" is there a direct phone number to the resort? Do we just call Disney?

There are no direct numbers to any WDW resort. You may find some online for each resort, but each one of those route to a central call center. So just call the Main Reservations line.

We stayed here our very first visit and with your recommendations received our request to stay in Building 45.... Absolutely loved that location!!! hoping to stay in that building again...

That's great! Yes, we absolutely love that location.

So you are saying we can make that request as soon as we book?

Yup. You can add your requests any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. The CM will add it to your reservation so the room assigners will see it along with all the other important information like room type, dates, etc.

There are no direct numbers to any WDW resort. You may find some online for each resort, but each one of those route to a central call center. So just call the Main Reservations line.

That's great! Yes, we absolutely love that location.

Yup. You can add your requests any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. The CM will add it to your reservation so the room assigners will see it along with all the other important information like room type, dates, etc.
Excellent!! Thank you soooo much!! You have always been a great help to me!!

Here's the direct line phone number I have for CBR 407-934-3400. It's from the Unofficial Guide to WDW 2019.

Which will get you to the Call Center. They will be able to note your requests, but you won't be talking to anyone actually at the resort.

We just moved our 7/22/20 trip to 4/21/20 to a pirate room at CBR. I'm reading mixed reviews on the buses. We're rope droppers. Should we walk to a different bus stop or just use the one in Trinidad? How far of a walk is it to the main pool? Also, how far to walk to Riviera? We'd like to have breakfast at Toppolino's.

Question about Pirate rooms...were they updated during the most recent refurbishment? Besides the pirate theme, is there anything similar to the new renovated rooms? Thanks!

Question about Pirate rooms...were they updated during the most recent refurbishment? Besides the pirate theme, is there anything similar to the new renovated rooms? Thanks!
I believe pirate rooms are still double size beds, not queens. Very nicely decorated room though. Kind of like the Royal rooms over at Port Orleans , some feel they are worth it, others don’t. You don’t get the small third pull down bed option.

They were updated, but within the pirate theme. As PP noted, they don't offer the third fold-down sleeping spot, and still have full beds--I'd guess because building new "pirate ship" bed surrounds at the queen size was too expensive.

I believe pirate rooms are still double size beds, not queens. Very nicely decorated room though. Kind of like the Royal rooms over at Port Orleans , some feel they are worth it, others don’t. You don’t get the small third pull down bed option.
They were updated, but within the pirate theme. As PP noted, they don't offer the third fold-down sleeping spot, and still have full beds--I'd guess because building new "pirate ship" bed surrounds at the queen size was too expensive.
Thank you both! I figured it would be too pricey to change the beds. Is there still carpet? It looks like it in the photos I’ve seen. Was hoping for non carpet, but not complaining! Lol! We are staying at POP for two days before checking in to CBR and those rooms look quite different! Lol!

Thank you both! I figured it would be too pricey to change the beds. Is there still carpet? It looks like it in the photos I’ve seen. Was hoping for non carpet, but not complaining! Lol! We are staying at POP for two days before checking in to CBR and those rooms look quite different! Lol!
Full, themed carpets. CB was one of the last resorts to get its refurb before Disney moved away from carpets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter