DLH Christmas and 21st birthday trip 2014!

Dining reservations done :)

Monday 15th December - Hunter's Grill at 8.15pm so we can get there after Dreams.

Tuesday 16th December - Annette's (no reservation)

Wednesday 17th December - Walt's at 1pm

Thursday 18th December - Agrabah Cafe at 2pm

I asked if we could go to Beaver Creek Tavern and the lady said it is still closed. I had to give my full name and a contact number (even though I won't have my phone on me in Disney!)

oooh I might see you in Annettes - I've got that pencilled in for us too on Tuesday after Dreams :goodvibes.

I love the notebook - so lovely :) Nice you got your meals all booked - feels exciting to know where you're going to be in the weeks to come :goodvibes

What a great trip you've got planned! I love your scrapbook / planner. Such a great idea and it looks really pretty :goodvibes.

Enjoy your planning :banana:.

oooh I might see you in Annettes - I've got that pencilled in for us too on Tuesday after Dreams :goodvibes.

I'm not sure what time we are going to go, but if we decide after Dreams is the time then see you there!

I love the notebook - so lovely :) Nice you got your meals all booked - feels exciting to know where you're going to be in the weeks to come :goodvibes

As of tomorrow it is 50 days away, which as Charlotte put it this morning, "is only five lots of ten!" somehow that seems less than a month and a half??

What a great trip you've got planned! I love your scrapbook / planner. Such a great idea and it looks really pretty :goodvibes.

Enjoy your planning :banana:.

Thank you! We are having lots of fun and will feel a bit bereft come January when birthday/disney/christmas/new year is over!

Thank you! We are having lots of fun and will feel a bit bereft come January when birthday/disney/christmas/new year is over!

You'll have to book another trip when you return! ;) Two tickers are always good for your health (although not good for your bank balance :lmao:). We shouldn't even be going to DLP as the official line is we are saving for our Florida/WDW holiday next summer - but I couldn't resist ::yes::.

You'll have to book another trip when you return! ;) Two tickers are always good for your health (although not good for your bank balance :lmao:). We shouldn't even be going to DLP as the official line is we are saving for our Florida/WDW holiday next summer - but I couldn't resist ::yes::.

It's so easy to work out how you'll pay for it when it's DLP in question...! Now we have APs I think it will be very hard to resist another trip when we finish uni...

Just a short update to say that we've now booked our travel insurance. The bigger companies that we normally book with were coming out quite expensive so after so internet research we've booked with a company that we haven't heard of before. Hopefully it will be ok!

I think the only things left now are to get Euros, decide whether to add photo pass+, and email DLH to tell them we're adding another 2 people on to the booking on arrival to make sure we get two beds! Oh and pack of course!

Wow that notebook you made is lovely!

I'm following along now, thinking of taking my first trip in maybe the spring or fall, so I'm eager to read about all your experiences.

Just a short update to say that we've now booked our travel insurance. The bigger companies that we normally book with were coming out quite expensive so after so internet research we've booked with a company that we haven't heard of before. Hopefully it will be ok!

Fingers crossed! I bought my sister's TI on Friday and was gobsmacked. A 25% increase from our June trip making it almost £100 for 4 nights, 5 days. She does have complex pre-existing medical conditions, but I thought that was mega bucks.

Those boots look so comfy, where did you get them? I'm going to Disney for the first time at the end of this month so im looking for comfy things to wear.

Those boots look so comfy, where did you get them? I'm going to Disney for the first time at the end of this month so im looking for comfy things to wear.
They're from Decathlon, I think I paid £40 but I will wear them again not just when we're in Disney. They had some more trainer type walking shoes instead of boots and they were cheaper but we decided on the boots for the extra warmth :)

Fingers crossed! I bought my sister's TI on Friday and was gobsmacked. A 25% increase from our June trip making it almost £100 for 4 nights, 5 days. She does have complex pre-existing medical conditions, but I thought that was mega bucks.

Wow! That is a lot of money! I think it would have been ok if it's always around the price that we were quoted for this trip, but we hadn't factored it in as an extra significant cost. Maybe because it's December and there's more chance of cancellation due to weather? We also think that we end up paying more because we are a group of under 21s going to Europe which is obviously what some people decide to do if they are going on a "drinking" holiday :(

Wow that notebook you made is lovely! I'm following along now, thinking of taking my first trip in maybe the spring or fall, so I'm eager to read about all your experiences.

Thank you very much :) reading trip reports is the best way to plan and get excited! We have actually been in Spring (April) and Autumn (September) and the TRs are linked in my signature if you want to read them :)

Just catching up again! Love your decorations for the room and your scrapbook.... Love seeing all your plans coming together x

I had quite a funny conversation with someone at work yesterday and thought i'd share it...
"Charlotte, are you going to Disneyland again?"
"Yes, why?!"
"Well haven't you already been three times?"
"....Yes...." (actually 5 but haven't been at work that long! :rotfl:)
then somebody else added
"I prefer the American parks, Universal is more grown up"

They just don't get it!! :rolleyes2 :rotfl2:

I had quite a funny conversation with someone at work yesterday and thought i'd share it...
"Charlotte, are you going to Disneyland again?"
"Yes, why?!"
"Well haven't you already been three times?"
"....Yes...." (actually 5 but haven't been at work that long! :rotfl:)
then somebody else added
"I prefer the American parks, Universal is more grown up"

They just don't get it!! :rolleyes2 :rotfl2:

They really don't do they !!!
people think I'm sad going to be same place all the time but it's my happy place I have trip 12 and 13 booked already and you can not go somewhere 13 times can you ?
Xx

With 13 days to go I thought it would be time for a quick update... :hyper:

We received an email today from Disneyland Paris to remind us to print off our booking confirmation. It said that our package includes 'breakfast with Disney characters at the entrance' :confused3
so either there are still characters in the morning at the DLH or they haven't updated the info and there will be some unhappy guests! (I don't mean us by the way!)

Our meal plans have changed slightly and we're now only having meals (for definite) at Annette's and Walts...we decided we'd prefer to have more meals at Hakuna Matata and EOS than sit down meals, and save our money for more stuff we don't need :rotfl:

Last minute necessities are going to be bought next Monday, then it's our birthday on the 11th...then there will only be two days to wait until we go to London :yay:

Everyday I get more and more excited...most of all I just can't wait to decorate our room with all the Christmassy things we've brought. Although, after 11 months of waiting it doesn't seem like we will actually be there this time in two weeks. :cloud9:

I found these pictures on my laptop a few days ago. They're from our first visit to DLP in 2005 with our parents. I thought i'd share as they are quite funny!

Thanks for reading :)

lol charlotea- those will be the "before" photos and you can bring us some "after" ones back to compare. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter