Do Not Disturb Gone! (BLT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tons of problems with that 'story ', side from the fact they take advertising money directly from Disney and Hilton.

First is the misstatement that the mass murderer in Vegas had a DND up for "days". He didn't, he had housekeeping every day but the last day.

Next is the absurd insinuation that "ammunition" takes up a lot of space. 1,000 round case of 5.56 (typical chambering of an AR15) is 12"x12"x8" and weighs about 22 pounds. Again, showing a lack of even a cursory knowledge secondary to even the briefest of research.

Even crazier is the insinuation that people are skipping the $30 a night redroof inn just off property and instead booking $200 a night rooms at WDW and Hilton to cook their meth.

This is completely useless, everything the Vegas murderer used (not his extras, what he actually used) could fit into one large and one medium suitcase.

Unless they are checking luggage and the entire room, this is asinine... and obviously anyone could just leave those two suitcases in their car trunk so again, what's the point? other than harassing innocent guests.

I am really having second thoughts about my visit in 3 months. I always knew that hotel staff would enter the room and take a quick peek around mostly to check up on housekeeping. Never bothered me.

But this new policy where a person can come in at anytime and turn the lights on while people maybe sleeping or doing other unmentionable stuff, has me upset. The story someone told that he was forced out by security so they could turn the lights on and search, even though the wife and child were sleeping, has me unnerved. I am not so sure that it wouldn't result in my getting evicted or worse, arrested for assault & battery.

Because I own DVC, I either go or sell my points. Either way, Disney is not going to lose money. So I will probably still go but not without this:
https://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CP4YKMRPGP44XT3243DF
Whenever I go to bed, get in the shower, or take any clothing off, I will be using it.

What is worse is that this policy is not going to protect anyone, except maybe Disney's insurance company. It is a false show of security. I could give a scenario where 100s could die from shooting out a hotel at Disney with this policy. But I won't for fear of legal repercussions against my 1st amendment right.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

I am really having second thoughts about my visit in 3 months. I always knew that hotel staff would enter the room and take a quick peek around mostly to check up on housekeeping. Never bothered me.

But this new policy where a person can come in at anytime and turn the lights on while people maybe sleeping or doing other unmentionable stuff, has me upset. The story someone told that he was forced out by security so they could turn the lights on and search, even though the wife and child were sleeping, has me unnerved. I am not so sure that it wouldn't result in my getting evicted or worse, arrested for assault & battery.

Because I own DVC, I either go or sell my points. Either way, Disney is not going to lose money. So I will probably still go but not without this:
https://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CP4YKMRPGP44XT3243DF
Whenever I go to bed, get in the shower, or take any clothing off, I will be using it.

What is worse is that this policy is not going to protect anyone, except maybe Disney's insurance company. It is a false show of security. I could give a scenario where 100s could die from shooting out a hotel at Disney with this policy. But I won't for fear of legal repercussions against my 1st amendment right.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Were going in September and because of this new policy I am no longer looking forward to it. If I had not already spend 3000 dollars on gift cards to pay for this trip I would probably cancel. If this policy is as intrusive to my trip as I think, this will be our last visit.This is sad because me and my family have gone yearly for the last 25 years.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So, we are in our room. Sign up. We are dressed, killing time before our brunch reservation.

Knock knock. "Housekeeping."

I open the door, he says he wants to take trash. He drags the large bag in and proceeds to empty all of our containers into the large bag. He also empties our recycling into the bag. I mention that it is recycling. He nods and continues to do what he was doing. He finishes and walks out.

I couldn't tell you the color of his eyes. He never looked up. He never engaged me in anything. No good morning. No have a good day. No anything.

If this is security, then I am the Queen of England.

People, this isn't going to stop anyone from doing anything. This is really a joke.

So, we are in our room. Sign up. We are dressed, killing time before our brunch reservation.

I open the door, he says he wants to take trash. He drags the large bag in and proceeds to empty all of our containers into the large bag. He also empties our recycling into the bag. I mention that it is recycling. He nods and continues to do what he was doing. He finishes and walks out.

I couldn't tell you the color of his eyes. He never looked up. He never engaged me in anything. No good morning. No have a good day. No anything.

People, this isn't going to stop anyone from doing anything. This is really a joke.
Please tell us which resort you are in (assuming DVC owner), when you arrived, how long you'll be there, what interval you experience with this "security check", what the front desk tells you about policy and any general eyes and ears to the ground while you are there...this is important at this stage to have your feedback. Don't mean to turn your vacation into a job but we have so little info on the ground at this point ..Thanks

Last edited:

I don't believe this is what they are referring to as security. You will know when a security person comes to inspect.

Someone on Reddit said housekeeping didn't make it to there room till after 9pm and they didn't use the new dnd at all.

So If the Vegas hotel had this policy in place when the shooting occurred, it would not have prevented it. Hotel revealed that staff had entered the room 10 times during his stay including the 3 days leading up to the shooting.

I reiterate, false show of security.

So If the Vegas hotel had this policy in place when the shooting occurred, it would not have prevented it. Hotel revealed that staff had entered the room 10 times during his stay including the 3 days leading up to the shooting.

I reiterate, false show of security.
No. But the company might have been better protected from the onslaught of legal action.

No. But the company might have been better protected from the onslaught of legal action.
And that is all this is about. Protecting the bottom dollar, not the customer.

Our litigation laws are such that if something takes place on your property outside your control, you are still responsible. That is wrong and that is why we need litigation reform.

Yeah

Hotel staff have always had to keep their eye open for anything unusual. This is nothing new. But they are not going to have you exit the room while they 'inspect' as pp had reported.

But it IS new for DVC rooms with guests staying on points and for guests who opt out of daily housekeeping.

Yeah

Hotel staff have always had to keep their eye open for anything unusual. This is nothing new. But they are not going to have you exit the room while they 'inspect' as pp had reported.
Well this apparently has already happened as the above first hand report read. Whether we believe that report or not (and I do) is a mute point. If its true then thats a big cause for concern at least in that one case. Obviously based on what we have discussed so far..Disney and its employees are all over the map on this "security" (fill the blank)..

And that is all this is about. Protecting the bottom dollar, not the customer.

Our litigation laws are such that if something takes place on your property outside your control, you are still responsible. That is wrong and that is why we need litigation reform.

even with the checks this is still the case. They are not preventing anything with such "trash removals" what is disney gonna say now.. ohh well we tried.. still will get sued if anything horrible happens on property with all the still loop holes for possible crime.. This just seems to hurt them in the long run with people no longer wanting to visit or getting angry due to the new change.

But it IS new for DVC rooms with guests staying on points and for guests who opt out of daily housekeeping.
Right, and when I first read about this, my first thought was there must be an increase in little critters. Room inspection is just a side benefit.
But a housekeeper being 'nosie' raises concerns about the integrity of staff. An actual 'Security' person is expected to be nosie.

No way would I let someone drag a bag with other people's trash around my room. This is disgusting!

even with the checks this is still the case. They are not preventing anything with such "trash removals" what is disney gonna say now.. ohh well we tried.. still will get sued if anything horrible happens on property with all the still loop holes for possible crime.. This just seems to hurt them in the long run with people no longer wanting to visit or getting angry due to the new change.
If a tragic event takes place (and I believe that they believe this may eventually occur) they will then be able to say in court that they are not grossly negligent because they tried their best within reason to inspect each room each day as opposed to some type of lackadaisical policy prior. End result is a settlement far far less. Its like bars checking your ID when you are obviously 72 and in a wheel chair...The law sates you have to be 21 to drink...In many venues they just check everybody as policy regardless of the law and common sense. Reason? "We checked everybody". Case closed. Liability substantially less in payout.
Lawyers and insurance companies and huge corporations dictating public behavior and policy. The world we live in today. I'm glad I was around when it was a whole nother environment....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter