• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hello! Would someone be able able to tell me what brand of shampoo and conditioner is at the contemporary? I Thought the h20 brand was discontinued. we are leaving Thursday and I’m trying to bring a carryon only. Thank you for any help!

Hello! Would someone be able able to tell me what brand of shampoo and conditioner is at the contemporary? I Thought the h20 brand was discontinued. we are leaving Thursday and I’m trying to bring a carryon only. Thank you for any help!

It’s still the H2O brand at the moment, property wide. Until they run out I guess! Enjoy your trip.

That flyer makes it seem like the CR feature pool is reopened???
We saw them finishing some stuff up Friday am (there was water in the pool but still construction workers in the pool area doing minor stuff). I overheard from other guests that they were supposedly reopening it Friday afternoon but I didn’t see anyone swimming in it late Friday afternoon or Saturday from our balcony at BLT (we face the CR pool). They had umbrellas set up yesterday and we saw a bunch of lifeguards there by the bathrooms so it looks like it is reopening VERY soon.

We saw them finishing some stuff up Friday am (there was water in the pool but still construction workers in the pool area doing minor stuff). I overheard from other guests that they were supposedly reopening it Friday afternoon but I didn’t see anyone swimming in it late Friday afternoon or Saturday from our balcony at BLT (we face the CR pool). They had umbrellas set up yesterday and we saw a bunch of lifeguards there by the bathrooms so it looks like it is reopening VERY soon.
Cool. 😎 Thanks for the update.

Quick question, we are staying at the contemporary for the first time, in a couple weeks. My crew wants to buy the refillable mug, I have read that we can fill them at the contempo cafe.. is that the only place? if so, can we fill them before/after hours? Thinking after the parks close, for some Powerade..

thank you!

Hi! Possible first time stayer at the BLT studio with a lake view for two nights in august. It would save me a few hundred dollars before switching Yacht Club for the rest of the week. Does anyone know why the rooms are so heavily discounted in August? More construction?

Hi! Possible first time stayer at the BLT studio with a lake view for two nights in august. It would save me a few hundred dollars before switching Yacht Club for the rest of the week. Does anyone know why the rooms are so heavily discounted in August? More construction?

August, particularly late August, is one of the lower rate periods in the Disney rate calendar, overall. A lot of the country is back to school, summer vacations winding down, it’s melty hot, etc. And Disney generally seems to often have a decent cash inventory available at BLT. So combine availability, lower rack rate, and a reasonably good summer discount…your money can go farther in August, generally speaking.

BLT is due a refurb but from memory it’s not on this years DVC schedule, it’s 24 or 25 (if someone who knows this for sure could chime in, I’d appreciate it)

I have not personally stayed in a studio but I often read comments about their small size, so something to investigate if you haven’t already.

Enjoy your trip!

BLT is due a refurb but from memory it’s not on this years DVC schedule, it’s 24 or 25 (if someone who knows this for sure could chime in, I’d appreciate it)
You are correct. According to the 2022 DVC Condo Assoc. meeting, BLT is scheduled for a Full Refurbishment sometime in 2024. An exact timeline has not been given yet.

A full refurb consists of the same updates as you would receive with a soft goods refurb, in addition to updates to items such as: appliances, kitchen cabinets, bathroom fixtures, furniture replacement, etc.

Hope that helps. 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter