Eat to the Beat Concert Series -------- Who are these bands?

I am not sure why these bands have to have multiple hits to play good music. The bands that normally play around world showcase have zero hits and nobody has ever heard of them yet we stop and watch them each time we are there because they are talented people. If I only went to watch top 40 bands, I would see a lot less shows than I do now. I dont let the radio tell me what is good music. I would love to see multiple groups in this list because they are talented enough to support their families by playing music.

I have knowledge of 24ish of the acts, I would enjoy more of the 90's acts compared to other eras, but out of the 3 that are there when I am, I will probably enjoy 10,000 Maniacs over Toad and Kenny G....

Well, I'm 46, I've heard of 23 of the bands but would only say I like 9. More have been included since the last time I looked and it's pretty cool that Devon Allman is playing! We'll be seeing Living Colour this time around.
I fully admit I'm a metal/classic rock girl and have not gotten into any music released after the early 90's lol, and with a few exceptions here and there I can't stand any of it.

P.S. I wish Taylor Dayne were playing during my trip.
However I did like my dance music in high school so I would totally see Taylor Dayne!

My DH is still hating that he's missing out on 38 special by days!
I saw them in a club in Ga. in the early 90's, they were so good!

Dennis DeYoung.
I was bummed we're missing him, he plays around us often and is great.

The only artist I would even be interested in over 3 nights is Night Ranger, on a side stage.
We just saw them play at Epcot during the Flower and Garden Festival in March, they were fantastic! See them if you can :)

We are excited for the lineup, I'm really looking forward to 10,000 Maniacs. There are acts I have never heard of but I'm not the best at paying attention to band names. We missed Toad the Wet Sprocket last year so that is in our plans this year.

Love Big Bad Voodoo Daddy! A few years ago I booked trips around their appearance. Sadly we will miss them this year.

I recognized about a 1/3rd of the names. Most were too young or I am too old to have them in my memory.

I know about 75% of the groups. If the concert itself wasn't so short, I would have planned a quick trip, just to see 38 special or Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. :lovestruc

"Kenny G'd" - love it. :rotfl:
Next to root canal work, is a Kenny G concert.

KIDDING! But as someone said, it's not really "eat to the beat" music....more like nosh till you nod out. But it is awesome atmosphere for a romantic date in a cozy little late night wine bar. And I love the Kenny G Christmas CD I bought years ago.

@ariane37 I celebrated my 50th birthday on the opening night of the 2011 Food & Wine Festival and Taylor Dayne was the act.

I wasn't psyched that it was her because I'm more of a rock chick. But hey, they had a kiosk in America with all kinds of Samuel Adams beers on tap and lots of QS snack credits for Linda Bean lobster sandwiches.

Ms. Dayne's song, "I'll Always Love You" was my BFF's wedding song, and I got really into hearing it played live. She performed very well, and the show was great. The guitarist who played with her was especially fantastic. Top notch.

We had so much fun; I would love to see her perform again. :)

More have been included since the last time I looked and it's pretty cool that Devon Allman is playing!
I was excited to see that my trip will coincide with his first appearance at F&W also!

Do you think he will do some sort of "tribute" to his dad?

I was excited to see that my trip will coincide with his first appearance at F&W also!

Do you think he will do some sort of "tribute" to his dad?
Hmm, I don't know........part of me says yes because that would be so awesome and really, a great tribute as you said to a great musician. On the other hand, it probably depends how he feels about being compared to his dad? It'll be interesting to see! You're lucky you get to see him :goodvibes

I am still bitter I always seem to get there either a week before Hanson or a week after. I KEEP MISSING THEM.

I saw them in 2015 and they were great! I liked hearing some of their other songs besides MMMBop...but I've listened to enough music to know there's a lot of good stuff that doesn't turn into radio hits...

I recognized Hooters, Billy Ocean, 38 special and Tiffany from the 80s but it does look a bit more 90s heavy. I love TtWS, but I wouldn't mind seeing Sister Hazel, 10000 Maniacs or Plain White Ts if it worked out. Made me wonder what Counting Crows was up to...(turns out they are touring with Matchbox 20 - no kidding).

If you have no clue who Post Modern Jukebox are give them a try and search them up on youtube. They are an amazing band that play hits in different styles, I'm so happy they are coming
I love them so much and I am Thrilled to find out they will be playing when I am there 9/11/18

I am still bitter I always seem to get there either a week before Hanson or a week after. I KEEP MISSING THEM.

Im missing them again as well...we pushed back our trip a couple of weeks so we can celebrate our birthdays there and if we would have left it I could have seen them!! I would probably cry if I got to see them perform, HANSON was life when I was 13!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter