First DVC Resale Contract for The Villas at Disneyland Hotel

So, buying direct as a current member who already has a stay on the books ($1000 savings) and would use magical beginnings ($3000 rebate) since this contract has used the first years points would be around $193pp… and Disney closing costs are roughly half of resale ($450 savings).

At a listing of $185pp, is it worth a savings of around $5pp ($750) and the 2-3 month longer closing process to have those points be restricted to just one resort for the next 49 years…

My guess is $185 is the amount the seller needs to get to pay off the loan after seller commissions.
I’ve been out of the loop for a bit & apparently missed the scoop on the $1,000 savings for having a stay booked when you buy, that you mentioned in your post. I’m planning to buy VDH this month & was hoping you could share the details of that with me. As you know, every penny hurts on these big purchases, so I’d love to save where I can.

I’ve been out of the loop for a bit & apparently missed the scoop on the $1,000 savings for having a stay booked when you buy, that you mentioned in your post. I’m planning to buy VDH this month & was hoping you could share the details of that with me. As you know, every penny hurts on these big purchases, so I’d love to save where I can.
https://www.dvcnews.com/dvc-program...fall-2023-disney-vacation-club-direct-pricing

https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-menu/financial/pricing-a-promotions

Last edited:
(They don't walk with purpose ... they meander and frequently stop right in front of you or pull a crazy Ivan turnaround ... ugh. I just want to walk-with-purpose and get through the awful space to my destination. Where is the "fast lane" through DD?)

Fifteen Clever Points for using "Crazy Ivan".

I just wanted to say thank you again for sending me this info. I purchased VDH today. The rep that I spoke with was not aware that the Welcome Home discount was available for VDH. So, if I hadn't had this info from you, and specifically asked about it, I would not have gotten the savings. Most appreciated!

I just wanted to say thank you again for sending me this info. I purchased VDH today. The rep that I spoke with was not aware that the Welcome Home discount was available for VDH. So, if I hadn't had this info from you, and specifically asked about it, I would not have gotten the savings. Most appreciated!
Welcome Home!

I’ve been watching a semi-stripped VDH resale contract in the Sep UY. It disappeared today. I wonder if it went under contract?

**edit for spelling**

Last edited:
I’ve been watching a semis-stripped VDH resale contract in the Sep UY. It disappeared today. I wonder if it went under contract?
Was that the one for $155? I’m not surprised. There was one awhile back that was totally stripped for $150 and it was up less than a day.

There’s a lot of west coast Disney Fanatics (like us) who do a lot of DL and never travel to WDW. I’m sure it makes sense for a segment of membership/population. As I mentioned earlier we made an offer fairly close to what they were asking (to add onto our direct VDH points) but they were firm.

There’s a lot of west coast Disney Fanatics (like us) who do a lot of DL and never travel to WDW. I’m sure it makes sense for a segment of membership/population. As I mentioned earlier we made an offer fairly close to what they were asking (to add onto our direct VDH points) but they were firm.
It certainly was close enough to reasonable that I was tracking it. I totally agree that we west coasters, especially those that don’t own VGC, have a different calculus than our east coast counterparts.

I’ve been watching a semi-stripped VDH resale contract in the Sep UY. It disappeared today. I wonder if it went under contract?

**edit for spelling**
It's not showing up on xxxxx (removed since no link) at all. Usually contracts that are pending will still show up there but this one is nowhere to be found.

Last edited by a moderator:
It certainly was close enough to reasonable that I was tracking it. I totally agree that we west coasters, especially those that don’t own VGC, have a different calculus than our east coast counterparts.
Definitely… It all comes down to benefits and ability to use elsewhere. If neither of that matters than hell yes, save some cash, but if both matter to you then only saving $80/pp once isn’t worth it imo. Dues (& ToT) are the same as direct for the next 50 years.
If you’re only going to use them at DLR, & already have direct benefits, that’s who they are good for.

Last edited:
It's not showing up on xxxxx (removed since no link) at all. Usually contracts that are pending will still show up there but this one is nowhere to be found.
It's possible the seller changed their mind and took down the posting. If it was pending, it would still be up on the dvcresalemarket.com with Offer Accepted. There's one VDH contract that has offer pending. I really wonder what the ppp was agreed on.

Definitely… It all comes down to benefits and ability to use elsewhere. If neither of that matters than hell yes, save some cash……If you’re only going to use them at DLR, & already have direct benefits, that’s who they are good for.
That describes us exactly in waiting for some VDH resale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter