DVC Dining Plan

A quick question. We are doing a split stay. We check in at Port Orleans Riverside on Oct. 26 and then check in at BLT on Nov. 2nd. We have free dining for our POR portion and want to add the dining plan to our BLT portion. What date does this have to be done by? The 30th or 31st? Is there a cut-off time of the day to add it by?

You must add the dining plan at least 48 hours prior to you BLT check-in date, and personally I'd add it a little bit earlier. Remember that it has to be paid at the time it is added.

A quick question. We are doing a split stay. We check in at Port Orleans Riverside on Oct. 26 and then check in at BLT on Nov. 2nd. We have free dining for our POR portion and want to add the dining plan to our BLT portion. What date does this have to be done by? The 30th or 31st? Is there a cut-off time of the day to add it by?
While it's often quoted as 48 hours before, I think it's actually on the date 2 days before. While I wouldn't chance it, you might be able to add it online as late as before MN on the 31st.

If I can make a suggestion. You might want to consider the deluxe dining plan for POR and not get the DDP at BLT. The POR credits are good on the first day of your BLT stay and for the rest of the BLT stay you can eat out of pocket. By then you will probably be sick of eating and the deluxe plan includes an appetizer and extra credits so you can try some signature restaurants.

:earsboy: Bill

If I can make a suggestion. You might want to consider the deluxe dining plan for POR and not get the DDP at BLT. The POR credits are good on the first day of your BLT stay and for the rest of the BLT stay you can eat out of pocket. By then you will probably be sick of eating and the deluxe plan includes an appetizer and extra credits so you can try some signature restaurants.

:earsboy: Bill
Depending on the length of stay at BLT, this could be a great suggestion, esp if your BLT time is limited. I'd add that the principle applies to any plan, not just the DDP or that you could do one plan one location and another the other. As for the best plan and how it breaks down financially, we don't have enough info to suggest much other than very general. As a rule it's very difficult to get any value out of the QSP paid for on cash, fairly difficult for the Basic Plan but much easier for the Dlx used to do so assuming you could use most of the credits. It depends on what's covered for your FD at POR and what the upgrade fees are (I haven't looked at that). In principle, being able to use a DP all day the first and/or last day sure adds to the value and flexibility. It's one of the reasons we stay overnight en-route and arrive in time for breakfast or an early lunch and get lunch on departure when using the DP.

I'd also point out that you could select the timing for certain restaurants depending on whether you'll have the DP and how it fits in. For example, if you had the Dlx plan and used it for Hoops, you'd use a credit and give up the appetizer option. There are lots of variables, just go through the menu's and consider your dining habits if you haven't already done so. Enjoy the trip.

Just to confirm my thought process for an upcoming split stay. We have 4 nights at SSR before a cash stay at POFQ. If we buy the DDP for SSR only and check out Thurs for POFQ, can I use the DDP Thurs night at Cali Grill? The DDP is valid until midnight on Thurs?

Thanks !
Tabatha

Just to confirm my thought process for an upcoming split stay. We have 4 nights at SSR before a cash stay at POFQ. If we buy the DDP for SSR only and check out Thurs for POFQ, can I use the DDP Thurs night at Cali Grill? The DDP is valid until midnight on Thurs?

Thanks !
Tabatha

Yes that is correct, the DDP expires at midnight the day you check out of the resort with the DDP.

Thanks !
Tabatha
As noted yes but sometimes once you check out they can't read the credits on the card. I'd be prepared to work through this issue if needed, maybe get a print out on checkout to have with you. Enjoy your meal, we love CG.

Just to confirm my thought process for an upcoming split stay. We have 4 nights at SSR before a cash stay at POFQ. If we buy the DDP for SSR only and check out Thurs for POFQ, can I use the DDP Thurs night at Cali Grill? The DDP is valid until midnight on Thurs? Thanks ! Tabatha

last april we checked out of bwv and spent our last night at akv and that day we checked out at bwv we had an issue at typhoon lagoon with out quick service. The cm was great and said not to worry about it and gave us our food. we had to call guest services and they didnt deduct our qs pnts for the trouble so we had an extra 5.

Thanks everyone. Are dining credits put on the magic bands now? We received two sets of bands for the split stay so I guess dining will be on our SSR bands?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was just wondering about this. We are staying in a 2 bed for two nights followed by a GV for 6 nights and then one night in a 2 bed all at OKW. We have two waitlist requests magically hoping the GV opens on either side.

We have a family staying the first two night in the 2 bed and moving with us to the GV for 3 nights (arriving and departing via DME).

On their last night, two more friends are arriving (via DME) to stay for the remainder of the GV reservation and the one night in the 2 bed.

We have the split but linked reservation - not for gaming the system - but as backup in case the waitlists don't come through. Obviously, we would prefer to stay in one room for the entire trip.

Do we have any dining plan options that make sense? i.e. the other two parties are not going to pay for 10 days of dining when they are there 4 or 5 days.

We do not really endorse the dining plan but one set of guests would really like to use it as they are two adults two 'free' children for 5 nights. Who eats desserts with lunch? If we could bring back the appetizer, it might be more worth it but I digress.

Not sure if the TIW card even makes sense - sure it's 20% but the DVC and AP already get 10% - Alcohol 20% is great but be will not be drinking more than a drink or possibly two with dinner.

Any thoughts?

I was just wondering about this. We are staying in a 2 bed for two nights followed by a GV for 6 nights and then one night in a 2 bed all at OKW. We have two waitlist requests magically hoping the GV opens on either side.

We have a family staying the first two night in the 2 bed and moving with us to the GV for 3 nights (arriving and departing via DME).

On their last night, two more friends are arriving (via DME) to stay for the remainder of the GV reservation and the one night in the 2 bed.

We have the split but linked reservation - not for gaming the system - but as backup in case the waitlists don't come through. Obviously, we would prefer to stay in one room for the entire trip.

Do we have any dining plan options that make sense? i.e. the other two parties are not going to pay for 10 days of dining when they are there 4 or 5 days.

We do not really endorse the dining plan but one set of guests would really like to use it as they are two adults two 'free' children for 5 nights. Who eats desserts with lunch? If we could bring back the appetizer, it might be more worth it but I digress.

Not sure if the TIW card even makes sense - sure it's 20% but the DVC and AP already get 10% - Alcohol 20% is great but be will not be drinking more than a drink or possibly two with dinner.

Any thoughts?

As it's currently set up you could get it for any or all components above (total 3 at present) but you'd need to get it for each person who's there in the room for any segment even if only 1 day. If your WL comes through and you only have one unit type, it's treated as one stay for the entire time even if the reservations were made in components. There's no more segmenting a reservation to bypass the DP rules and one can't technically link reservations that aren't in the same unit type so you really aren't currently linked unless your GV is multiple segments. My suggestion is that you consider a 2 BR plus a studio for the entire time and that way the one that wants the DP can get it without everyone doing so.

Disney will require you to have the dining plan for everyone for the entire reservation (if you get the GV wait list).. You must pay for the DP in advance, therefore they will know who and how many people are on your reservation and you will have to either have everyone or no one on the dining plan. Unless you have the three segments, then you can have for one or two of the segments.

As it's currently set up you could get it for any or all components above (total 3 at present) but you'd need to get it for each person who's there in the room for any segment even if only 1 day. If your WL comes through and you only have one unit type, it's treated as one stay for the entire time even if the reservations were made in components. There's no more segmenting a reservation to bypass the DP rules and one can't technically link reservations that aren't in the same unit type so you really aren't currently linked unless your GV is multiple segments. My suggestion is that you consider a 2 BR plus a studio for the entire time and that way the one that wants the DP can get it without everyone doing so.

Thanks - The guests are departing/arriving in a way that I could just do a two bed for the entire stay but I am blowing out points by living the dream of the GV rather than lose them. 20 years of thinking about a GV.

I have no intention of segmenting a reservation to beat the system. Really. It's in three pieces as I await the WLs. They seemed to be linked under the My Experience portion.

I check the online system every day to see if the GV is open on either side. Would much prefer one reservation for the entire 10 days.

However, if the WL doesn 't come through and DVC/WDW were okay with the dining plan for the first two days, as a good hostess, I would consider it for their happiness.

Thanks - The guests are departing/arriving in a way that I could just do a two bed for the entire stay but I am blowing out points by living the dream of the GV rather than lose them. 20 years of thinking about a GV.

I have no intention of segmenting a reservation to beat the system. Really. It's in three pieces as I await the WLs. They seemed to be linked under the My Experience portion.

I check the online system every day to see if the GV is open on either side. Would much prefer one reservation for the entire 10 days.

However, if the WL doesn 't come through and DVC/WDW were okay with the dining plan for the first two days, as a good hostess, I would consider it for their happiness.
What I was trying to say is you can no longer segment. Even if you have separate reservations in a 2 BR linked, you'd have to get the DP for the entire time in the 2 BR, you would not have the choice unless you were willing to check out and back in and likely change rooms. If you're set on using the points, another option is getting a 2 BR and a 1 BR, you'd have more flexibility with the DP there as well. Your choice of course.

Good luck on your wait list. We have a HH GV for 8 nights in June...love the size and split levels. We will have ten family members most of the time. We have 4 nights in a 2 bedroom at BCV for 9 of us at the start, then the GV and last two night in a 2 bedroom lock off at VGF. Although I have saved enough $$$ for the dining plan we are going the TIW route!

I have read the last 10 pages and haven't seen this issue come up…

I have rented points from a DVC member for a stay at BWV in October 2014. I am considering adding the dining plan BUT would like to pay for this using my Disney VISA rewards points. These points are issued to me on a Disney Card as dollars (i.e., can be used dollar for dollar, at all theme parks, restaurants, retail sites, etc.) Is there any way to pay for my DDP using my rewards points?

I have read the last 10 pages and haven't seen this issue come up… I have rented points from a DVC member for a stay at BWV in October 2014. I am considering adding the dining plan BUT would like to pay for this using my Disney VISA rewards points. These points are issued to me on a Disney Card as dollars (i.e., can be used dollar for dollar, at all theme parks, restaurants, retail sites, etc.) Is there any way to pay for my DDP using my rewards points?

You need to talk to the person you are renting from but I think it is highly unlikely as you have to pay the person you are renting from and they have to pay Disney themselves. You are not paying Disney direct for the dining plan yourself.

I have read the last 10 pages and haven't seen this issue come up…

I have rented points from a DVC member for a stay at BWV in October 2014. I am considering adding the dining plan BUT would like to pay for this using my Disney VISA rewards points. These points are issued to me on a Disney Card as dollars (i.e., can be used dollar for dollar, at all theme parks, restaurants, retail sites, etc.) Is there any way to pay for my DDP using my rewards points?
You might be able to do it as a 3 way call (or by giving the other party the info) using the numbers just like you would a CC. You could then finish out any residual with a CR if needed. Or you could forego the DP and just use the card to pay for meals and other items on site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter