February 2009 .....Anyone else going then?

I'm joining in on the countdown! It's been just over a month since we returned from the big family vacation! But with 2 little children, you accommodate their schedule and needs. I skipped so many things that I wanted to see and do. Last week I decided I wanted to do an adult trip, so my Mom & best friend are joining me at WDW 2/1-2/4.
I have my airfare booked. I'm looking into resorts. I have a budget for a mod, but am hoping for a good code to be released in November. If it's mod I think I'll go POFQ. If I can upgrade with a code I'd like to book CR. I am also considering renting points from a DVCer, but think I'd wait until I see what code comes out.

Just finished booking our rooms for 1/31 - 2/7.:woohoo: :woohoo:

Rented points for 1/31 - 2/4 (4nts) at AKL Standard: $676.00
Doing the DxDP for these nights: $576.00 (Pay at check-in)
8-day PH through Undercover Tourist: $564.00

2/4 - 2/7 (3nts) AKL Club Level (AAA discount): $990.00

Total: $2806.00

This is our 20th Anniversary Trip. My wife wanted to do a safari, but the cost was :eek: :eek: :eek:. So we decided the next best thing was WDW and AKL (my choice anyday :tigger: )

Here is some of what we have planned already:

Sunday morning: Segway tour at Epcot
Monday night: La Nouba
Tuesday: Discover Cove
Thursday morning: Sunrise Safari
Friday night: Sunset Safari

Dinner/Lunch plans so far:
Narcoosies
Flying Fish
California Grill
Artist Point
Jikos (Sunset Safari)
Rain Forest Cafe (La Nouba night)
Le Cellier
Coral Reef
Boma

Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Hi all. Our trip is Feb 11-18th! So far resort booked and paid in full. Working on tickets now. I have heard a lot about dining plans and all here. But has anyone ever just took their own food and maybe had one meal in the parks per day? My family and I are going to try that out. We never thought we would be able to go but thanks to some sacrificing it has been made possible. I think food is an area where more sacrifices will have to be made. Maybe we can use this time to diet. LOL! We will be getting reservations for one dinner to celebrate our anniversary though.
:hug: :yay: :yay: :cool1: :cool1: :cheer2:

We are headed for CBR Feb 23- Mar 3. Stayed at CSR last Feb about the same dates and it was great. We've talked 3 others families into joining us this year. 18 of us. 118 days to go. We can now book ADR through Mar 22. I've got 5 of our 8 made. I can't wait to get there!!!!!!!:banana:

We moved our dates up by a week, so I think my ticker is wrong. But we will be there Feb. 1 - 8. 5 nights at BC (we really wanted BWI, but there was no AAA availability) and 2 nights at AKL.

My DD9 and I are going Feb 4-8 for a wedding! We're staying at All-Star Music. This will be my 3rd Disney trip and DD's 2nd! We're soo excited!

We applied that new discount that just came out to our existing reservations and knocked about $900 off!!! PLUS, they are giving a $200 gift card when you check in. :thumbsup2

Family of 6 staying at AKL in two savannah rooms on the buy 4 get 3 with DDP and 7 day base and airfare for $5600. So excited!:cool1:

Just booked myself and DD 10 for Jan 31-Feb 7 @ Pop. It will be a surprise Christmas present for DD!!! Hope I can keep it to myself until then! Got a great deal with the buy 4, stay 7 and $200 gift card deal. Plus airfare was low! So excited!!!!!!

Family of 6 staying at AKL in two savannah rooms on the buy 4 get 3 with DDP and 7 day base and airfare for $5600. So excited!:cool1:

We will be at AKL from Feb 4th to 7th, then moving to the Poly. My toddler is very excited to see the animals. He keeps telling people we are going to Africa :rotfl2:

My sister and I will be at WL 1/31-2/8 (trying to talk our other sister into joining us the end of the week) - second time staying here - we booked in August and I contacted my TA for the recent deal to see if we can save some cash (have not heard back yet :sad2: ). Thought about switching to the Poly with the deal but would rather stay there in October/November when the weather will be warmer :goodvibes .

ADR's - called in September for most of them and got everything we wanted.
Dining first's for us on this trip:
Narcossee's & Kona Cafe

Hope you all have a magical time!! :tinker:

We're going Feb. 5-12 to POP. Just had to get away between our two "bigger" WDW summer trips. ;) Can't wait to try POP.

I'm a newb here so bear with me. This is our 1st trip to WDW as a family Me DW and DD4 DD2. DW and myself have not been there since we were little kids. We are booked for POP or the week. I'm hoping the Super Bowl aftermath does not crush the parks with crowds. I could not resist the current deal. Round trip airfare for 4, 7 nights at POP with base passes and the new QS meal plan...total 2447...plus we get the $200 credit on check-in. I'm not sure we will ever see rates like that again...so I took the plunge.

Like I said...i'm a newb at this...any good suggestions for a family of 4 with a 2 and 4 year old? Anything to avoid or seek out in particular?

I'm a newb here so bear with me. This is our 1st trip to WDW as a family Me DW and DD4 DD2. DW and myself have not been there since we were little kids. We are booked for POP or the week. I'm hoping the Super Bowl aftermath does not crush the parks with crowds. I could not resist the current deal. Round trip airfare for 4, 7 nights at POP with base passes and the new QS meal plan...total 2447...plus we get the $200 credit on check-in. I'm not sure we will ever see rates like that again...so I took the plunge.

Like I said...i'm a newb at this...any good suggestions for a family of 4 with a 2 and 4 year old? Anything to avoid or seek out in particular?

I have a two year old son and he has already been to Disney three times and his fourth trip is in February. All before his third birthday. Anyway, we have some experience with toddlers at the resorts and parks. One suggestion that I have for you is to have diapers/wipes/finger food delivered to the room from an online grocery store if you don't have a car. We never rent one, so this service is very valuable to us.

Another suggestion, and I am sure you will hear this a lot, is to plan time to relax at the resort in the middle of the day. We always go back to the room for a nap and 'quiet time' for the family. It really does cut down on afternoon meltdowns, my husband, not the child:rotfl2:

We always bring our own stroller, even though he can walk, it is nice to be able to toss him in for traveling long distances, like at Epcot.

As for the parks, there are great baby care centers in each of the parks. These are quiet, clean, and stocked with supplies should you have an unexpected accident. They have microwaves, food, and a playroom for older siblings. They can be found on the maps, or ask any CM.

We have also found that the playgrounds in each of the parks are a great place to let the kids run. We also take a bus over to the AKL every trip to see the animals and to have dinner.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions.

One suggestion that I have for you is to have diapers/wipes/finger food delivered to the room from an online grocery store if you don't have a car. We never rent one, so this service is very valuable to us.

It's funny you mention that because I had read a similar thing elsewhere and thought it was a great idea..I was also going to order a case of water and a few 12 packs of juice along with an ice cooler. This way we can use our CS meal plan snack credits for the good stuff :thumbsup2 not waste it on drinks hehe. We can just pack the cold drinks in a soft sided cooler and bring them along.

Another suggestion, and I am sure you will hear this a lot, is to plan time to relax at the resort in the middle of the day. We always go back to the room for a nap and 'quiet time' for the family. It really does cut down on afternoon meltdowns, my husband, not the child:rotfl2:

Ok...here is a question....I did not opt for the hopper because with 2 little ones and a week on site I did not think it was practical that we would get to multiple parks in a day. Can you use the same ticket to re-enter a park on the same day...so you can leave and go back to the resort to relax and then go back into the same park that evening with the same ticket admission?

We always bring our own stroller, even though he can walk, it is nice to be able to toss him in for traveling long distances, like at Epcot.

We will be flying down from PA...I really did not want to pack the stroller because I figured that Disney had the rental BIG wheeled 2 seat carts that you can push around. Getting the stroller checked into the plane and then lugging it onto the busses was not something I was wanting to deal with. DO they have those 2 wheeled carts with the canopy over the top? I know the 4 year old can walk around most of the time but even HE will get tuckered out after walking (who am *I* kidding) make that RUNNING all over the park during the day...that is why I was wanting to do the 2 seat option. Any thoughts?

As for the parks, there are great baby care centers in each of the parks. These are quiet, clean, and stocked with supplies should you have an unexpected accident. They have microwaves, food, and a playroom for older siblings. They can be found on the maps, or ask any CM.

We have also found that the playgrounds in each of the parks are a great place to let the kids run. We also take a bus over to the AKL every trip to see the animals and to have dinner.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions.

Those are great things to know....the wife and I are so excited (I think me more so than her) I'm trying to get some sort of itinerary lined up so that we can do all of the things we REALLY want the kids to get to see and then there are a couple ADRs that I hope we can pull off. We can make good use of that $200 credit on those :woohoo:

Oh...forgot to mention...we are scheduled for 2/1-2/8 on the CS meal plan...lots of snacks to take advantage of...we figure we will bring down a couple boxes of granola bars and pop tarts. Have some cereal and other such things delivered by the online grocery place and buy the half gallon of milk at the Pop quick grab. Keep the milk and drinks in the ice cooler. I think I have that part of it planned out...I'm sure there will be a wrench thrown into the mix somewhere along the line :rolleyes:

Ok...here is a question....I did not opt for the hopper because with 2 little ones and a week on site I did not think it was practical that we would get to multiple parks in a day. Can you use the same ticket to re-enter a park on the same day...so you can leave and go back to the resort to relax and then go back into the same park that evening with the same ticket admission?

Yes you can reenter the same park on the same day. My DH & I are usually Park Hoppers but since the parks close earlier this time of year and we don't plan to dine in multiple parks on the same day we decided not to purchase the PH option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter