DLH Christmas and 21st birthday trip 2014!

Sorry to read the great train saga !!
Glad it's sorted now for you.
Looking forward to reading more of your plans :)

Thanks Rachael :good vibes
sorry to hear what you've been going through recently, hoping for some Disney magic and pixie dust to make you all feel a bit better! :wizard:

Nice that you got something re the train problem - hopefully everything else will go smoothly for you :)

Nice that you got something re the train problem - hopefully everything else will go smoothly for you :)

Yes we thought it was really good of them to offer that much. The only major things left now are waiting for APs to safely arrive and then actually get there! So fingers crossed!

Just sat waiting to start work and thought I'd do a quick update to say that we went to Decathlon last night to get some winter essentials. We bought walking boots as a safe option if the weather is really bad, some thermal leggings, wool socks, water stop spray, and I bought a hat as I find it very difficult to get hats that don't look ridiculous! Love seeing the "Disney pile" of stuff to pack build up, and with so much university work to do the holiday is providing the best light at the end of the tunnel that there could possibly be!

Here's some photos of the things we have been buying/gathering ahead of the trip:

This is the 'sensible' stuff - thermals, boots, snacks (not quite as many as last time!!!)

This is the stuff we've bought to decorate our room. We would love a Christmas themed room but just don't think we can justify the expense, so we have bought some little decorations to put in ourselves to make it a bit festive. We've also got a few birthday bits as the day we arrive will only be 4 days after our 21st so we feel that we can still celebrate :) Also a special mention for Charlotte's festive peas in a pod. She loves them.

Lastly is just a picture of the wallet I've been using to keep things like the hotel reservation and Eurostar tickets in. Charlotte's bought a travel wallet that she's very fond of! So we're keeping our train tickets and things in there. We've also bought some pin badges from ebay to (hopefully) trade.

Wow, loving your PTR, I feel all excited for you when reading it!

Awesome purchases, I had fleece leggings in Feb from New Look - I was too hot! :rotfl: It's *** I am a Geordie! ;) Loving the decs for your room, I can't wait to see pics!

:thumbsup2

Catching up..all coming together very nicely :-D

Thank you, we can't wait :)

Wow, loving your PTR, I feel all excited for you when reading it!

Awesome purchases, I had fleece leggings in Feb from New Look - I was too hot! :rotfl: It's *** I am a Geordie! ;) Loving the decs for your room, I can't wait to see pics!

:thumbsup2

Aw, thanks :goodvibes Best thing about the Disboards- sharing everyone's excitement! I am the opposite - always, always freezing, so hopefully multiple layers will keep me warm. It will be nice if we are too warm though as it will mean we have got good weather! We think we're going to pay to have some macaroons in the room so that when we arrive we can have a bit of a celebration eating them and putting the decorations up before heading in to the park :wizard:

Here's some photos of the things we have been buying/gathering ahead of the trip:

This is the 'sensible' stuff - thermals, boots, snacks (not quite as many as last time!!!)

This is the stuff we've bought to decorate our room. We would love a Christmas themed room but just don't think we can justify the expense, so we have bought some little decorations to put in ourselves to make it a bit festive. We've also got a few birthday bits as the day we arrive will only be 4 days after our 21st so we feel that we can still celebrate :) Also a special mention for Charlotte's festive peas in a pod. She loves them.

Lastly is just a picture of the wallet I've been using to keep things like the hotel reservation and Eurostar tickets in. Charlotte's bought a travel wallet that she's very fond of! So we're keeping our train tickets and things in there. We've also bought some pin badges from ebay to (hopefully) trade.

Love a bit of cath to :) more peas in a pod great !!!
Great buys super organised and super excite I bet too
Boots should keep the cold out and be great for all the walking you will be doing too.
Xx

Really pleased your APs arrived. Must be a weight off your mind. :goodvibes

Will hopefully be bringing our own Christmas Decorations too so lovely seeing your hoard. Bought some battery operated lights when we were on holiday last week for a start. :thumbsup2

Really pleased your APs arrived. Must be a weight off your mind. :goodvibes Will hopefully be bringing our own Christmas Decorations too so lovely seeing your hoard. Bought some battery operated lights when we were on holiday last week for a start. :thumbsup2

Yes that's partly why we ordered them so early, then we knew it was all sorted :) the decorations are mostly from the internet and I think some were from the pound shop? Fairy lights are always a good choice!

I love creating a pile of things for Disney too in the run up to a trip - I take it all out and look at it and put it back in again about a million times before we go :rotfl:

I've been very busy procrastinating recently, and have made a scrapbook...it's got all my to do lists/meal plans written up neatly and i'm going to take it with us to stick receipts/other bits of rubbish in along the way! :rotfl2:
Here's the front cover (i've liberally applied PVA glue to prevent it getting ruined :thumbsup2 )

In case you're wondering, i've not used the book upside-down...the ring binder is on the right hand side because it's a 'special' left-handed notebook that Christie brought for me last Christmas (incase you're not left-handed and don't know, ring binders can really get in the way of writing sometimes! :lmao: )

And here's the first page... I had a bit of a disaster with the mickey faces because I get a bit excited whenever glitter is involved and dived straight in and made a bit of a mess!

:wizard:

I've been very busy procrastinating recently, and have made a scrapbook...it's got all my to do lists/meal plans written up neatly and i'm going to take it with us to stick receipts/other bits of rubbish in along the way! :rotfl2:
Here's the front cover (i've liberally applied PVA glue to prevent it getting ruined :thumbsup2 )

In case you're wondering, i've not used the book upside-down...the ring binder is on the right hand side because it's a 'special' left-handed notebook that Christie brought for me last Christmas (incase you're not left-handed and don't know, ring binders can really get in the way of writing sometimes! :lmao: )

And here's the first page... I had a bit of a disaster with the mickey faces because I get a bit excited whenever glitter is involved and dived straight in and made a bit of a mess!

:wizard:

Beautiful! :goodvibes

Just been on hold for 15 minutes to the dining reservation line. I've given in now, but do they normally take forever to answer?!

EDIT: never mind! Charlotte's done a separate thread! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter