DVC Dining Plan

I apologize if this has been asked already..

I am considering renting DVC points. If I wanted to add the dining plan, do I have to purchase 2 day base park tickets to be able to get the DP?

Thank-you! :)

I am considering renting DVC points. If I wanted to add the dining plan, do I have to purchase 2 day base park tickets to be able to get the DP?

DVC Reservations do not have a ticket purchase requirement.

If you do rent, the member that you rent from will be the one that has to add the dining plan to the room reservation. It must be added no less than 2 days prior to your arrival date and needs to be paid for in full when it's added. You would need to work with the owner to see how they want to handle payment for the dining plan.

DVC Reservations do not have a ticket purchase requirement.

One more question (sorry)

Do I tell the DVC renter that I want the dining plan, and give them the $$ or do I purchase it myself? Same with tickets? I do plan on purchasing park tickets.

I just relaized you sent me a message already in regards to the DP..so thank-you for that info! I'm new at this, so I'm trying to get some info gathered before I make any plans.

Thanks again!

If you do rent, the member that you rent from will be the one that has to add the dining plan to the room reservation. It must be added no less than 2 days prior to your arrival date and needs to be paid for in full when it's added. You would need to work with the owner to see how they want to handle payment for the dining plan.

Ok, thank-you!! You are tons of help! Does the same go with tickets or can I purchase them myself?

One more question (sorry)

Do I tell the DVC renter that I want the dining plan, and give them the $$ or do I purchase it myself? Same with tickets? I do plan on purchasing park tickets.

I just relaized you sent me a message already in regards to the DP..so thank-you for that info! I'm new at this, so I'm trying to get some info gathered before I make any plans.

Thanks again!

As for tickets, you can purchase them from any authorized seller. Check out Undercover Tourist (UT) for discounted tickets. If you sign up the newsletter from mousesavers.com, there will be a link to UT for an additional savings. You can purchase direct from Disney, but you will pay gate prices.

Rumor is that ticket prices are going up soon.

As for tickets, you can purchase them from any authorized seller. Check out Undercover Tourist (UT) for discounted tickets. If you sign up the newsletter from mousesavers.com, there will be a link to UT for an additional savings. You can purchase direct from Disney, but you will pay gate prices.

Rumor is that ticket prices are going up soon.

Thank-you, thank-you!! I will look into this for sure!

Cheers!! :thumbsup2

flinkerfrosch said:
Thank-you, thank-you!! I will look into this for sure!

Cheers!! :thumbsup2

This works well as I've done this just about every time we have gone! If you take those tickets to the the front desk of your resort they can link them right to your key card, if I'm not mistaken. I didn't bother doing this but I've heard they do it! :-) that's what I plan on doing this trip.

This works well as I've done this just about every time we have gone! If you take those tickets to the the front desk of your resort they can link them right to your key card, if I'm not mistaken. I didn't bother doing this but I've heard they do it! :-) that's what I plan on doing this trip.

The concierge desk at the resort can put tickets on to your KTTW cards after check-in.

Will they do that for annual passes? It's such a pain to have to carry around tickets and keys. Can't wait till the wristband...

Really isn't much point to having the AP added to a room key card. You still need to carry and show the actual AP to claim any applicable discounts or perks, even if you have the AP park entry info put on the Magic Band.

I was hoping the Magic Band would also access the AP info, DVC Member info, and TiW info for the discounts and perks.

Will they do that for annual passes? It's such a pain to have to carry around tickets and keys. Can't wait till the wristband...

Annual Passes can't be put on to KTTW cards.

Once MagicBands are available, you will be able to associate your AP with your MagicBand. As Chuck S noted, you will still need to show the actual AP to prove eligibility for AP discounts.

i have a question, we always get the ddp....but now my DD12, and my other DD is almost 10...so they would both be on the adult plan. my youngest eats like a bird, and oldest still usually prefers food from the kids menu, but eats it all. will they allow me to buy ddp for me and DH, but pay for kids food separate? really wish kids under 18 or 16 could pay for kids ddp, if they only ate from kids menu.

i have a question, we always get the ddp....but now my DD12, and my other DD is almost 10...so they would both be on the adult plan. my youngest eats like a bird, and oldest still usually prefers food from the kids menu, but eats it all. will they allow me to buy ddp for me and DH, but pay for kids food separate? really wish kids under 18 or 16 could pay for kids ddp, if they only ate from kids menu.

No, everyone in your party must be on the same dining plan, it was never intended to be a "money saver" but as a way to compete with "all-inclusive" vacations and cruises. Even in those all inclusive resorts, you rarely eat enough to justify the all inclusive pricing.

No, everyone in your party must be on the same dining plan, it was never intended to be a "money saver" but as a way to compete with "all-inclusive" vacations and cruises. Even in those all inclusive resorts, you rarely eat enough to justify the all inclusive pricing.

Do DVC members still get a discount on the DDP? We got a discount for the dining plan when went in November 2012 but can't find any information about it now.

Do DVC members still get a discount on the DDP? We got a discount for the dining plan when went in November 2012 but can't find any information about it now.
AS far as I know DVC never received an actual "Discount" on any DDP. But DVC pays the regular price year round, and does not pay the premium seasonal price increase.

That's how they make money on it, everyone in the room has to have it. If you could pick and choose, only the big eaters would pay for it and share with the picky eaters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter