• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying in the garden wing- is the first picture with the pool- is the second water area a pool or hot tub? How many hot tubs are there?

@GADisneyDad14 , since you are familiar with the suites in the garden wing I'd like to ask one more question.
Do any of them have a patio or balcony?

Edit: Or anyone :)
For the hospitality suites:

The views facing right are technically a stand view and mostly of a mossy wall. The views facing left have a pool , garden and partial water views. They are the same price so I would request Pool View 1st floor. , 2no request pool view,

However is outside seating priority request pool view 1st floor, 2nd request 1st floor.

I walked past them often. They have a larger patio than other rooms and it is quite large!

First sign of the "Blue" flag line returning will be captains cycling on Bay lake performing docking practice between the 3 resorts. This will be followed by the Signage returning to the resort docks. Keep your eyes open.

Disclaimer: I have no inside information but I am optimistic just like the rest of Disboard regulars.

Dave
When we were there for Easter I saw them docking the smaller boats at the CR dock the one morning. I was confused because I didn’t think boat service had returned but honestly it seemed like they were using it as a temporary holding station for boats headed to WL. I saw 2 or 3 boats stop at CR dock and then after being there for maybe 5-10 minutes head toward WL. No passengers got off the boats or on them so it wasn’t a special cruise or anything. It could have been them practicing the route (but it could also just be somewhere for the captain to stop/tie up until he was dispatched to pickup at WL. I only saw it that one day but I was out on our balcony for a while having coffee and just enjoying the view so it could be happening more often.

Club level… did I have it wrong in my head all along?

We checkin to standard club next week. I asked two cast members at the front desk (I live local), and they both told me that standard club is 1 floor below atrium club (and the atrium club rooms).

I thought it was the other way around?

Club level… did I have it wrong in my head all along?
No but your naming choices is most likely what confused the Front Desk CMs.

The Atrium Club is the "Standard" CL on the 12th Floor with the Atrium CL lounge and the Tower Club is one level up above the Atrium with a full enclosed floor (14th Floor) with it's own private lounge.

The Atrium Club is all regular CL rooms. The Tower Club is where all the suites are located and only has 3 Queen rooms and 2 King rooms.

Dave

No but your naming choices is most likely what confused the Front Desk CMs.

The Atrium Club is the "Standard" CL on the 12th Floor with the Atrium CL lounge and the Tower Club is one level up above the Atrium with a full enclosed floor (14th Floor) with it's own private lounge.

The Atrium Club is all regular CL rooms. The Tower Club is where all the suites are located and only has 3 Queen rooms and 2 King rooms.

Dave

When we booked our room, there were two options - Atrium Club or “Standard Club”. There was no tower club.

We chose Standard Club - King Bed. So if I’m understanding correctly, we will be on the 14th floor since we did not choose the Atrium Club?

When we booked our room, there were two options - Atrium Club or “Standard Club”. There was no tower club.

We chose Standard Club - King Bed. So if I’m understanding correctly, we will be on the 14th floor since we did not choose the Atrium Club?

Correct, that room type is on the 14th floor/Tower Club floor. There are two of them, both face MK. Your room category should say “Standard Room - King - Club Level” just in case there is any doubt.

Enjoy!

What is the difference between atrium and standard club? Location?

Does the electrical water pageant pass through the boat canal? If so does it stop so that it can be viewed from the garden wing rooms that face that way?

Does the electrical water pageant pass through the boat canal? If so does it stop so that it can be viewed from the garden wing rooms that face that way?
it stops kind of right in front of the marina and beach area. It comes pretty close to the shore of the CR so you can’t miss. You can see (and hear it) well from any lake view room in the tower and probably see it pretty well from most garden view rooms on that side. You’d certainly have a front row seat you came outside and sat on the beach or pool area.

What is the difference between atrium and standard club? Location?
Atrium is 12th floor and all are rooms. You can see down to the atrium as well.

Tower CL is on the 14th floor. When wdw changed booking options they did it in a confusing way. Std king and std queen are in the Tower Cl. Most up there are suites a few king and queen rooms able to connect to those if needed. The balconies are deeper and you can not see the atrium below.

The lounge is generally quiet on 14th floor. The food is the same except they have sushi in the Tower CL.

If you scroll back there are pix of both lounges,

@2vets was just at Tower and I was at Atrium .

Atrium is 12th floor and all are rooms. You can see down to the atrium as well.

Tower CL is on the 14th floor. When wdw changed booking options they did it in a confusing way. Std king and std queen are in the Tower Cl. Most up there are suites a few king and queen rooms able to connect to those if needed. The balconies are deeper and you can not see the atrium below.

The lounge is generally quiet on 14th floor. The food is the same except they have sushi in the Tower CL.

If you scroll back there are pix of both lounges,

@2vets was just at Tower and I was at Atrium .
I just saw both standard and king pop up for our june visit. I grabbed the king. Hope my sister will go for grabbing the standard! I’d love to do that instead of the hosp suite 🤞.

I just saw both standard and king pop up for our june visit. I grabbed the king. Hope my sister will go for grabbing the standard! I’d love to do that instead of the hosp suite 🤞.
Glad you were able to grab that. Hope you’re both able to get rooms together on the Tower Club.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter