Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

Agree with Joel's estimate for Uber X or regular Lyft -- and that's each way. If you have more than 4 riders, you will need XL, which would run about $35 each way.

With either company, you will get an accurate estimate as part of the ride requesting process, and drivers should be plentiful at both ends of your trip.

We LOVE Discovery Cove! Have a great trip.

I feel as though they are closer. The passenger drop off at AK is just next to the Tram Stop at the front of the park
Not quite that close, but next to the taxi stand just behind the tram turnaround. It's still closer than most of the bus stops.

Just got back from a trip and we used Lyft quite a bit, mostly to avoid having to do bus switches. We stayed at POR and took it to AKL for breakfast at Boma, to Blizzard Beach, and a few other trips and the rates were reasonable and the drivers were great.

i want to go from ds to dhs. should i just take an uber? otherwise, i would have to take a bus to a resort near dhs? And, do you tip uber on the app? or no?

i want to go from ds to dhs. should i just take an uber? otherwise, i would have to take a bus to a resort near dhs? And, do you tip uber on the app? or no?
Yes, yes, and yes.

If you didn't use Uber, you could:
  • Take a bus to Pop or AoA and then another bus to DHS
  • Take a bus to BW and walk to DHS (about a mile)
  • Take a bus to Swan and then boat to DHS
  • Walk to SSR and take a bus to DHS

Couple of quick questions - where would the pick up point be from Vinelands Outlet village (staying at P.O. Riverside) and how long would it take roughly to get there?
Thanks

Couple of quick questions - where would the pick up point be from Vinelands Outlet village (staying at P.O. Riverside) and how long would it take roughly to get there?
Thanks
Use Google Maps to estimate travel time.

Don't know whether you mean Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets, or someplace else. At that one, there is no designated pickup point that I know of. I have picked people up on the plaza at the entrance facing north. Just make sure you're in a place the driver can get to and see you when you request the ride. Uber/Lyft are not allowed to pick up in their taxi stand.

How's the WiFi at the water parks? I don't have data and definitely want to use uber to get back to my resort instead of taking 2 buses!

Another question about payment - since I don't have data and rely on wifi, how does payment work? Is my credit card automatically charged or do I need to click on something when we reach our destination?

Another question about payment - since I don't have data and rely on wifi, how does payment work? Is my credit card automatically charged or do I need to click on something when we reach our destination?
It's automatic when you complete the ride. Though actually, from thinking back on one ride where the route changed, it charges when you get in the car. Then, if there are any alternates to the ride that increase the charges, that happens at the end.

Doubt your wi-fi or data has anything to do with it though. The driver will have the same info

Last edited:
When your ride is completed, your driver closes out the ride on their driver app. You will then be asked to rate the driver (5 stars is an "A," 4 stars is an "F"), and if you want to tip in the app, you have to first complete your rating. If you don't have data coverage during that period, just leave your phone on until you get to wifi. Your credit card will be charged automatically.

As far as the mechanics of requesting and completing the ride, your phone is only used for the request itself and in finding you for pickup. Do NOT wander away from your requested pickup, because without data, the driver won't be able to find you and you'll get charged a cancellation fee.

So is it better for a rider's "rating" to tip in cash or to wait and add tip online after rating driver. The tip request shows up after your ride and there is no indication that you have already tipped the driver. Does the driver rate the rider immediately after your ride or wait til after they see what their tip is??

So is it better for a rider's "rating" to tip in cash or to wait and add tip online after rating driver. The tip request shows up after your ride and there is no indication that you have already tipped the driver. Does the driver rate the rider immediately after your ride or wait til after they see what their tip is??

Good question.

I always tip in cash because I like the idea of the driver having the money immediately, even if it doesn't help my rating. When I tipped a local driver in cash recently, he said he would add it to his fund for taking his wife out to dinner on their anniversary.

I agree with Best Aunt. I tip in cash because I want the driver to have the money immediately, and because it is a personal "Thank You" for their appreciated service.

Partially because I drive also, I really want the tip to be very directly from me to them...not delayed, or transferred to to them by a third party. I don't worry about any possible rating effect because I always tip.

That said, unfortunately, your question is a valid question.

I would hope no driver would low-rate a rider strictly because they didn't tip, but I have seen some social media posts indicating that some drivers do. In fact, just recently, one of our new Miami drivers rated someone low for not tipping, they tipped later in the app, and he posted asking how he could undo his negative rating (answer: he can't).

I personally think low-rating a rider for not tipping is childish, stupid, and unprofessional...but I obviously don't speak for all drivers. And, of course, a rider telling a driver, "I'll tip you in the app" is kind of a joke among drivers because people who say that almost never actually tip.

So, if you're worried about getting punished, yeah...it might be prudent to tip in cash. It's not a perfect world -- even at Disney World.

I agree with Best Aunt. I tip in cash because I want the driver to have the money immediately, and because it is a personal "Thank You" for their appreciated service.

Partially because I drive also, I really want the tip to be very directly from me to them...not delayed, or transferred to to them by a third party. I don't worry about any possible rating effect because I always tip.

That said, unfortunately, your question is a valid question.

I would hope no driver would low-rate a rider strictly because they didn't tip, but I have seen some social media posts indicating that some drivers do. In fact, just recently, one of our new Miami drivers rated someone low for not tipping, they tipped later in the app, and he posted asking how he could undo his negative rating (answer: he can't).

I personally think low-rating a rider for not tipping is childish, stupid, and unprofessional...but I obviously don't speak for all drivers. And, of course, a rider telling a driver, "I'll tip you in the app" is kind of a joke among drivers because people who say that almost never actually tip.

So, if you're worried about getting punished, yeah...it might be prudent to tip in cash. It's not a perfect world -- even at Disney World.

Thank you for your response. Actually I always tip in person I was asking since I still get the email "asking" for a tip. Obviously the app has no way of knowing that I have already tipped the driver. I was just curious if not tipping via the app makes a difference in rider ratings. I feel the driver should receive his tip immediately and. It have to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter