First Week of December at the Poly!!!

All right guys just ordered my Memories By Betsy gift basket!!!!

Doing the single digit dance with you and all checked-in! :banana:

Watching the forecast is quite entertaining. I'm curious to know on what they base their predictions that the temperatures swing so dramatically from day to day (by 15 degrees?!!). :lmao: Of course when I see sun and 79/80 I KNOW that is the correct forecast! :rotfl2:

I ordered a basked from Betsy last week and get to do online checkin for our first night at Pop in the morning. We're also being entertained by the wide range of temps being predicted and how often they change. I agree with maiapapaya on which is the correct forecast. :cool1:

Add me and DGrD(7) to the list! We arrive 12/1 - 12/6. I have been going to WDW since 1972 and I can't believe I have never stayed at the Poly before. Doing MVMCP on both the 2nd and the 5th.
FYI - NASA has rescheduled the shuttle launch to 2:50 AM on Fri 12/3 - if that schedule holds, you will find us on the Poly beach at 2:30 AM waiting to watch one of the final launches ever - at least that's my 'enthusiastic grandmom' plan right now;)!

Add me and DGrD(7) to the list! We arrive 12/1 - 12/6. I have been going to WDW since 1972 and I can't believe I have never stayed at the Poly before. Doing MVMCP on both the 2nd and the 5th.
FYI - NASA has rescheduled the shuttle launch to 2:50 AM on Fri 12/3 - if that schedule holds, you will find us on the Poly beach at 2:30 AM waiting to watch one of the final launches ever - at least that's my 'enthusiastic grandmom' plan right now;)!

You can see the launch from the Poly beach?
COOL!!!
I'm in!

Just 10 days to go, and we'll be back at the Poly! Can't wait to hear my first aloha! :) I am so excited to be returning!!!! :)

I finally found out where you all have been playing :confused:

I thought you all abandoned me on the POLY FAQ because you were so busy getting ready for your trips! ;)

I am going to go to the Community Board and cry now :sad1:

Just kidding.....:goodvibes

I am glad I found our where you guys are celebrating your countdowns! :yay:

I hope everyone has a magical vacation :wizard: and there is lots of Pixie dust spread around pixiedust:

I thought you all abandoned me on the POLY FAQ because you were so busy getting ready for your trips! ;)

I hope everyone has a magical vacation :wizard: and there is lots of Pixie dust spread around pixiedust:

We will miss you!! :sad1:

You can see the launch from the Poly beach?
COOL!!!
I'm in!

Here's some pics posted on another thread - we should have a great view of this, no?:thumbsup2 On our first night we will be on the beach to watch Wishes - I'll be checking out where I think the best place to get this view will be.
East/Northeast. Think looking from the carousel in FL towards Tootown, or in Epcot towards Mission Space in Future World. Keep in mind that the launch time or date has not been confirmed, AFAIK. I'll keep checking, tho. Here's an early/nightish launch image from the MK:

Space-Shuttle-over-WDW-2010.jpg

If it's during daylight hours, it'll be a huge smoke contrail.

shuttle-launch-over-space-mountain-march-2009.jpg

Gotcha!! That would be really cool to see!! Hope it sticks!

Awww!!! We all promise to post tons of pics!

:scared1: 2:50 AM!!!! Okay...now I think my family is really going to kill me!! Count at least me in for the space shuttle launch on the 3rd...I am reseting my alarm for then and will have a family memeber keeping me up to date to make sure it is still happening.

I keep looking at the weathe forecast for the trip and it seems each day it changes. First it was all sunny and now they predict rain on 2 days and cooler temps. :confused: I think I will be packing a little of everything.

Which weather forecast are you all looking at?

I keep looking at the weathe forecast for the trip and it seems each day it changes. First it was all sunny and now they predict rain on 2 days and cooler temps. :confused: I think I will be packing a little of everything.

Which weather forecast are you all looking at?

A bunch of them! Really I'm giving up - there's not much point. I think it will pretty much be warm enough for shorts most afternoons, but we'll need pants for night activities and a jacket.

Since it's only an hour from midnight ... I'll (slightly) prematurely do a 4-day dance! woo hoo! :cool1:

A bunch of them! Really I'm giving up - there's not much point. I think it will pretty much be warm enough for shorts most afternoons, but we'll need pants for night activities and a jacket.

Since it's only an hour from midnight ... I'll (slightly) prematurely do a 4-day dance! woo hoo! :cool1:
I agree with your weather and wardrobe predictions! I'll also dance with you - we're at single-digits finally!!!

Almost 7 day dancing here!!! I must say, I much prefer the Disney Vacation Connection countdown to my DIS ticker. :laughing:

I am so excited about the trip I can hardly stand it. Can you believe we started counting down together back in May and now we are all just a few short days away from paradise at the Poly.

My packing is going on in earnest now and I have lists for my lists.;)

Finishing up shirts, costumes and mini-projects here. DS is at the grandparents' tonight, so I'm trying to get as much done as possible. Going to finish packing tonight, too!! Packing my niece's stuff in with DS's tomorrow and dropping off our luggage tomorrow night. Then Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping. After that, I'll be trying to relax and not be jealous that my luggage will already be in Florida!!! :laughing:

I'm in the pre-packing stage right now - just making sure clothes are clean. I probably won't pack for a while because DS came home from college last night for Thanksgiving and dinner is at our house. Then on Saturday we'll celebrate both kids birthdays.

Who's the first of this group to leave?

I'm in the pre-packing stage right now - just making sure clothes are clean. I probably won't pack for a while because DS came home from college last night for Thanksgiving and dinner is at our house. Then on Saturday we'll celebrate both kids birthdays.

Who's the first of this group to leave?

Check out the first post!! 1971 leaves tomorrow, and about half of us leave on Sunday. We're out next Wednesday. Can't wait!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Bags are packed, kids showered, downing some nyquil :sick: and hoping that 85 degree weather will kick whatever is in my system out!!!! I will see some of you soon - I will be by the pool a lot!!!!

- Kathy and Family Happy Thanksgiving to All!!!!!

The kids and I are so excited to go... Still have to pack. I wanted to get a closer look at the weather to make sure to pack shorts for daytime. I am sooooo hoping the kids will be able to swim.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter