Have you ever been photobombed at Disney?

waughzee

Dreaming of Disney!
You know, where a complete stranger pops into your photo? I have to admit, I have done this to many families. Sometimes I just non-chalantly enter the photo, and sometimes I'll throw my arm around a person and join in the fun! :rotfl2: I'd love to see if I made it into any Dis'ers photos! Please post any photobombed photos you have!

One time, back before digital cameras, we were "sharing" a car with strangers at the Sci Fi Drive in restaurant. We were in the back seat and they were in the front. They asked the waitress to take their picture and DH and I did some "posing" in the background! The server was laughing and took another photo without us being goofy...but I always wondered what that poor couple thought once they developed their film.

This sounds really funny to me and I'd laugh if I came across it in my own pictures, but I suspect someone will come along to inform you that you're an awful person for even considering such a prank. ;)

Too funny. My nephew (8.5) is a champion photobomber. We have to keep a close eye on him when other families are posing for pics no matter where we are. Glad to finally have a name for it, lol.

I have never heard of this before, but think it is pretty funny! We always try to come up with a theme to keep the teenagers interested in doing pictures - like on our last trip it was hats. We took their pics with every different Disney hat we came upon. I see a new theme brewing for our next trip! :thumbsup2

I wouldnt be mad if it happened to me. If there's a photo that I wanted to use as a gift,or to do something creative with, there's always things like Photoshop.

Plus, I'd crack up when I noticed it.

we've had a few pics like this. I think they are hilarious. We have one of them as part of a picture collage from our 07 trip. Let me see if I can find it...

Found it:

IMG_9670-1.jpg

I'm not one to get bothered by it, but my hubby would not think it was funny, especially if it was one of the photos he was planning on blowing up and framing. He tries to get photos with as little strangers as possible in it - he will scope out areas for hours to find the perfect spot....his logic...why does he want photos of people he doesn't know. However, understandably, we are at WDW and are expected to get other people in it, but if we waited for the PERFECT opportunity to take a photo with hardly any others in it and the castle in the background and someone came and photobombed our photos, I think my husband would be really mad.

However, I am all for silliness too. If I found a couple of photos that had a person in the background (see post above) that made me laugh, I wouldn't mind either.

There's a thread on this in the Theme Park Community section. I don't know how to post the link to it, but the title is The Disney Photo Bomb thread. It's pretty funny...you should check it out.

I wouldn't have a problem with someone popping into the photo. I might have a problem with a complete stranger coming up and throwing their arm around me.

LOL.... I have a photo bomb experience that was not at Disney. A few years ago my hubby & I were visiting some extended family in Alabama for a family reunion. Several of his uncles are horribly racist. we had several heated debates where it seemed it was much of the family spewing racist remarks while DH & I openly spoke out against their rants. It was just awful & we couldn't wait to get out of there. However before we left, it was time for the obligatory group picture. As they were gathering the hundred or so people together, DH snuck over to the basketball courts (the reunion was at a public park) and chatted with a couple 20-something Africian-American guys. He told them how awful the family was being.....anyway, they quickly cooked up a plan where these guys would jump in the photo between DH & I in the back row at the last minute, arms around us and all! These young men were all too happy to join in our plan.

Unfortunately we never got to see the infamous photo....according to a few of the family members the photo didn't "come out!" :rotfl2:

Similar, but different. When we got back from our last trip, as I was editing our pictures to be printed, I saw something familiar.

I had cropped a picture of my kids playing in the splashpad at Epcot, and saw a friend's ankle tattoo in the background. I had to go back & look at the original picture - my friend and her DS had been walking by. I thought it was pretty funny - didn't know we were that close in the park!!

I... did not know there was even a word for "see that you are in the line of sight of someone's camera, do something hilarious". :confused3

Doing things in the background of people's pictures seems perfectly fine to me, but jumping in front of or into someone's picture is a real D--- move. Period.

I wouldn't do it, i don't know if it would bother me or not , I guess it depends on the shot. I am very aware at Wdw and other places about ppl trying to get a photo. I hang back and don't purposefully ruin a family or even an individual shot. I would feel bad to ruin their moment.

I wouldn't do it, i don't know if it would bother me or not , I guess it depends on the shot. I am very aware at Wdw and other places about ppl trying to get a photo. I hang back and don't purposefully ruin a family or even an individual shot. I would feel bad to ruin their moment.

:worship:

Why would anyone want to ruin someone else's special picture? That's just selfish.

:worship:

Why would anyone want to ruin someone else's special picture? That's just selfish.

I wondered the same thing. Being in the background of someone's picture is bound to happen. But I don't think that is anything like someone jumping into a strangers picture on purpose. Why would anyone think wrecking a strangers picture is funny?

We had a photo pass photographer bomb a photo pass shot at Epcot. We didn't realize it until we logged into our account. We were pretty shocked - but found it funny in the end because the guy looked just like Newman from Seinfeld. So much so that it could have been the actor! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter