Harry and Meghan Netflix documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they have another show coming out on Netflix.

Let's hope this is the inspiring content they promised. It is about leaders and their legacies. Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Greta Thunberg, Gloria Steinem, Nelson Mandela, Jacintha Ardern.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royals/breaking-harry-meghan-tease-brand-28771321

some fascinating people listed but i would not be interested in h&m's spin on them or their likely drawing of comparisons between themselves and whomever is being featured. seeing as at least 2 of the participants are deceased (though they seemed not to know that in the press release above, only referring to nelson mandela as 'late') i suspect old interviews/footage tossed together and edited to push whatever h&m agenda they are pursuing at the time.

i don't know how it works with old interviews/footage of deceased individuals but if i were a family member with any kind of control i would have serious reservations involving my family member's legacy in this circus.

some fascinating people listed but i would not be interested in h&m's spin on them or their likely drawing of comparisons between themselves and whomever is being featured. seeing as at least 2 of the participants are deceased (though they seemed not to know that in the press release above, only referring to nelson mandela as 'late') i suspect old interviews/footage tossed together and edited to push whatever h&m agenda they are pursuing at the time.

i don't know how it works with old interviews/footage of deceased individuals but if i were a family member with any kind of control i would have serious reservations involving my family member's legacy in this circus.
They are working together with the Nelson Mandela foundation. And it is not that hard there are still documentaries made about the Ancient Egyptians.

You reuse the material you have and let experts talk about it.

They have some good names, but it is too early to talk about Greta Turnberg's legacy, and Jacintha Ardern is a bit of risk as she is not very popular in her own country (@Any nz'ers in this thread?), if I am not mistaken. Also here... a bit too early for a legacy.

But maybe that doesnt matter, as it is probably also aimed at the US audience.

I hope H&M only narrate and introduce and don't do the interviewing.

I just don't believe the drama. I believe much of the situation was enhanced and Harry has been manipulated. I believe Megan went in with a mission to further herself and then to make THEM stand out. She complains about having to blend in. Yes that is what you do at events of various kinds when you are not the focal point at all. Just like Hollywood or a wedding where you are not the star of the show so please make sure to not show up dressed like the bride, groom or the wedding party. DRESS FOR YOUR ROLE :rotfl2: Why she even talks about that is beyond me. Get over it.

My opinion, which was for a long time neutral, about Harry with all of this documentary and news stuff has made me think both sad and tsk-ing him at the same time.

However, I think we have to take his thoughts and opinions about his own brother as how he truly feels without jabbing him for it. Just because Harry to us seems immature or impetuous doesn't mean he doesn't feel the way he does.
If he was terrified, he was terrified. It is what it is.

But it does not stop me from being shocked.

Or being a little **** in jest. I think in that moment I replayed all my moments of my own raised voice and of my family members over a few moments - over the years, like a montage!

Or being a little **** in jest. I think in that moment I replayed all my moments of my own raised voice and of my family members over a few moments - over the years, like a montage!
I can understand being surprised or incredibility, it was more the derision I was responding to. Ironically I think I probably did the same as you doing a montage in my mind lol

The grossest part of all this is the throwing William under the bus, simply because that is their thoughts on what really happened with the publicist.

How many times in our own lives have we thought we 100% knew the full story or intent of a situation and were wrong?

So gross to me to put that out there. It now, whatever the full & complete story actually is, has a life of its own that can not be stopped, despite the statements.made.at the end of the documentary by William's staff.

I watched some Canadian content on that part where commentators used adjectives.for William that are certainly not proper if it did not play out the way Harry & Meghan *think* it did. And then on goes the disinformation to those listening that are merely listening to the overview.

It is just one sad situation.

Last edited:

He went to boarding school and as an adult he served a stint in the Army.
I think he's probably heard annoyed or angry voices before. As he nears 40 I would hope he could tolerate an adult expressing their feelings, much like he and his wife regularly do.

Maybe he ought to spend more time following the polo circuit in 2023. He never looks happier than when he's off with his friends enjoying a sport he loves.

He went to boarding school and as an adult he served a stint in the Army.
I think he's probably heard annoyed or angry voices before. As he nears 40 I would hope he could tolerate an adult expressing their feelings, much like he and his wife regularly do.

Maybe he ought to spend more time following the polo circuit in 2023. He never looks happier than when he's off with his friends enjoying a sport he loves.
It's often not what but who.

Just this past weekend when we were over at my father-in-law's his wife was yelling (annoyingly) at the 20+ people in the house trying to get them to play the 4th game of the night (annoyingly). Her yelling was annoying not terrifying. But when I was younger and still had contact with my dad him yelling at me carried an edge.

I think most of us can imagine (even if we don't agree) a difference or a scenario.

ETA: I do agree with you it could be really refreshing and like a reset for him if he finds different hobbies or goes back to hobbies he enjoyed in the past. He might find that puts a lot of weight off his shoulders.

MM's numerous conflicts with others plus lack of long term relationships ...speaks volumes. It really can't be EVERYONE else

Reminds me of a quote I saw, basically, if you ran into a jerk one day, well, you ran into a jerk. If you run into jerks all day, everyday, well then, maybe YOU are the jerk lol
Anderson Cooper from CNN will do the sit-down interview with Harry about Spare on January 8th.

I do not watch a lot of CNN, is Anderson Cooper a journalist to ask further and ask the hard questions, or should we see it as another opportunity to tell his story.

Harry by himself? Is that allowed? Maybe she will be seated just off-camera, giving him signs of what to say like a back-catcher instructing a pitcher

Last edited:
Harry by himself? Is that allowed? Maybe she will be seated just off-camera, giving him signs of what to say like a back-catcher instructing a pitcher
He is also allowed to do an interview for the UK with their friend Tom Brady. You know the man to who Meghan said 'Not many people ask me if I'm OK'.

Last edited:
Oh nice... Jacintha Ardern has published a statement that her involvement in the new documentary has nothing to do with H&M. She was already approached in 2019. Before Archewell joined the existing projecting initiated by the Nelson Mandela foundation.
From The Times:

Jacinda Ardern distances herself from Harry and Meghan over Netflix film​

It was not so much a snub, more of a diplomatic put-down.

But there was no mistaking the meaning from Jacinda Ardern, the New Zealand prime minister, when her office issued a statement saying her involvement in a new Netflix series on “effective leadership” was nothing to do with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
The streaming service issued a trailer on Monday for a documentary series called Live to Lead presented by the duke and duchess.

The documentary, made in collaboration with the Nelson Mandela Foundation and inspired by the late South African leader, will be released by the streaming service on December 31.
It was made by the New Zealand-based production company Blackwell & Ruth and produced in association with the Sussexes’ production company, Archewell.

The couple are listed as executive producers.
However, Ardern’s office has issued a statement in response to media questions saying that her involvement had nothing to do with Harry and Meghan, who only joined the production at a later stage.
The statement said: “In early March 2019 the prime minister was approached by the Mandela Foundation to participate in a project to develop accessible resources on key attributes of leadership targeted at aspiring young leaders around the world, based off a one-hour interview.
“Originally we were advised the outputs would be printed and digital books, short films and audiobooks.

“The interview was conducted on November 8, 2019. In March 2020 a short book entitled Jacinda Ardern (I Know This to be True) was published based on the interview. Other participants who also had their contributions published based on their interviews included the late US Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the feminist activist Gloria Steinem, the climate campaigner Greta Thunberg and the American basketball player Stephen Curry.

“In March 2021 the Nelson Mandela Foundation advised the prime minister’s office they had secured an agreement with Netflix to broadcast the series of interviews, including the 2019 interview with the prime minister. “In May this year the prime minister’s office was notified that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex would introduce the series; noting this was nearly two and a half years after the interview had been recorded and permission for its use by the Mandela Foundation had already been provided.

“All communication throughout has been with the foundation (there has been no communications with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex regarding the project).”

Harry and Meghan appear in the trailer for the series, with Harry saying: “This was inspired by Nelson Mandela, who once said, ‘What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived’.” Meghan continues: “It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.”

“In early March 2019 the prime minister was approached by the Mandela Foundation to participate in a project to develop accessible resources on key attributes of leadership targeted at aspiring young leaders around the world, based off a one-hour interview.
“Originally we were advised the outputs would be printed and digital books, short films and audiobooks.

but now you learn that it's been sold to the highest bidder to be inaccessible except to those who can pay for the streaming service.

it would be interesting to know why the executive producers (or whomever is really calling the shots) chose to exclude some of the participants who were (still are) featured on the website/were among the subjects of the books published by the ORIGINAL projec- like simone biles and stephen curry

What? No comments on Clarkson’s column in the Sun? Thought the anti-Meghan crowd would be all over that.

(The British TV personality Jeremy Clarkson published his Sunday column in the Sun tabloid, imagining Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, stripped naked and publicly humiliated before jeering crowds of Britons.)

What? No comments on Clarkson’s column in the Sun? Thought the anti-Meghan crowd would be all over that.

(The British TV personality Jeremy Clarkson published his Sunday column in the Sun tabloid, imagining Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, stripped naked and publicly humiliated before jeering crowds of Britons.)
British papers said the comments were a take off from a Game of Thrones episode.
Some readers didn't get the sarcastic connection.

What he said was disgusting and not okay. You can bet people will think it was fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter