GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I called the Passholder line to see if anyone can check my email preferences beyond what I've already done online. I've been on hold two hours and 20 minutes as of now. I figure if anyone ever answers, I'll also ask about my pass renewal situation (renewal already purchased, passes switch from Gold - expiring May 1 -- to Sorcerer on May 2).

Last time I called they just looked and said yeah you're signed up for emails, and no clue why you didn't get an email. They opened a ticket with I.T. but said I wouldn't get any updates on the ticket, that they would just fix it. That was over a year ago ... Guess they're still working on fixing it 🤣

As an AP I have not had to be on property. I was commenting on a DVC owner requirements - this post it seems in chat they were discussing eligibility based on their DVC stays/points etc. I was confused and asking if DVC have to be on property to do a preview.
We won't be on property until July, don't even have any offsite park reservations booked as an AP, and I got the email this afternoon. I don't think having a DVC onsite stay had anything to do with getting the announcement, but whether it will have to do with booking a preview, I can't say.

Last time I called they just looked and said yeah you're signed up for emails, and no clue why you didn't get an email. They opened a ticket with I.T. but said I wouldn't get any updates on the ticket, that they would just fix it. That was over a year ago ... Guess they're still working on fixing it 🤣
I would just make sure that you have every form of communication from every Disney company enabled. You can do WDW through the website and maybe app. Maybe even toggle whatever you have it set to now. Maybe it will jog the system's memory or something. You might even modify your email address to the same one and resave it. It can't hurt.

I would just make sure that you have every form of communication from every Disney company enabled. You can do WDW through the website and maybe app. Maybe even toggle whatever you have it set to now. Maybe it will jog the system's memory or something. You might even modify your email address to the same one and resave it. It can't hurt.

I did exactly what you said except change my email address. I unsubscribed from every single email subscription on privacychoices.thewaltdisneycompany.com - then I waited 24 hours, just in case. Then I re-subscribed to everything. That was 3 or 4 weeks ago that I did that. Still no email! Maybe I'll try changing my email address.

Well, after three hours on hold with the Passholder line, I finally spoke to someone in Ticket Services and was told to make sure I'm subscribed to emails in My Disney Experience - which I am. The gentleman I spoke with wasn't even aware an email about GotG had gone out today.

I did ask about my annual pass/renewal issue (current Gold pass expires May 1 and I've already bought Sorcerer Pass renewal). He assures me that won't be any problem when it comes to registering for the preview - as the system recognizes it as an active pass. Fingers crossed he's right.

Well, after three hours on hold with the Passholder line, I finally spoke to someone in Ticket Services and was told to make sure I'm subscribed to emails in My Disney Experience - which I am. The gentleman I spoke with wasn't even aware an email about GotG had gone out today.

I did ask about my annual pass/renewal issue (current Gold pass expires May 1 and I've already bought Sorcerer Pass renewal). He assures me that won't be any problem when it comes to registering for the preview - as the system recognizes it as an active pass. Fingers crossed he's right.
Man I hope he’s right too

Can you typically book ride previews for your family if you're eligible with DVC? For example, if I'm the only one in the family with a DVCmember.com account, but my husband is on the DVC deeds, can I book for a ride preview for both of us? What about children who aren't on the deeds?

Anyone know if I have an AP and accept the invite, can I bring someone with me who doesn't have an AP (but has valid park admission and a reservation)?

I have an AP and so does DH so we both would go, but can I bring my parents who are travelling with us, who do not have APs?

Anyone know if I have an AP and accept the invite, can I bring someone with me who doesn't have an AP (but has valid park admission and a reservation)?

I have an AP and so does DH so we both would go, but can I bring my parents who are travelling with us, who do not have APs?

I don't believe that has ever been allowed. When we did the Pandora one we asked about our friend, they said no, only AP who had reserved. She hung out at Nomad while we did the preview.

I believe everyone has to have an AP

Whoops. So I uh... I may have bisected the registration link too much now my PC won't open any WDW websites. I think I got blocked.

With the Remy preview they automatically added a Epcot park reservation to your MDE. I was at Universal the week that I did Remy. Don’t know about people with an existing park reservation what happened
If I remember correctly, we ended up with 2 park passes in our MDE, the one we had previously reserved and the one they put in a few days before the preview. Our preview was in the late afternoon after park hopping was enabled, so we didn't even have to worry about having a park reservation for EPCOT that day. Hopefully it will follow the same way this time as I don't want to mess up my park reservations in June for this preview.

If I remember correctly, we ended up with 2 park passes in our MDE, the one we had previously reserved and the one they put in a few days before the preview. Our preview was in the late afternoon after park hopping was enabled, so we didn't even have to worry about having a park reservation for EPCOT that day. Hopefully it will follow the same way this time as I don't want to mess up my park reservations in June for this preview.
Yes, same for me. My park for that day was HS, and my preview was before 2:00. I had two park passes in MDE and had no issues hopping over to Epcot before 2:00 even though I had been in HS earlier that morning.

Follow up query....

If I got the AP preview email, can I sign up BOTH myself and DH when the time comes (he also has an AP but didn't get his own email as I control the MDE for our trips).

Follow up query....

If I got the AP preview email, can I sign up BOTH myself and DH when the time comes (he also has an AP but didn't get his own email as I control the MDE for our trips).
Yes! As long as his name and AP is in your 'friends and family', you're good to go. My dh and I never get the emails. We always register for these events through the public link that people post. Both our AP's are listed in our shared MDE.

Should I be concerned if, when clicking the link on the first page, everything is completely off?

It lists my dad (pixie dust pass) as the primary person but with my email address. My brother (gold) is listed as secondary attendee. And myself (renewing into pirate today and actual main account holder) and my mother (pixie dust pass activated same time as my father’s) are not even listed… just checked and everything is in MDE and linked… should I give Disney a call? Or how reliable is the link?

Should I be concerned if, when clicking the link on the first page, everything is completely off?

It lists my dad (pixie dust pass) as the primary person but with my email address. My brother (gold) is listed as secondary attendee. And myself (renewing into pirate today and actual main account holder) and my mother (pixie dust pass activated same time as my father’s) are not even listed… just checked and everything is in MDE and linked… should I give Disney a call? Or how reliable is the link?
To answer my own question… it is not time to panic. Logged out, logged back into MDE, tried the link again, and we now all appear and in the correct account priority/email. So for anyone else if it looks off, give it another try :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter