GRAND OPENING - GRAND CLOSING (Florida)

DH picked up our Walmart Grocery pickup order today. 9 items were out of stock & 4 were substituted. It had gotten to where most things were in stock. I hope people aren't panicking & overbuying again.

And yet the governor says no need for concern. Our cases tripled today and our governor says the same. Red states...ugh!

"Stupid IS as Stupid DOES" ----

--- IS PREVALENT in individuals with directive authority

And yet the governor says no need for concern. Our cases tripled today and our governor says the same. Red states...ugh!

It is ridiculous. But it is NOT red states only. Massachusetts, Nebraska and Arkansas all have Red Governors and cases are declining. California has a blue Governor and cases are rising.

It is ridiculous. But it is NOT red states only. Massachusetts, Nebraska and Arkansas all have Red Governors and cases are declining. California has a blue Governor and cases are rising.
The biggest difference though is Newsom realizes there is a problem and is doing something about it. He mandated masks statewide and is putting counties on watch lists (mine got added this morning). The Governors of FL, TX and AZ overwhelming want to pretend there isn’t a problem and are doing nothing to help the situation.

CA is in a bad place right now, but with the size and population of our state, it could look a whole lot worse. I don’t agree with all of Newsom’s decisions, but he has taken this seriously from day 1.

Another sad day for Florida:

9898 new cases
14.15% poitive from 75,865 tests
48 deaths
343 hospitalizations
The 14.15 is just the average. The pop from yesterday was almost 20%. I'm not sure how bad it has to get before something is done and people quit pretending everything is ok and Disney is safe just because they want to go. Unbelievable. It can't even be mentioned on the rumors thread without getting shredded.

By far and away, a vast majority of those who are ignoring the problem are from red states. California has a problem, Newsom tried his best not to bow to demands, gave up and did anyway and now they're paying the price. He has however stepped in to do something about it.

In my state, teachers go back to school next month. My daughters and my son-in-law are teachers. There are no mask requirements and it is business as usual. No special sanitation procedures, no social distancing, nothing. Teachers are on their own. They did tell my daughter that they would "allow" her to wear a mask. Great.

The 14.15 is just the average. The pop from yesterday was almost 20%. I'm not sure how bad it has to get before something is done and people quit pretending everything is ok and Disney is safe just because they want to go. Unbelievable. It can't even be mentioned on the rumors thread without getting shredded.
It concerns me so much to see so many more concerned about visiting the Mouse over the fact how bad it really is getting there

The biggest difference though is Newsom realizes there is a problem and is doing something about it. He mandated masks statewide and is putting counties on watch lists (mine got added this morning). The Governors of FL, TX and AZ overwhelming want to pretend there isn’t a problem and are doing nothing to help the situation.

CA is in a bad place right now, but with the size and population of our state, it could look a whole lot worse. I don’t agree with all of Newsom’s decisions, but he has taken this seriously from day 1.
I agree...my point was that it is NOT just Red Governors who are seeing rising cases.

It concerns me so much to see so many more concerned about visiting the Mouse over the fact how bad it really is getting there
I gave up discussing it on the rumors board. They don't like their parade being rained on. While my state isn't good, I don't feel like it's on the verge of disaster...yet. Florida is and I feel for those who can see it coming and can't do anything about it.

I gave up discussing it on the rumors board. They don't like their parade being rained on. While my state isn't good, I don't feel like it's on the verge of disaster...yet. Florida is and I feel for those who can see it coming and can't do anything about it.
What concerns me is people traveling to Disney and catching it. Then bringing it back home and it starts all over again. There is a reason some states are asking people to quarantine upon return from Florida. Its pretty much saying to vacation in your own state for now.

The end game is Disney is re-opening this weekend regardless of the facts or trends. And if they open, people will come.

If people come, some of them will get infected and take their WDW souvenir virus back home with them and infect others. CMs will also get sick. Some people will die because WDW reopened, but there will be no accurate way to identify who or how many.

All parties involved will try to blame their mistakes on everybody but themselves. Some will play "Orange Man Bad," some will blame selfish tourists -- anybody but the people really responsible...US.

For us, here in Miami, we had just short of 3,000 new cases yesterday. We received 20 more KN95 masks this morning and we are not leaving the house unless absolutely necessary.

But for others, the mouse is calling and they must go.

The end game is Disney is re-opening this weekend regardless of the facts or trends. And if they open, people will come.

If people come, some of them will get infected and take their WDW souvenir virus back home with them and infect others. CMs will also get sick. Some people will die because WDW reopened, but there will be no accurate way to identify who or how many.

All parties involved will try to blame their mistakes on everybody but themselves. Some will play "Orange Man Bad," some will blame selfish tourists -- anybody but the people really responsible...US.

For us, here in Miami, we had just short of 3,000 new cases yesterday. We received 20 more KN95 masks this morning and we are not leaving the house unless absolutely necessary.

Sorry you are in the thick of it. Stay safe and healthy!

It’s a COVID paradise. Waiting for Weird Al to cover COVID.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter