GRAND OPENING - GRAND CLOSING (Florida)

It’s just exponential math.
But still, back then wouldn’t you have thought something would have happened not to let it get this far? I totally get what your saying though. But I’m glad we are doing better at keeping people alive than when we first started having this problem.

On a different note...statements below are rhetorical. So if you respond make your statement to the world please, and not me.
Why is it we can have a rule about wearing clothes and indecent exposure but can not include a mask?
How is it that a woman must wear a shirt and a man is not required in many places?
Seems like old laws we can keep, but adjustments are not possible?
If anyone gets grumpy about my thoughts I will delete this. That’s not my intention to start an argument. Just have something to think about. Not like I have anything else I can do anyway.

How many hospitized or deaths? Are either increasing? How about retesting positives? So many details in the real numbers but so little information splashed in the headlines.

Across Florida, Arizona, Texas and California positives and hospitalizations are increasing. This is how we know we're not testing enough. If were testing enough, we'd see an increase in testing and a decrease in positives. There is widespread community spread in those states for sure. We're not the "world's best at testing by far". Not even remotely close to that. We're 26th in the world. Just because our number might be high, it's about per capita testing. We need to be testing over 5 million people a day to begin to get our arms around the asymptotic spreaders so we can isolate them. But that's not going to happen.

Last edited:
“So many details in the real numbers but so little information splashed in the headlines.“

I’m not sure how much more we need to know with a record setting and nation leading increase in cases with a relatively stable number of tests being done. Hospitalizations are increasing, deaths are increasing, cases are increasing and the percentage of positives are increasing.

People used to use the excuse they were testing too much, now it’s they’re not testing enough. Bottom line is, there’s no way to twist this into good news and I am shocked that WDW is plodding on to open, that others aren’t closing and that people are still willing to travel to FL considering there is little of anything being done to curb the spike.

But still, back then wouldn’t you have thought something would have happened not to let it get this far? I totally get what your saying though. But I’m glad we are doing better at keeping people alive than when we first started having this problem.

On a different note...statements below are rhetorical. So if you respond make your statement to the world please, and not me.
Why is it we can have a rule about wearing clothes and indecent exposure but can not include a mask?
How is it that a woman must wear a shirt and a man is not required in many places?
Seems like old laws we can keep, but adjustments are not possible?
If anyone gets grumpy about my thoughts I will delete this. That’s not my intention to start an argument. Just have something to think about. Not like I have anything else I can do anyway.

We shutdown and spread became linear. Now, we’re back open it’s exponential. One person infects more than one. It’s how this virus works.

All that we can do is try to slow its spread and come up with better treatment options. What I’m seeing in the US looks like what Italy looked like months ago. No surprises.

The federal guidelines for phased re-opening are almost impossible to meet. States may enter Phase I , but never get to Phase II. So how long do we keep everything closed ? Until we have a vaccine?

Here in MA we're moving on to Phase 3. Our numbers have been going down quite nicely (knock on wood)

The federal guidelines for phased re-opening are almost impossible to meet. States may enter Phase I , but never get to Phase II. So how long do we keep everything closed ? Until we have a vaccine?
They aren’t at all impossible. Other states have done it. Florida could have, they just chose not to. How long do you do you wait? However long it takes, but it will happen.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/corona...0200703-c7sxl2abtna4fmb2cjyuneykwq-story.html
Interesting discussion about the possibilities of how Florida may trend and that they seem to be at a crossroads.

Article goes into likelihood that although it's currently increasingly common to see the younger dx in Florida, that it will likely go back into the more vulnerable populations if masks, etc. don't become mandatory and enforced.

Also, how one model shows the possible doubling of deaths in FL by Oct 1 without masks being required.

The University of Washington’s model predicts a range of possibilities, depending on whether Florida imposes a mask requirement or continues easing restrictions. With a mask requirement, the model forecasts the death toll rising to 5,280 by the end of the month and 7,046 by Oct. 1. Without one, the model predicts the toll rising to 5,569 by the end of the month and 13,349 by Oct. 1.

Over 11k cases today. At this point, details don’t matter. My only question is, is there any number that would get them to close? This is insanity.

Seems like it's "full steam ahead" for Florida. And...schools open in 2 weeks there.

Over 11k cases today. At this point, details don’t matter. My only question is, is there any number that would get them to close? This is insanity.

If they close without a stimulus plan in place for August, then they're in big trouble. They took their time mitigating the virus, and this is the result.

If they close without a stimulus plan in place for August, then they're in big trouble. They took their time mitigating the virus, and this is the result.
Florida most definitely did not take their time migtigating- they waited too late to start, didn't do enough, didn't keep what they had long enough and opened too quickly, and this is the result.

Seems like it's "full steam ahead" for Florida. And...schools open in 2 weeks there.
I thank God every day my daughter chose to home school my grandson. Our numbers are rising, nothing like Florida, but I don't want him anywhere near a public school. Unfortunately my other daughter and her husband are teachers and have no choice if they want to keep their jobs. Our schools are doing virtually nothing to mitigate, it's on each teacher to try and keep them,selves safe.

The thing that floors me is we hear about the number of new cases in people who live in Florida. Just imagine how many tourists are carrying it around the country. Right now the people visiting Florida knowing what is happening there angers me.
Agreed. I don’t think tourists are responsible for what’s going on right now, but they know it’s happening.To travel to Florida and expose yourself, then go back home to infect places where it isn’t crazy is beyond selfish. I wish my state would impose mandatory quarantines too. But, they justify it to themselves that it’s not dangerous. I’ve even read comments today claiming that the numbers are steady now and will be coming down soon.

With testing closed for the holiday they’ll probably celebrate the low positives reported on Monday. Boggles the mind, but fully explains why the U.S. is in the shape it’s in.

You can blame tourists however you like, but the bottom line is that Disney and UO and all of these indoor dining venues are all responsible for the spread of the virus.

You can blame tourists however you like, but the bottom line is that Disney and UO and all of these indoor dining venues are all responsible for the spread of the virus.
I don’t think anyone is blaming tourist for the current spike. But when they choose to enter a hot spot, then come home and infect others, it’s absolutely their fault. Jus because something is open doesn’t mean you have to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter