Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I was going to call in this week and change my club level stay to a regular room, but with all the guests who needed to make changes for stays July- August, I decided to wait it out and think more about what we really need to do. So, we currently still have our club level stay at BWI for Thanksgiving week. I honestly do not see how the true club level experience we all are used too will or can happen this year. They could require guests to use hand sanitizer prior to going through the line, guests must wear a mask while going through the line, etc... but since the restaurants that are buffets are not opening, it makes me think no club level will be open, at least for the remainder of this year. So many things are different such as limited/different park hours and no park hopping.
With all of that in mind, we are leaning towards a different kind of trip. Move our reservation to The Beach club resort (new resort for us) and not do club level. Just go with the flow of the new park hours, try more restaurants, and go to Disney Springs for dinner some nights.

I just called DVC and cancels my CL at AKL for August. Too many unknowns and as we saw yesterday with all bars closing down again - things can change in a heartbeat. DH and I opted to book a 2 bedroom later in the year and invited our friends to come join us.

It's sad to have to cancel, but I think you made the right choice. Like you said, too many unknowns and things can change quickly. Glad you were able to book for another time. Sounds like a great trip with friends. Hope that trip goes as planned :wizard:.

I was going to call in this week and change my club level stay to a regular room, but with all the guests who needed to make changes for stays July- August, I decided to wait it out and think more about what we really need to do. So, we currently still have our club level stay at BWI for Thanksgiving week. I honestly do not see how the true club level experience we all are used too will or can happen this year. They could require guests to use hand sanitizer prior to going through the line, guests must wear a mask while going through the line, etc... but since the restaurants that are buffets are not opening, it makes me think no club level will be open, at least for the remainder of this year. So many things are different such as limited/different park hours and no park hopping.
With all of that in mind, we are leaning towards a different kind of trip. Move our reservation to The Beach club resort (new resort for us) and not do club level. Just go with the flow of the new park hours, try more restaurants, and go to Disney Springs for dinner some nights.

I agree about CL. I will most likely cancel our WL CL trip for Dec. I have thought of possibly a short resort only trip for DH & I, but that will depend on what restrictions are in place. It's just so hard making decisions with little bits and pieces of information :sad2:.

I cancelled our July AKL CL stay this morning too, two nights at Riviera popped up on the DVC site and I took it as a sign. I feel like I’ve been strung along enough at this point with this being the fourth CL stay I’ve cancelled due to lack of information in the past two months. I confess, though, I haven’t cancelled August, October or December yet. It feels silly to even hope for any of those to work out, but here I am.

I have CL stays booked at YC for July 13 & September 12. I have heard NOTHING from Disney. No email, no request to confirm, nothing. I was undecided until this week & watching the Florida governor’s quarantine order. No way are we going with the covid numbers in Florida & now with the quarantine order in NY. But my resort is closed, no CL & Disney hasn’t sent a thing.
That is so frustrating. You’re right there at the beginning of the broader openings and you’d think you’d be first on the call list. I kept watching MDE to see if I was being moved. It entertained me for awhile but I finally gave up.

Those new cases in Florida are insane.

Still nothing, not even a stay / modify / cancel email from Disney on our AKL CL mid-july stay (Travelocity booking). GS said to wait about a week (which was starting last Tuesday), so if nothing pops up by then automatically I guess I get to call back. The Travelocity support has been awful other than they had a "dedicated team" working with Disney on this stuff.

Still nothing, not even a stay / modify / cancel email from Disney on our AKL CL mid-july stay (Travelocity booking). GS said to wait about a week (which was starting last Tuesday), so if nothing pops up by then automatically I guess I get to call back. The Travelocity support has been awful other than they had a "dedicated team" working with Disney on this stuff.
I am so sorry you are experiencing this. I hope you get an answer soon.

I cancelled our July AKL CL stay this morning too, two nights at Riviera popped up on the DVC site and I took it as a sign. I feel like I’ve been strung along enough at this point with this being the fourth CL stay I’ve cancelled due to lack of information in the past two months. I confess, though, I haven’t cancelled August, October or December yet. It feels silly to even hope for any of those to work out, but here I am.

We have a CL trip booked for Dec that we've pretty much decided to cancel, but haven't done it yet. I was taking a wait and see approach, but it looks like things will still be restrictive as far as no park hopping, no parade, no fireworks, etc that it's just not worth it for us to go. Hope things work out for your upcoming trips!

I'm sorry you haven't been contacted yet. I hope someone contacts you soon with some direction as to what to do.

Booked for GDT Club Access August 20-27. They said they could only offer a move to Contemporary Non Club Level. Has anyone been moved to a club level room at another hotel from GDT? Or moved to another moderate with price paid for Club Level adjusted?

Since things keep changing, I thought I would mention that I finally bit the bullet and called in today to change our stay at RPC because GF would not be open during our dates. We should have just called when they first allowed modifications for closed resorts but the hours and hours long wait times scared me off and so I booked a different room for those dates with a TA (non club level, Poly). I had to call because I had a complicated situation with a split reservation and a military rate. I booked CR std atrium CL as a replacement in Feb 2021. I could have booked it online with a cancel rebook but the system wasn’t allowing me to cancel so 4.5 hours and at least one disconnect later I was finally able to change. I wish I could have kept RPC as we have never tried it and were so looking forward to it but those rates made my hair curl for 2021. The CM at first told me that CL was not available at CR and when I insisted that I could see and book it online she made me hold and then got special permission to book it for me. She told me that at this time there is no date estimated for the return of club level and notated on my account that I had been told this before booking. She indicted that they were not supposed to book those rooms but I’m still confused as to why they are available online. So...not sure what to make of all of that.

We had a bounceback club level room at the Boardwalk booked for December, and just switched it to a standard view room at Pop Century. Booked Boardwalk non-club level garden view for March.

Saved thousands of dollars on our December trip, and am looking forward to decorating our resort room, door & window with a Christmas theme. The refurbished Pop rooms look great & December weather should be good for exploring the grounds of Pop Century & Art of Animation.

Looking forward to Boardwalk in March when the garden will be green & flowery, and we can swim in the pool. We're done with Club Level, though. With no proper lounge experience & no CLFP, it isn't worth the cost.

Last edited:
Coming from the north. I stayed at the Boardwalk for the first time at beginning of March , a few years ago. It was heavenly . We had a room where our patio faced a small quiet pool. I would walk out to several benches around a patio in the early morning. The greenery and flowers, so peaceful and warm sun much needed. Club level - makes a long trip more relaxing I hope it returns before December this year.

Booked for GDT Club Access August 20-27. They said they could only offer a move to Contemporary Non Club Level. Has anyone been moved to a club level room at another hotel from GDT? Or moved to another moderate with price paid for Club Level adjusted?

Almost the same reservation as I had. They moved me to Copper Creek studio (same dates). Not happy. I don’t think there is club level for the foreseeable future so I’m not sure it matters.

Almost the same reservation as I had. They moved me to Copper Creek studio (same dates). Not happy. I don’t think there is club level for the foreseeable future so I’m not sure it matters.
Sadly we paid for club level services/food and we are not receiving them with no adjustment in price paid. We now have to purchase food on top of what we already paid for and are not getting. They told me to call back in five days as they cannot do anything with my reservation until the initial change is made to Contemporary. I'm not expecting much when I call back.

I'm curious what is happening to all the cast members who ordinarily work the club levels. Will they still be furloughed?
or maybe they'll be moved into other jobs, such as providing concierge to the NBA.

I know none of us know the answer unless we know such a cast member personally. I can see them moving these folk around though as they've all worked for years with the company.

I called in this weekend and switch my WL CL the beginning of August to a Cabin at Fort Wilderness for Spring Break in April. I'm hopeful by then WL will be open and we can switch back. However, I figured having the kitchen in the cabin would make up for no CL. We can have our own stash in the room.

Sadly we paid for club level services/food and we are not receiving them with no adjustment in price paid. We now have to purchase food on top of what we already paid for and are not getting. They told me to call back in five days as they cannot do anything with my reservation until the initial change is made to Contemporary. I'm not expecting much when I call back.
I really, really hope you are the exception to rule!!

I’m still flabbergasted they are sticking it to CL customers like this, $0 reimbursement for the loss of CL services, it’s a horrible policy. We look like idiots compared to all the rest of the people booked at our original hotels who didn’t purchase the upgrade 😔 “if you don’t like it cancel” Obviously. (In that spot I would have to, my travel budget when I book CL accounts for that hotel money going toward some food.) Being able to cancel doesn’t take the sting out of watching CL after CL reservation get told to pay up or get out.

Last edited:
I really, really hope you are the exception to rule!!

I’m still flabbergasted they are sticking it to CL customers like this, $0 reimbursement for the loss of CL services, it’s a horrible policy. We look like idiots compared to all the rest of the people booked at our original hotels who didn’t purchase the upgrade 😔 “if you don’t like it cancel” Obviously. (In that spot I would have to, my travel budget when I book CL accounts for that hotel money going toward food.) Being able to cancel doesn’t take the sting out of watching CL after CL reservation get told to pay up or get out.
This is making me to not wait it out to see if club level will be offered later. Our club level stay is not until November, but I am afraid if we do not change to a standard room category now, we will not have that option later. We absolutely love club level and utilize it everyday, but I really just don't see how Disney can offer the club level experience we all are used to and what we pay to have. I was waiting until the craziness with the phone lines ends before making a change, but it seems to be inevitable. :guilty:

It is just so hard to give up on something you enjoy, such as club level. We already have had to accept some park changes; wacky park times, no park hopping, no fast passes, no fireworks, no holiday parties, no parades, and limited restaurants. Okay done with the downer post.

Here is to fun vacation at Disney, with not having to plan every detail. 🥂

My fellow Club Level Dis friends. lets just enjoy the sounds, the smells, and just take in everything we are offered from Disney. We may even just find out a change in plans wasn't so bad after all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter