Do I have to mobile order

So how do you get the refillable mugs at the resorts if you can only.mobile order?

When I have looked to see if the resorts have gotten with the system the QS in the parks have about having their allergy menus on there so I DON'T have to go through the hassle of "I have to order in person because I'm gluten-free" when I want to eat at the resort QS (spoiler alert, they haven't - so they better not hassle me about having to go in), I've seen refillable mugs in the drinks options for mobile ordering.

I understand some folks dont have a smart phone but with the times being as they are maybe it is time? Smart phones are not all 1k+ I got my son a 130$ google pixle 4a and its just as good as most phones for what we would use it for at disney.

This is kinda like saying "we dont have internet" back in early 2000. Sure some didnt but it would make life easier and in the end everyone got internet. Disney is only going to make smartphones and apps more mandatory in the years to come.

I would not be surprised if in the end they put the order menus around the QS places like Be our guest used. And you either scan the code from your phone to place an order with cash or let people who dont have or wont use mobile order place an order at the kiosk. But in the end they will not want to staff people out front due to people lacking a smartphone.

No business will think of the 1-2% of people who have no access to smart phones. You are spending thousands on a trip the barrier for entry on a smart phone is 0$ on most carriers for the basic versions.

I have not stayed at AoA but have done multiple stays at Pop since reopening. There’s really nothing to look at the food courts. There aren’t food stations. Basically there is just a big table with numbered sections where you pick up your food boxed for takeout. There’s no bakery cases or grab n go items. The menus are all on the Mobile order sections in the MDE. The park QS restaurants are all mobile ordering too.
This, and it is horrible---we ate one meal at the Pop quick service. The food is delivered to you in an paper box that holds the heat---our fries were soggy and there is nothing on the menu. Pop used to have a fairly large menu. different options or variations. Now it is a burger and fries. A pasta dish and pizza. We found that Uber eats was a better option. The next trip we will be eating off property to avoid being delivered mystery food in a cardboard box. It really was gross.

My mom will never have a smart phone.
i will not mobile order. I tend to leave my phone in the room. I’m on vacation, don’t want to be connected.

not to mention, although not a concern now, many foreign visitors do not have phones that work in the states or expensive to use here.

it’s great for those that choose and great there are options for the Luddites

I understand some folks dont have a smart phone but with the times being as they are maybe it is time? Smart phones are not all 1k+ I got my son a 130$ google pixle 4a and its just as good as most phones for what we would use it for at disney.

This is kinda like saying "we dont have internet" back in early 2000. Sure some didnt but it would make life easier and in the end everyone got internet. Disney is only going to make smartphones and apps more mandatory in the years to come.

I would not be surprised if in the end they put the order menus around the QS places like Be our guest used. And you either scan the code from your phone to place an order with cash or let people who dont have or wont use mobile order place an order at the kiosk. But in the end they will not want to staff people out front due to people lacking a smartphone.

No business will think of the 1-2% of people who have no access to smart phones. You are spending thousands on a trip the barrier for entry on a smart phone is 0$ on most carriers for the basic versions.

According to Pew Research (pretty much the top legit company for demographics) it's actually almost 20% of American adults who do not have smart phones. Furthermore at least 6% of the population (and closer to 25% in rural areas) also don't have internet. Just something to keep in mind. That said, those who travel to Disney are in a better financial position than many and may be more likely to be connected. But many (like @Pumbaa_ above and my husband) just like to disconnect when on vacation. They will continue to have options for a long time I'm sure. My husband also just likes the personal connection of ordering (he also likes cash...all of which drive me crazy, gimmie my smart phone and mobile order all day long!)

According to Pew Research (pretty much the top legit company for demographics) it's actually almost 20% of American adults who do not have smart phones. Furthermore at least 6% of the population (and closer to 25% in rural areas) also don't have internet. Just something to keep in mind. That said, those who travel to Disney are in a better financial position than many and may be more likely to be connected. But many (like @Pumbaa_ above and my husband) just like to disconnect when on vacation. They will continue to have options for a long time I'm sure. My husband also just likes the personal connection of ordering (he also likes cash...all of which drive me crazy, gimmie my smart phone and mobile order all day long!)
All I was trying ot say was Disney is going to go the route of needing a smartphone. I cant see them spending money to keep people employeed in posistions where a phone can do the work. They are leaking money and cutting everywhere.

All I was trying ot say was Disney is going to go the route of needing a smartphone. I cant see them spending money to keep people employeed in posistions where a phone can do the work. They are leaking money and cutting everywhere.

you may be right... but I doubt they will stop providing an alternative.

This, and it is horrible---we ate one meal at the Pop quick service. The food is delivered to you in an paper box that holds the heat---our fries were soggy and there is nothing on the menu. Pop used to have a fairly large menu. different options or variations. Now it is a burger and fries. A pasta dish and pizza. We found that Uber eats was a better option. The next trip we will be eating off property to avoid being delivered mystery food in a cardboard box. It really was gross.
Don't forget the Pot Roast with green beans and mashed potatoes in the very appetizing box!lol

I have to blame this on Covid-19 and not Everything Pop-they are just trying to get Guests something to eat as quickly as possible to avoid crowding.

I felt the same way about those paper boxes. The resort MO were really disappointing. Soggy and food placed on top of each other. Why couldn't they have kept the paper plates with the plastic domes?

I stayed at Pop for one night in November and used mobile ordering for breakfast. I had a decent experience. Made the order from my room and by the time I got down there I could go in. Food was hot and fresh and not soggy.

In terms of "exceptions" from mobile ordering I think it all depends on the CM at the door at the time and the crowd level inside at the time.

I found in the parks it was easy to put in my order a few hours a head of time and then I had my preferred time. Of course, I'm a planner by nature.

Our last day we were at AK around 3pm. I wanted to pay cash for a cornbread at Flametree BBQ because my MB charging privileges were gone. They just gave it to me instead of dealing with cash, lol.

Another afternoon we went to Regal Eagle in Epcot. Mobile Order had a 90 minute wait but it was empty and a very slow day weekday. So I walked up and asked to pay cash and they let me order and pay cash. Had my food in under 10 minutes.

You don't have to Mobile Order, but at busy places it will make life much easier to get your MO in well ahead of the time you want to eat (or eat at off peak times). WDW is trying to reduce areas getting congested with guests and this newer method helps alot for prime meal hours at popular places. They prefer those who can Mobile Order do it.

Our last day we were at AK around 3pm. I wanted to pay cash for a cornbread at Flametree BBQ because my MB charging privileges were gone. They just gave it to me instead of dealing with cash, lol.

I thought you were allowed to charge to your room up until 11:59pm on departure day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter