First Week of December at the Poly!!!

You will LOVE it!!!! This is our 6th time going at the Christmas time and it has become our special holiday treat. You will cry the first time you see Cinderella's Castle lit up with the icicle lights and can I recommend stopping by the Writer's Stop and get a treat and hot chocolate before going to see Osborne Family Lights!! santa:

Thank you for the tip.:yay:

Aloha fellow Poly people! I'll be in the air and on my way back to the Polynesian in 22 days! WooHoo! Getting so close! :)

So the Disney Vacation Connection countdown is in the teens today! :banana:

Right now it says 19 days and 11 hours. That is the number of days until I reach the Poly, but I am spending one night at POFQ by myself to do a little Christmas shopping at DTD.

Now is the time that the to do lists get very long trying to get everything done at work and home before the vacation.

Hey! I'm maiapapaya's sister. We were at the Poly from Oct 24 - Nov 1. I remember meeting a family on the bus to Animal Kingdom (I think it was Animal Kingdom)...was that you maybe?

That may have been us...I don't remember what the conversation was about, but there was some issue that no one was happy about. Maybe some "Disney is all about MY family" kind of situation....someone else on the bus. Were you in a building closer to the TTC last year?

One more tip for all of you who do drink...:rolleyes1...I was so excited when I found the alchoholic holiday cocktails out side the Sci-fi Diner. I was so excited that I found that last year.

That may have been us...I don't remember what the conversation was about, but there was some issue that no one was happy about. Maybe some "Disney is all about MY family" kind of situation....someone else on the bus. Were you in a building closer to the TTC last year?

I don't remember the conversation either! :) We were in Tuvalu...pretty far from the transportation, but a wonderful long house. We're hoping for the same one this trip.

One more tip for all of you who do drink...:rolleyes1...I was so excited when I found the alchoholic holiday cocktails out side the Sci-fi Diner. I was so excited that I found that last year.

Thanks - we'll definately check that out!

Can you tell me what they were? What flavors? Hot or Cold?

Okay,

I am looking for someone to tell me everything will be okay.

My husband and I decided we could extend our vacation by staying at a value resort before checking into the Poly. He has vacation time, and we will get a bit of a discount using the passholder site. So I went ahead and booked All Star Music Nov 23 - Nov 28. I think it will be a good move, as we will not be paying as much for a room when we first arrive and are recovering from our drive (we drive from Michigan, straight through, around 18 hours).

Our Poly reservation was made last Feb, when I got a great pin code in the email. The only club level room just happened to be theme park view, and since my mind was set on club level, I booked it. We are booked there Nov 28 - Dec 5. Now, that room comes with quite a high price. But, I know with the pin code and being value season, it will never be that low again. I am beyond excited about this vacation. Christmastime at the Poly!!:banana:

Here is my cause of anxiety: We decided we would be better off checking out of the Poly on Saturday Dec 4 (one day earlier than previously planned) to drive home Sat/Sun in lower traffic. Also, cancelling one night and cancelling Mickey's BBQ we have scheduled more than covers the 5 nights in a value (even over thanksgiving). Now I have called reservations twice to confirm I will not lose my discounted rate by cancelling the last night, but I am having an anxiety attack here as I am trying to call and actually finally cancel.

I know 5 nights at Music and 6 nights at Poly will be a very long and wonderful vacation. Please Please reassure me that I will be alright leaving Poly one day sooner!!! Ugh...I know it's the right thing to do, but it is so hard to make this call.

Okay....thanks for reading this, I feel better just typing and getting this out.

Okay,

I know 5 nights at Music and 6 nights at Poly will be a very long and wonderful vacation. Please Please reassure me that I will be alright leaving Poly one day sooner!!! Ugh...I know it's the right thing to do, but it is so hard to make this call.
QUOTE]

Sorry, my mother taught me not to lie! :lmao:
Seriously, though, I think you'll feel blue regardless of how many days you stay and dropping that extra night will pay for the extra days you've added to the beginning of your trip, which equals a longer WDW vacation. Smart planning!

Ahhhhhhhh!

Listening to "Tikiman Jukebox".

7017homersimpson.jpg

How have I missed this thread?!!??

I am almost too late for an introduction, but I will be at the Poly Dec 4-11. I am getting very excited, but have no one to share it with. Hubby does not get excited until we are "on the way" and my little princesses still do not know!:rotfl2:

I have started pulling some things together and it is making me even more excited! We will be doing MVMCP on our last night Dec10.

Is anyone else doing the GAD fastpass option? I am really looking forward to the extra fastpasses!

Can you tell me what they were? What flavors? Hot or Cold?

Unfortunately, I don't remember the name but it was white with a glowing star and sweet. This year I will know better and get a picture, but I believe they only had cold cocktail options and very limited. A couple cocktails with holiday names and then a small selection of beer. But the Writers Stop was right around the corner with hot chocolate in different flavors.

Okay,

I am looking for someone to tell me everything will be okay.

My husband and I decided we could extend our vacation by staying at a value resort before checking into the Poly. He has vacation time, and we will get a bit of a discount using the passholder site. So I went ahead and booked All Star Music Nov 23 - Nov 28. I think it will be a good move, as we will not be paying as much for a room when we first arrive and are recovering from our drive (we drive from Michigan, straight through, around 18 hours).

Our Poly reservation was made last Feb, when I got a great pin code in the email. The only club level room just happened to be theme park view, and since my mind was set on club level, I booked it. We are booked there Nov 28 - Dec 5. Now, that room comes with quite a high price. But, I know with the pin code and being value season, it will never be that low again. I am beyond excited about this vacation. Christmastime at the Poly!!:banana:

Here is my cause of anxiety: We decided we would be better off checking out of the Poly on Saturday Dec 4 (one day earlier than previously planned) to drive home Sat/Sun in lower traffic. Also, cancelling one night and cancelling Mickey's BBQ we have scheduled more than covers the 5 nights in a value (even over thanksgiving). Now I have called reservations twice to confirm I will not lose my discounted rate by cancelling the last night, but I am having an anxiety attack here as I am trying to call and actually finally cancel.

Okay....thanks for reading this, I feel better just typing and getting this out.

Sorry - I would be just as torn. However, I would personally give up the CL TPV and the value and stay longer in a GV at the Poly. I don't stare out my patio door enough to care...I can go to the beach! More time at the Poly!!!!

I am almost too late for an introduction, but I will be at the Poly Dec 4-11. I am getting very excited, but have no one to share it with. Hubby does not get excited until we are "on the way" and my little princesses still do not know!:rotfl2:

I have started pulling some things together and it is making me even more excited! We will be doing MVMCP on our last night Dec10.

Is anyone else doing the GAD fastpass option? I am really looking forward to the extra fastpasses!

:welcome:Okay...ready to sound ignorant...but GAD fastpass option??

Okay...never mind...I found it. I volunteer all the time, I have just never checked to see if any of them our on Disney's list. Oh well...have fun getting the extra FPs!!!!

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo ready to go on vacation at the Poly!!!!

I'll get you on there!!

Sorry - I would be just as torn. However, I would personally give up the CL TPV and the value and stay longer in a GV at the Poly. I don't stare out my patio door enough to care...I can go to the beach! More time at the Poly!!!!

I think the issue with this scenario is that if she changed now, the GV room would be as much as her discounted room, as there probably wouldn't be any discounted GV rooms available at this late date.

I'd stay the last day if it was already booked and paid. If it's on a CC with no means of immediate payment, I'd let it go. My gparents drive to and from Oklahoma (we fly), and the traffic isn't that much worse on a week day, so I wouldn't let that have an impact on your departure day.

Only two weeks to go! Woo hoo! :cool1:
Knocked quite a few things off of my "to do" list yesterday. Getting sooo excited! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter