Have you ever been photobombed at Disney?

Let's just say: I hope you are not going to be there in June during our vacation. Sorry, but I don't think it's fun, funny, or cool....just rude. And, it would be a REAL problem if you put your arm around me, my DH or our little girls.....:scared1:

Let's just say: I hope you are not going to be there in June during our vacation. Sorry, but I don't think it's fun, funny, or cool....just rude. And, it would be a REAL problem if you put your arm around me, my DH or our little girls.....:scared1:

:thumbsup2 agreed. We don't go to WDW that much and I would be upset if someone ruined my photos.

this is hilarious!! i think back in the time of film cameras it would have been annoying, but with digital cameras who cares! you see the picture right away, and you aren't limited on how many photos you can take so you can always retake it if someone photo bombed you and you weren't okay with it.

in one of our photopass photos, there isn't a photo bomb, so much as some dude is mid-sneeze over my shoulder. it makes me giggle every time i see it ;)

on my way to check out the other thread someone posted - already smiling in anticipation !!

My friends husband does this all the time, He has ruined some nice photos of ours as well as strangers. I would prefer someone not do it to me. I have a sense of humor but I dont see what is funny about it

I had it happen to me on out last trip, and I was really unhappy about it.

We were in the butterfly garden in EPCOT, and at the end of it was a really adorable group of topiaries of Bambi, Thumper and Flower. My younger son really liked the topiaries and asked me to take his picture in front of them.

This was huge, because my younger son is extremely hard to photograph. He is not a fan of having his picture taken, is a combination of self-conscious and impatient, and even when he is posing is very hard to get to actually look at the camera. I was so happy that he had asked for this shot, because it meant I would have one picture of him that day actually looking at the camera and smiling.

There were quite a few people waiting to take pics, so we waited a while, and finally it was our turn. Both my boys got into position, I raised my camera, they both looked straight at me and smiled, but before I could click the shutter some obnoxious woman flung herself into the picture, throwing her arm around my younger son and saying "cheese!"

Apparently she was wearing the same shirt as them, and decided that the most HYSTERICAL way to point it out (to her, anyway) was to freak out my kids and ruin my shot.

She hung around for a few long seconds, and then finally left without apologizing. I tried to get the boys to focus again but of course the moment was gone. The picture my little one had been so proud and eager to take was now spoiled for him, and for me. He didn't ask me to take a single other picture of him again for the rest of the trip.

I know it wasn't the end of the world, but it was a selfish, obnoxious act, and it totally took from me something I had been thrilled about moments earlier.

I never did get a good shot of him that day, and every time I look at the confused & distracted shots I did get of the boys after her obnoxious stunt, I get annoyed all over again.

this is hilarious!! i think back in the time of film cameras it would have been annoying, but with digital cameras who cares! you see the picture right away, and you aren't limited on how many photos you can take so you can always retake it if someone photo bombed you and you weren't okay with it.!!

In a place where people are on schedules, once in a lifetime moments happen,or Someone didn't notice the rude before of the photobomber, it Could very well ruin a great photo op for someone just as described above.

This, so much! Walking by in the background? Eh, it happens. Acting like an idiot in the background on purpose? Spare me the "cleverness." But jumping in the shot and touching me is a good way to get a sharp elbow at the very least.

This sounds really funny to me and I'd laugh if I came across it in my own pictures, but I suspect someone will come along to inform you that you're an awful person for even considering such a prank. ;)
And this happened before we were even past page 2!:lmao:

Figured that would happen though..remember the thread about people having other people kids in their photos? :rolleyes:

You know, where a complete stranger pops into your photo? I have to admit, I have done this to many families. Sometimes I just non-chalantly enter the photo, and sometimes I'll throw my arm around a person and join in the fun! :rotfl2: I'd love to see if I made it into any Dis'ers photos! Please post any photobombed photos you have!
Why do you do this?

Especially, why do you go up to strangers and start touching them?

we go to one park a year, and (so far) the only time we've been photo bombed it was by stitch, so we didn't mind
We were posing with Pluto at the Aloha Breakfast at DLR,and after we got our pix, we noticed Stitch (who was also making his rounds) snuck into our picture

I don't recall anything like that but my nephew "adopted" a set of grandparents at Sea World at one of the shows. He sat with them the entire time.

IMG_2287.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

I My younger son really liked the topiaries and asked me to take his picture in front of them.

sition, I raised my camera, they both looked straight at me and smiled, but before I could click the shutter some obnoxious woman flung herself into the picture, throwing her arm around my younger son and saying "cheese!"

Apparently she was wearing the same shirt as them, and decided that the most HYSTERICAL way to point it out (to her, anyway) was to freak out my kids and ruin my shot. .
Did you actually take the shot? What would happen if you used the picture in various ways including publishing it?

Not an intentional photobomb:
http://www.whatsonxiamen.com/news12685.html

I'm mystified that some people posting to this board think it is funny to make other people unhappy by ruining their photos.

Yes, sure, some people won't mind (as is evidenced by some responses to this thread), but some people WILL.

Unless you know in advance that the strangers won't mind your "photobomb" (and how could you know that?), why would even take the chance of spoiling another guest's vacation by doing this?

What goes through your head? "Sure, it might make them angry or sad or upset, but heck, it'll make ME laugh! So why not?"

Photobombing strangers is not funny, it is arrogant, uncaring, and mean-spirited.

Did you actually take the shot? What would happen if you used the picture in various ways including publishing it?

I didn't take the shot. The image would have been of one cackling fool and two frightened children. I was more concerned with getting her away from my 4 year old.

We have a young man just behind us & to our right in one our our Photopass pictures at DHS in front of the hat. He is giving the photographer thumbs up as he walks by in his hat & sunglasses with a silly grin on his face.

Being a native New Yorker, if some stranger came and put their arm around me, they'd be lucky to walk away with just a bruise on their ribs. When someone in public touches me -- especially to "hug" me -- I'm automatically and instinctively assume they're trying to steal from me or hurt me and react accordingly.

Frankly, I am agog that anyone would think that is a good idea. PLENTY of people don't like strangers touching them and have good reason to feel that way. It's incredibly rude and presumptuous to insert yourself bodily onto them.

Both my boys got into position, I raised my camera, they both looked straight at me and smiled, but before I could click the shutter some obnoxious woman flung herself into the picture, throwing her arm around my younger son and saying "cheese!"
I would have had to stop DH from slugging the person who had the stones to touch my kid...

What would happen if you used the picture in various ways including publishing it?
As the sole taker of that photo, she would own the copyright. Unless she was doing MAJOR modifications to the "other" person, she can use that photo, at will, without permission.

You'd mince brass tax over getting paid for the photo (the "bomber" could argue they were "entitled" to a share of the profits) but it would be a hard fight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter