Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean (San Juan) Cruise 3/9/13 - 3/16/13

Dvc Blair said:
Oh man!! I'm so sorry you guys got sick!! That stinks! I'm glad you seem to be on the mend. Can I join you in the couples only cruise in 7 weeks? ;) That sounds heavenly!

pineapplemommy said:
GNO- I was so excited to attend, but my youngest was sick with the stomach virus Sunday night and "nicely" shared her germs with me and I was sick from Monday afternoon to early Tuesday am- it was a nasty bug, but it hit fast and left within 24 hours.

Yes, what a nasty bug it was. I hate to hear that others here had it too :-(. DS was stricken with it Wednesday night and into early Thrsday morning. We took him to the ship's doctor thursday morning and quarantined him till Friday morning as instructed. Him and DH actually had a fun day hanging out in the cabin on Thursday watching movies as his symptoms were totally gone. We only thought the rest of us escaped it. Just before leaving CC, I started feeling ill and got sick later in the evening and initially attributed it to running the 5k, sitting in the sun for a few hours and not being fully hydrated. Then it hit DS again early Sat morning, then DH! Just wish it could have held off a few more hours till we were off :-(. I never even had a chance to make it by shutters at the end to choose the photos I wanted.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We booked March 8th, 2014 when the date was announced ;) Come join the thread!!!

We did book a dummy date for Dec 2014 while on board to move to 2015 considering we already have 2 more (technically) this year and 2 in 2014. I am sad that it will be a whole year before we get back on the Fantasy - not for the ship itself (although I adored Remy brunch!!!), but for the crew. We met several that were amazing. We even made Rodrigo from Chile in Merchandise a goodie bag with candy & a note and gave it to him on the last night. I'm also really excited to get back to San Juan in 2014 before (and maybe after) our southern Caribbean cruise because I loved it there........

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

And a special thank you to Scott for putting together the FE group and for the map. The map was invaluable!!!

Thank you again!

Linsey

I am not sure who suggested the map, but thank you! It really made things so much easier.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We could still feel the rocking too. Hope y'all made it home with no hang ups, as for me, work was a drag today. All day yesterday, I kept feeling like I needed a drink and food, LOL!

We could still feel the rocking too. Hope y'all made it home with no hang ups, as for me, work was a drag today. All day yesterday, I kept feeling like I needed a drink and food, LOL!

I'm still waiting for someone to cook for me, clean and turn down my bed.

We arrived home yesterday and it was back to work today! I actually had to cook dinner myself tonight - what a pain! When we sat down to eat dinner, my son said, "So, I guess there is no chilled soup for our appetizer tonight?" :rotfl2: Definitely not!
We wanted to say thanks to everyone who participated in the FE exchange. I am not sure who loved it more - my husband and I or the kids! My kids loved everything they got, as did my husband and I. I was amazed at the creativity and crafty talent of some people. When my 3 year old daughter saw the handmade Mickey facecloth, she squealed, "It's a Mickey blanket for my doll." Everywhere the doll goes, the mickey blanket goes!

I think I will go put some FE chocolate on my pillow and pretend we still have a room steward to prepare our bedroom for the evening!

Have a good night everyone!

What a wonderful week. We had so much fun and ate way too much food! Thank you to everyone for adding us as latecomers to the FE list! What wonderful and creative gifts. I have a small world story for one gift. The Ontario gift bag came with a calendar (we are from Ontario). My son was looking through the calendar and sayes 'hey I know him' there is a picture of two canoes and a man holding a native drum. Last summer we were on Manitoulin Island and DS took part in making a drum from the man in the picture!!

A very special thank you to those that made my sons birthday so special, he loved all the gifts! He was particularly excited about the geocaching gifts, as that is our new family hobby that we started this past summer. Thank you so much!!

Back to reality, it is snowing :-(

Marcy

We booked March 8th, 2014 when the date was announced ;) Come join the thread!!!

We did book a dummy date for Dec 2014 while on board to move to 2015 considering we already have 2 more (technically) this year and 2 in 2014. I am sad that it will be a whole year before we get back on the Fantasy - not for the ship itself (although I adored Remy brunch!!!), but for the crew. We met several that were amazing. We even made Rodrigo from Chile in Merchandise a goodie bag with candy & a note and gave it to him on the last night. I'm also really excited to get back to San Juan in 2014 before (and maybe after) our southern Caribbean cruise because I loved it there........

We booked a dummy date for Dec. 2014 while on board as well. When do you think we will know the 2015 dates to be able to move that cruise? We LOVED San Juan as well. Was hard to do eveything we wanted as the little one wasn't real thrilled with all the walking around. My hubby and I will go back there for sure some time!!

Well, we are back home in Albuquerque, and I'm actually at work right now (I don't want to let go of the vacation feelings, so what better way than hanging out on the DIS boards?!). Spent the day at the airport on Saturday before our 3:30 flight out. Had time to do the suitcase shuffle to make sure all the weights were correct. Thank you all for the wonderful FE gifts. I have to say, I think this trip all of the gifts were terrific. Hannah was very sad to be leaving, but with her next sentence she would be asking how soon before we would be home. Now she keeps asking what time is it in Florida and what would we be doing on the ship.

We have now completed the slam - all four ships. For me, I can't see if I like the Magic or the Fantasy better. Both have their merits. For Hannah, it's definitely the Fantasy. We have a dummy cruise booked for October 2014 that we will move to 2015 when the dates get released.

Now it's time to start planning WDW for 2014.

Thank you everyone for a great trip. The meet and greet was awesome. So was GNO. Loved the drinks in Oo La La and the company.

I think I am going to start the planning for our WDW trip for the summer of 2014 as well.

We arrived home this afternoon after a fairly uneventful drive considering all the weather around us. We had a great cruise, it was nice to put some faces to the names. We would also like to thank everyone for all the FE gifts this was the first time we participated and we all enjoyed it. A special thank you again to SSANDERS79 and SILVERFOX97 for all their work organizing.

SCRAP DISNEY my wife wanted to say that she loves that the cloth turned into a blanket.

Take care everyone until our paths cross again,
Chris, Susan and Grace.:wave2:

I too want to thank everyone for the FE gifts. This was our first time as well and really enjoyed checking our pockets every time we returned to our cabin. Hope everyone had a safe trip home. Happy Spring!!!::)

Please let us join the chorus of thank yous (and admission of your superior creativity) for the amazing and thoughtful Fish Extender gifts.

We had an amazing cruise. I had forgotten about being immersed in luxury, from the joy of having the room constantly tidied up and cleaned, to Frette linens, all the way to being offered chilled facecloths up at Satellite Falls. We loved the Fantasy. It seemed a bit large and overwhelming at first, but it didn't take too long to find our way around.

Palo was fantastic -- and thanks 3Goofys, the company was even better! We met our DIS friends in all kinds of places onboard and onshore. It really was nice to see familiar faces around and about.

Our daughter also made some fast friends, which means happy cruising for everyone. Thanks FireGoofy for sharing your DD.

And a funny story for those who may have seen my husband and daughter onstage with Magic Mike at the early show, where she hit Dad with a "pie" of shaving cream. When we got to our table at dinner, our table mates had arrived early, and asked the wait staff to get a plate of whipped cream. They kept it hidden on a nearby table.

They laughed about the show, and then handed the plate to my husband and said that perhaps he had something he'd like to do with it. Ever the good sport, soon DD was licking whipped cream off her face, too.

I think that's perhaps what I like best about cruising. I relax in luxury, and then laugh through the evenings. All good for the soul.

Thanks again everyone!

Finally getting back into our routine after that week of amazing-ness!!

We had a blast, and I'm so glad we did the FE. We really appreciate everyone's gifts and I want to say thank you for helping a magical vacation even more so!!

Hope everyone is well! :)

I'll chime in, too, and echo the thank you's to all of the FE participants!!! We had so much fun & were really amazed at how much we ended up getting (even signing up so very late--February!)!! My entire family had fun with it & both of my girls even helped with delivering--which I figured would be left for me. ;-) My hubby was even excited & he thought I was nuts for participating--so much fun for all & I thank you for that.

We didn't make it to the DIS meet unfortunately but remember my family thought I was crazy--maybe next cruise we'll try to attend the "meet". I did run into a few of you while delivering, though....or as I felt--I was caught delivering!

Curious--anyone on the 8th deck that may know--my in-laws were there I bought them an FE (but mostly for us to deliver stuff to them) & they received about half a dozen "gifts" from others--thank you!! They received a wooden car...which when I was delivering on their deck I saw it in other FEs--anyone know the significance? It was cute but I was stumped when they asked me.

We had a great time & I'm glad that I decided to participate in the FE exchange!! We had a blast!

Please let us join the chorus of thank yous (and admission of your superior creativity) for the amazing and thoughtful Fish Extender gifts.

We had an amazing cruise. I had forgotten about being immersed in luxury, from the joy of having the room constantly tidied up and cleaned, to Frette linens, all the way to being offered chilled facecloths up at Satellite Falls. We loved the Fantasy. It seemed a bit large and overwhelming at first, but it didn't take too long to find our way around.

Palo was fantastic -- and thanks 3Goofys, the company was even better! We met our DIS friends in all kinds of places onboard and onshore. It really was nice to see familiar faces around and about.

Our daughter also made some fast friends, which means happy cruising for everyone. Thanks FireGoofy for sharing your DD.

And a funny story for those who may have seen my husband and daughter onstage with Magic Mike at the early show, where she hit Dad with a "pie" of shaving cream. When we got to our table at dinner, our table mates had arrived early, and asked the wait staff to get a plate of whipped cream. They kept it hidden on a nearby table.

They laughed about the show, and then handed the plate to my husband and said that perhaps he had something he'd like to do with it. Ever the good sport, soon DD was licking whipped cream off her face, too.

I think that's perhaps what I like best about cruising. I relax in luxury, and then laugh through the evenings. All good for the soul.

Thanks again everyone!

What fun! I laughed so hard when they were onstage. Without thinking I pulled out the camera and took a picture. When the flash went off I realized shouldn't have done that :rotfl:

Thanks so much for catching me in the elevator :) I kept looking for you the rest of the trip but never saw you again. That's one thing about the Fantasy I didn't like. On the Wonder I was constantly seeing the same people but not on the Fantasy, too big.

I'll chime in, too, and echo the thank you's to all of the FE participants!!! We had so much fun & were really amazed at how much we ended up getting (even signing up so very late--February!)!! My entire family had fun with it & both of my girls even helped with delivering--which I figured would be left for me. ;-) My hubby was even excited & he thought I was nuts for participating--so much fun for all & I thank you for that.

We didn't make it to the DIS meet unfortunately but remember my family thought I was crazy--maybe next cruise we'll try to attend the "meet". I did run into a few of you while delivering, though....or as I felt--I was caught delivering!

Curious--anyone on the 8th deck that may know--my in-laws were there I bought them an FE (but mostly for us to deliver stuff to them) & they received about half a dozen "gifts" from others--thank you!! They received a wooden car...which when I was delivering on their deck I saw it in other FEs--anyone know the significance? It was cute but I was stumped when they asked me.

We had a great time & I'm glad that I decided to participate in the FE exchange!! We had a blast!

The cars were a gift from our neighbor on deck 6. He was not involved with our FE exchange, but one with a group of their family surrounding our cabin. They were very nice people. He made all the cars himself and just wanted to share. Thought it was super nice of him. We are giving a couple of ours to so youngsters we know that will enjoy them I'm sure.

The cars were a gift from our neighbor on deck 6. He was not involved with our FE exchange, but one with a group of their family surrounding our cabin. They were very nice people. He made all the cars himself and just wanted to share. Thought it was super nice of him. We are giving a couple of ours to so youngsters we know that will enjoy them I'm sure.

Thanks for sharing the story of the cars.

I am back at the gym again this week after our wonderful cruise filled with wonderful food. So hard to go back. Met with a fitness trainer though today and he gave me lots of great information.

Our plans are WDW in 2014. Cruise again in 2015 - probably spring break again. Vacations for the rest of this year include the TN mountains in the summer and up north during Christmas break so we can see some snow. (crossing fingers)

Very neat! And thank you for letting me know! I can now tell my in-laws about them! They were surprised to get anything additional so thank you!! I only had a few extras with me (and one of my waterproof containers cracked sometime during the trip prior to delivery--thankful I had an extra)--so as I saw random other FEs not on the list, I'd give them what I had left. :-) It was a blast!

I think I'm about back to normal!

Thank you for sharing the story about the car, I was wondering as well. Loved all the homemade gifts. And thank you for making the maze to our stateroom..5522.

SSanders, thank you for recommending Sergio. We have been on a lot of cruises with wonderful waiters. I did not think they could get any better than our Magic favorites, and Sergio w/ Pamela out shined them all. I miss him!

We really enjoyed San Juan and made the ferry over to St. John..gorgeous. I was happy to purchase 2 hats in San Juan for my XL head. (I can never get hats here) We had several people from Carnival on our ferry to St. John, I guess that was their last good day.

It was nice seeing some familiar faces from past cruises, until next time!
Jill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter