Have you ever been photobombed at Disney?

One time at the MK I saw a family preparing to take a photo. I asked if they wanted me to take it and they said "that would be wonderful", so I snapped a few picture and then someone else came by and asked if we wanted them to take a photo for us. Before i could explain I didn't know these people the group was welcoming me iunto their shot..LOL. I kid you not the same thing happened again with the other person taking the photo. someone offered to take his picture with us. So by the end this family had 2 strangers in their photos (posed), LOL it was funny. BUT the family actually had gotten their shot from when I took it.

That's hilarious! The other family not only had a few pics, but you all also have a great story. :lmao: Thanks for sharing.

The thing I keep noticing in these pictures is the person sticking up their middle finger. LOL
LOL, I didn't noticed that!

The person is just stabilizing the camera. I would assume that the couple is from somewhere outside of America, and the middle finger doesn't mean the same thing all around the world. Rather, it's just a solid, firm finger, as well as the longest (on most people), and it makes for a good finger to stabilize that camera.

If you look at the second picture where he is videoing my nephew you can see he is holding a toothpick with the his thumb and finger.

I don't photobomb people, but here's what I do. If someone is taking a picture or other people (especially their kids), I'll walk up behind them and put "bunny ears" on their head and maybe make faces behind them. The kids always cracked the biggest smiles at seeing their mom or dad getting the "bunny ears". So I'm thinking I'm making their photo "the bomb".

Okay, your at Disney where everyone should be having fun. So I don't understand why people are so upset about the photo bomb :) It is part of the fun when people do it as a nice joke and try not to be lewd or obscene.

Now, back when everyone had film that was a little different. You only had 24 pictures to take on a roll, and you could never check to make sure the one you took was good or had some silly person doing faces in the background until you printed it off. Today most people (not everyone) has digital cameras and it is usually just a couple clicks to delete those crazy people from your camera, hence not taking up space on that 4GB card you got in there.

Heck many times you can set your camera to take more than one shot at a time so you can usually get the shot you want and the shot where the crazy person stood making bunny ears over your kid.

Okay, your at Disney where everyone should be having fun. So I don't understand why people are so upset about the photo bomb :) It is part of the fun when people do it as a nice joke and try not to be lewd or obscene.

It doesn't really matter if YOU don't understand it. Just accept it and leave people alone. It's really incredibly arrogant to assume that your wishes and likes trump those of others.

It doesn't really matter if YOU don't understand it. Just accept it and leave people alone. It's really incredibly arrogant to assume that your wishes and likes trump those of others.
Please remember I said I don't understand, not that I would do it or that I have done it. I have never done it but if someone did it to me I would just laugh and if I didn't like it I would delete the picture. I don't let something as silly and stupid as that ruin my vacation or day :)

I never assume anything, remember if you do then you are just letting yourself be one. I guess you assumed I have done it, would like to do it, or have ruined other's pictures.

I personally will stand back when people are taking pictures, get onto my kids when they walk by someone who was taking a picture and interrupted them. I have also been the person to stop and ask if they would like me to use their camera to take a picture of them together or have been asked if I would do that for others.

Now, back when everyone had film that was a little different. You only had 24 pictures to take on a roll, and you could never check to make sure the one you took was good or had some silly person doing faces in the background until you printed it off. Today most people (not everyone) has digital cameras and it is usually just a couple clicks to delete those crazy people from your camera, hence not taking up space on that 4GB card you got in there.

Heck many times you can set your camera to take more than one shot at a time so you can usually get the shot you want and the shot where the crazy person stood making bunny ears over your kid.
Because many people are overly sensitive, paranoid and uptight.

I don't photobomb as a rule, but I do make faces and gestures( non lewd ones) on ride photos. And I really don't care if someone has a problem with that.

I think it has to do with being able to read people. I think photobombing is funny in SOME respects, but completely rude in most. If I am having a picture taken of my hubby or vice versa, and it's clearly a shot that can be retaken immediately, and you happen to be in the shot anyway, smile, lean in, whatever. As long as you offer to take a picture of DH and I together afterwards. If you are obnoxious about it, you might eat elbow. If I had a child and you did it, you might eat elbow. Children have a hard time staying still/smiling/looking at the camera. So if the one shot I have is of my darling future child with your funky mug in it-I would be livid. Not to mention you have no clue how that child might react; to someone with social skill challenges (like Autism) it could be absolutely devastating. I always thought photobombing was when someone accidentally ends up doing something really crazy/weird/embarassing in your picture's background. I have one from my honeymoon of me under the fireworks in front of the castle...and the lady in the red shorts in the background is going to town digging a wedgie out. :rotfl: If you feel the need to photobomb, think to yourself first: what is the worst possible outcome from this action, and if you still want to do it, ask yourself: do I really like my two front teeth, and will someone get me some more for Christmas? :rolleyes1

What's not to understand? It's not cool to run up to complete strangers who are trying to take a picture and invade their personal space. It's not cool to put your arm around people who you don't know. Please stop doing it. Is that less confusing for you?

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

I don't do it, and I don't know if it would bug me or not. Probably. But in terms of people in the background, who cares???

If someone is going to be in the background of my shot anyway, why would I care if they were looking at their shoe or smiling a cheesy grin into my camera?? They're there anyway. At least if they had a cheesy smile, the photo would be a tad more humorous. Don't see that one ruins a photo more than another.

But don't touch me or get into the foreground of my photo.

Deb

thats my opinion. having been to disney many times, something amusing in the background might actually make the pic more memorable than the standard pic we get every year in front of the same sign or building. just so long as you arent running into the shot to do something, touching someone, or making a rude or obscene gesture, the worst thing that'll happen is i delete it. just my opinion of course.

I have to say, I think it is very funny when you see something happening in the background of one of your pics or you see a lurker. It has to be natural or unexpected, nothing forced or staged. Just my two cents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter