February 2009 .....Anyone else going then?

I really thought I already joined the Feb. 2009 list, but apparently not.

Me and DH will be there the 8th - 16th at BWI and POFQ. We are scheduled to feed our faces at Boma, Coral Reef, Chefs de France, Chef Mickey's, Mama Melrose, the Plaza, and Restaurant Marrakesh.

So excited!

2/17-2/23 2009

Booked CSR through AAA TA - room, 6-day park hoppers, dining plan!
Airfare - booked early in August - not bad $ - $271 per person from ROC to MCO!

Got our ADR'S!
Tues - Dinner Primetime 50's
Wed - Lunch Tusker House
Thur - Dinner Le Cellier
Fri - TBD
Sat - Dinner Coral Reef
Sun - Dinner Mama Melrose Fantasmic

These are all new restaurants to us - except for Primetime 50's we just have to revisit!

We're ready and waiting!!! :thumbsup2

There are 6 of us going for my 17y.o daughter's Dance championships at WWoS. We arrive Jan 29th and stay til Feb 8th.
POFQ 10 nights 2 rooms
29th-TREX cafe
30th-Crystal Palace 805am
30th-Team Dinner Teppan Edo 8pm 40 people:headache:
2nd-Tusker House 8am
2nd-Mama Melrose 425pm Fantasmic package
3rd-Garden at the land 430pm
4th-Chef Mickey 815am
4th-Boma 9pm
6th-Chef Mickey 815am
6th-Coral Reef 520pm
7th-Sci-fi 125pm

then on to RPR at universal for 2 days..

what do ya all think? I havent been to florida for 25 years. Im so excited, I cant stand it.

I was stationed in Japan, and went back there in October last year for our honeymoon. Disneyland over there is alot different. I cant wait. The six of us in our blended family are on the edge of our seats!!!!

Any tips or input would be awesome!!

thanks
Jon and Chris plus six!!!

The high school uda championships are January 30-31

I'll be there for a conference at CSR 2/24-27....short trip, but I cant think of a better place I'd like to spend a work-day:goodvibes

The DH and I are planning a Feb 8 - Feb 13 trip! We're staying at the GF (our first trip there)! We stayed at POR in June for our honeymoon and are looking forward to a Deluxe this time. We love doing deluxe dining because we both love good food and don't have any kids so it's easy for us to make 2 ADRs a day. We're planning on eating at the Flying Fish Cafe, Citricos, Narcossee's, California Grill, and then either Hollywood Brown Derby or Jiko. So excited!!!

Anyone know what the crowds are like early Feb?

Anyone know what the crowds are like early Feb?

Normally, early FEB is a great time to go, and crowds are low. However, we were there in late JAN/early FEB this year, and it was more crowded. There were a lot of South American tour groups there during that time period. I think they were able to get good deals there because of the dollar falling in value. It wasn't nearly as crowded as Christmas or the busiest times of the year, but it was definitely more crowded than we are used to.

My advice is to get to the parks early, use FastPass when you can, and avoid parks on the day they have extra magic hours as those parks tend to be more crowded.

We are also surprising DD with a birthday trip...she turns 5 on the
5th .princess:
We are taking DS(2) along as well...first time for both!
This is the first time we will stay on property.:woohoo:
Staying at the Comtemporary 5th-8th.
gotten all ADRs thru TA.
so far we have:
Thurs-BBB, dinner @ Whispering Canyon
Fri-breakfast @ CRT, mabe dinner @ Le Cellier
Sat-lunch @ Crystal Palace, dinner @ California Grill for Fireworks
Sun-???:confused3
February seems like a good time to go...last time we went was our honeymoon in Oct 2000.
Have fun Feb Club(thats what I call us:blush: )

We are going in February!!!!!:banana:

I am so excited because this is our favorite time of the year to go. I didn't think we'd be able to because DS started pre-k this year. Come to find out the school is fine with pre-k missing some days for vacation. This may be our last time for a February trip but I'm so excited we get to do it one more time. Lower crowds, mild weather, shorter lines.....THE BEST!!!

We're going 7-13th at OKW.

We are going in February!!!!!:banana:

I am so excited because this is our favorite time of the year to go. I didn't think we'd be able to because DS started pre-k this year. Come to find out the school is fine with pre-k missing some days for vacation. This may be our last time for a February trip but I'm so excited we get to do it one more time. Lower crowds, mild weather, shorter lines.....THE BEST!!!

We're going 7-13th at OKW.

Glad you get to go during the quiet crowds! We usually go during late JAN/early FEB, but now the boys are in Kindy they can't miss so many days of school. Since they get the whole week off for Mardi Gras, we're going then.

fyi---my boys were in public school for pre-k last year, and I notified them well in advance about the boys missing a week of pre-k, and asked what letter/color they were working on that week so I could incorporate it into our vacation. The school seemed fine with that. However, upon our return I received a letter in the mail stating they had missed 7 unexcused days of school (the count included 2 days they were sick with a stomach virus without a doctor's excuse) and if they missed another day they would notify the DA's office. :rolleyes: Unbelievable!...this is pre-k. i know our DA would not have bothered with us, but still - the letter made me angry.

Glad you get to go during the quiet crowds! We usually go during late JAN/early FEB, but now the boys are in Kindy they can't miss so many days of school. Since they get the whole week off for Mardi Gras, we're going then.

fyi---my boys were in public school for pre-k last year, and I notified them well in advance about the boys missing a week of pre-k, and asked what letter/color they were working on that week so I could incorporate it into our vacation. The school seemed fine with that. However, upon our return I received a letter in the mail stating they had missed 7 unexcused days of school (the count included 2 days they were sick with a stomach virus without a doctor's excuse) and if they missed another day they would notify the DA's office. :rolleyes: Unbelievable!...this is pre-k. i know our DA would not have bothered with us, but still - the letter made me angry.

GRRRRRR!!! That letter would have made me angry too! I plan on talking to his teacher also. We are in private school but I guess if someone wants to make an issue they will.

As a high school science teacher I have always supported families that wanted to take time off of school to spend time together. In this "grab and go" world it is nice when families are able to spend time together away from the stresses of real life. I just asked that students be in good standing and take a little work with them and try to make connections to what they are doing on vacation. I have had some of the best reports from these kids.

I am very sad to hear how you have been treated by your school district. You can always go to the head of the school board and make your case.

I hope you meet with better experiences in the future.

Feb 14-19th 2009. Can't wait. Haven't been in 6yrs. Had two more kids since then. Should be a blast.

We have booked A.K. Lodge Jan.31-Feb. 4. This will be our first stay @ A.K.L. Our last two trips we stayed @ W.L., but we thought we would try something new this trip. I hope that we won't regret the change because we do love the the W.L.!!! Any feedback on the A.K.L???

We have booked A.K. Lodge Jan.31-Feb. 4. This will be our first stay @ A.K.L. Our last two trips we stayed @ W.L., but we thought we would try something new this trip. I hope that we won't regret the change because we do love the the W.L.!!! Any feedback on the A.K.L???

We loved them both! Enjoy yourself.

Will be heading that way during Mardi Gras with my DW and DD8 n DD5 can't wait for 10 days of pure Magic. also looking forward to eat at the new T-Rex.

Officially on board!

Our trip is booked (pending change if codes become available) and airfare is purchased for the 4th - 8th.

Even though it will be my 10th trip to the World, it will be full of firsts!
First time going as a parent...
First time my son will be going...
First time either of my in-laws will be going...
First time staying at OKW...
First time going the WDW with more than three people...

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love that all you people are as excited as I am... :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter