First DVC Resale Contract for The Villas at Disneyland Hotel

So $185 resale versus $226 for direct (current price for 150 pts) is a $6150 savings. If you genuinely only want to use it at DLR its probably worth it to SOMEONE, but IDK if I would do it.

So $185 resale versus $226 for direct (current price for 150 pts) is a $6150 savings. If you genuinely only want to use it at DLR its probably worth it to SOMEONE, but IDK if I would do it.
Yep, at some point it becomes worth doing, similar to VGC you only want to use it there anyway.
My issue is the dues & ToT add up more than anything.. as if VDH is on the beach somewhere. lol

The direct contract will likely come with an extra year of points. Use those with MB and you knock the savings down to $3k…. Already a DVC member with a trip on the books… now you are down to only a $1500 savings…. awful deal IMO compared to direct.

Now compare it to renting points from a friendly DISboarder for $17pp within 7m….

Those prices will need to come down if they want to move…. especially the stripped ones….

The direct contract will likely come with an extra year of points. Use those with MB and you knock the savings down to $3k…. Already a DVC member with a trip on the books… now you are down to only a $1500 savings…. awful deal IMO compared to direct.

Now compare it to renting points from a friendly DISboarder for $17pp within 7m….

Those prices will need to come down if they want to move…. especially the stripped ones….
What's your magic number?
Personally I'm not sure there is a number that I'd feel covers the dues and tax for the next 50 years. If I was given a contract, it would still be an expensive trip. lol (obviously some DVC math would help me see there is an amount that makes it a great deal, I'm just not sure what that number is)

*edit*
I think this has been done multiple times, & maybe by me already, but here goes...
It's about $12.36pp for just dues & ToT (based on avg stay in 2024/5), not counting cost of contract. I think VGC costs me about $15pp, so if you get the points for $3pp or less the value is there.?

Last edited:

Personally I'm not sure there is a number that I'd feel covers the dues and tax for the next 50 years. If I was given a contract, it would still be an expensive trip. lol (obviously some DVC math would help me see there is an amount that makes it a great deal, I'm just not sure what that number is)

*edit*
I think this has been done multiple times, & maybe by me already, but here goes...
It's about $12.36pp for just dues & ToT (based on avg stay in 2024/5), not counting cost of contract. I think VGC costs me about $15pp, so if you get the points for $3pp or less the value is there.?
I’m staying there twice in the next 60-days… so we’ll see how we feel about it…

I’m sure that @DanCal’s est of between $80-85 is mathematically correct.

My bigger problem with VDH is having to walk through Downtown Disney. I'm just about ready to quit that practice and resort to "crossing the street" at the Grand Cal. I really hate Downtown Disney for its noise, crowds, and the (failed) traffic patterns of how guests move through the space. (They don't walk with purpose ... they meander and frequently stop right in front of you or pull a crazy Ivan turnaround ... ugh. I just want to walk-with-purpose and get through the awful space to my destination. Where is the "fast lane" through DD?)
The "fast lane" is destination dependent...
I like the walk through downtown Disney. The music, the food smells, the people. We go a lot and don’t think I’ve encountered any meandering people ( it is a shopping and dining district). It’s also just 10 mins to the to the gate (although from the amount of complaining I see on this site you’d think it was an hour walk uphill both ways). Monorail is always an option and is about 1-2 min walk if that from security. If you’re going to DCA exit out the back of the frontier tower, walk down paradise, cross the street, enter the Pixar gate and your in the park in 5-6 mins.
"Crossing the street" makes total sense...and with the Pixar Pier Hotel entrance, it is even faster than going through Grand Cal. You can skip the meandering path around the pool making it the preferred route for destination DCA (from VDH).

For destination DL (from VDH), monorail every time. Cherry on top... there is the DVC lounge waiting at the end of that journey for free drinks on a hot summer's day.

The "fast lane" is destination dependent...

"Crossing the street" makes total sense...and with the Pixar Pier Hotel entrance, it is even faster than going through Grand Cal. You can skip the meandering path around the pool making it the preferred route for destination DCA (from VDH).
Can you get out of the DVC wing from Grand Cal to use it as well? (without jumping off the balcony. lol)
Seems like it could be the perfect route from that side of the resort.

*edit*
After staying at VDH, I can tell you that I don’t think my wife would sign a contract even if it were free….

I’m sure that a stay in the VDH Grand Villa would change her tune… but outside of that particular room category… my wife and oldest son (14) rated it as a 5 out of 10…

I was really hoping we’d like it to…

After staying at VDH, I can tell you that I don’t think my wife would sign a contract even if it were free….

I’m sure that a stay in the VDH Grand Villa would change her tune… but outside of that particular room category… my wife and oldest son (14) rated it as a 5 out of 10…

I am sure the dishwasher debacle did not help the situation LOL

Didn’t like the 1BR?

We really liked the 2 BR, and the three full baths was an added plus. The Grand Villa is gorgeous! Housecleaning let us peek in as we were walking by. Need to do a tour when we’re there again in 3 months.

5 out of 10? Ouch! We’ve only stayed in GCV 1BR once, but thought it was old and busted vs new hotness when compared to VDH. Of course you can’t beat the proximity of GCV!

I am sure the dishwasher debacle did not help the situation LOL
My wife said it dropped it from a 7 to a 5 with the dishwasher … but if we would have left after starting the dishwasher and gone to the parks and come back to a flooded room…. that would have been REALLY bad…

Not that it has anything to do with the new tower, but we were pretty disappointed in breakfast at Tangaroa Terrace. Maybe i was too excited & the hype killed it, but regardless it seemed kinda machine made. (Coffee House coffee was pretty dang good tho)

Not that it has anything to do with the new tower, but we were pretty disappointed in breakfast at Tangaroa Terrace. Maybe i was too excited & the hype killed it, but regardless it seemed kinda machine made.

I thought the American Breakfast was very nice. Eggs were cooked well, bacon was slightly crisp, pineapple was fresh, sweet potato’s were cooked perfectly.

What did you order?

I thought the American Breakfast was very nice. Eggs were cooked well, bacon was slightly crisp, pineapple was fresh, sweet potato’s were cooked perfectly.

What did you order?
I had the "Loco Moco" burrito, friends i think had Avocado Toast, maybe it was an off day or like i said the hype got me. lol
I edited my above post to add the Coffee at the Coffee House was good!

Didn’t like the 1BR?

We really liked the 2 BR, and the three full baths was an added plus. The Grand Villa is gorgeous! Housecleaning let us peek in as we were walking by. Need to do a tour when we’re there again in 3 months.

5 out of 10? Ouch! We’ve only stayed in GCV 1BR once, but thought it was old and busted vs new hotness when compared to VDH. Of course you can’t beat the proximity of GCV!
I draw a distinction between “would never stay there again” vs “would pay $22,000+ upfront and annual dues to only be able to stay there”

I don’t think she will ever run a dishwasher there again though…. and definitely will not start a dishwasher in a DVC room right before we head out to the park or dinner….

I had the "Loco Moco" burrito, friends i think had Avocado Toast, maybe it was an off day or like i said the hype got me. lol
I edited my above post to add the Coffee at the Coffee House was good!
I wanted to try that burrito, but went with the American Breakfast to be safe. Hopefully it’s better next time for you!

The American Breakfast, short ribs and eggs, fluffy pancakes and tangora toast are the stand outs for us. The loco moco burrito is just ok and we find it pretty heavy. Not a fan of smashed avocado toast (prefer it avocado sliced on toast) so we’ve never tried that.

Room service is back so there’s also more traditional breakfast options there as well!

I draw a distinction between “would never stay there again” vs “would pay $22,000+ upfront and annual dues to only be able to stay there”

I don’t think she will ever run a dishwasher there again though…. and definitely will not start a dishwasher in a DVC room right before we head out to the park or dinner….
I won’t say then how many points then we own there 😝.

Had a friend years ago who had a dishwasher fail in their fairly new home. Started it and went out for the day. Came back to a diaster. Luckily insurance paid for all new floors. Since then we never run a dishwasher unless we’re home!

The American Breakfast, short ribs and eggs, fluffy pancakes and tangora toast are the stand outs for us. The loco moco burrito is just ok and we find it pretty heavy. Not a fan of smashed avocado toast (prefer it avocado sliced on toast) so we’ve never tried that.

Room service is back so there’s also more traditional breakfast options there as well!
That would be my choice... next time.

Loco Moco burrito was fairly small (so not too heavy), & just seemed fake, too manufactured, like it was made elsewhere, then frozen & reheated.
Ultimately, I’ll still eat there, and just try different things… it wasn’t bad, just wasn’t as good as I hoped or expected.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter