Have you ever been photobombed at Disney?

My daughter and I photobombed (goofy faces) on Pirates.pirate:
To our horror the photographer then reviewed the shot!!! Of course, it was a digital camera and don't we all do that?

They thought it was hilarious. We were like "oh crap" once we saw her turn the camera around but we ended up having a hoot of a ride the rest of the time.

To our horror the photographer then reviewed the shot!!! Of course, it was a digital camera and don't we all do that?

No, sometimes at WDW or a zoo etc..I am off to the next thing and don't review my photos until we are at a meal. I would NEVER ruin someone's picture on purpose. People have different senses of humor which is what makes the world go round. I will share this funny moment.

One time at the MK I saw a family preparing to take a photo. I asked if they wanted me to take it and they said "that would be wonderful", so I snapped a few picture and then someone else came by and asked if we wanted them to take a photo for us. Before i could explain I didn't know these people the group was welcoming me iunto their shot..LOL. I kid you not the same thing happened again with the other person taking the photo. someone offered to take his picture with us. So by the end this family had 2 strangers in their photos (posed), LOL it was funny. BUT the family actually had gotten their shot from when I took it.

You know, where a complete stranger pops into your photo? I have to admit, I have done this to many families. Sometimes I just non-chalantly enter the photo, and sometimes I'll throw my arm around a person and join in the fun! :rotfl2: I'd love to see if I made it into any Dis'ers photos! Please post any photobombed photos you have!

Well other than my brother who photobombs pictures of my kids/wife every chance he gets :), we once had a guy that I can't believe we MISSED because he was SO obvious after the fact with his arms spread out wide with a huge open mouthed smile right behind my family :)

They thought it was hilarious. We were like "oh crap" once we saw her turn the camera around but we ended up having a hoot of a ride the rest of the time.

Get ready for the flash photography police.

Ha! I don't recall a flash going off.
I don't think I've ever gone through that ride without that announcement coming on.

They loved the shot!
I think when you turn around and try to get a picture of people on the ride, it's a pretty casual shot.

We got photobombed by Eeyore at a character breakfast and it's one of our favorites. Mouth full of food, chewing, Eeyore peering over his shoulder!

As the sole taker of that photo, she would own the copyright. Unless she was doing MAJOR modifications to the "other" person, she can use that photo, at will, without permission.

You'd mince brass tacks over getting paid for the photo
(the "bomber" could argue they were "entitled" to a share of the profits) but it would be a hard fight.
Oh, that's when you file the assault charges against the "bomber" for touching your kid.

Ah yes, another of the privileges of the ruling class (politicians). They get to go up to and touch everyone's kids while the rest of us may not.

I don't do it, and I don't know if it would bug me or not. Probably. But in terms of people in the background, who cares???

If someone is going to be in the background of my shot anyway, why would I care if they were looking at their shoe or smiling a cheesy grin into my camera?? They're there anyway. At least if they had a cheesy smile, the photo would be a tad more humorous. Don't see that one ruins a photo more than another.

But don't touch me or get into the foreground of my photo.

Deb

You have to be smart enought to pick and choose. I did it once on a tram. Someone was taking a picture of their family sitting behind them. I was sitting right behind that family. I was going to be in the picture no matter what. So I chose to lean in between two of them. The photographer thought it was hilarious and told everybody. Then they wanted more pictures with me in them. It was good spirited fun.

You have to be smart enought to pick and choose. I did it once on a tram. Someone was taking a picture of their family sitting behind them. I was sitting right behind that family. I was going to be in the picture no matter what. So I chose to lean in between two of them. The photographer thought it was hilarious and told everybody. Then they wanted more pictures with me in them. It was good spirited fun.

I agree, if I know I am going to be on the picture regardless I give a cheesey smile.

Oh, that's when you file the assault charges against the "bomber" for touching your kid.

Ah yes, another of the privileges of the ruling class (politicians). They get to go up to and touch everyone's kids while the rest of us may not.
Why did you have to take the politician route?? :sad2:

Most likely, the kids in those pictures are there because their adult wants them there.

I was speaking 100% from a photographer's copyright rights...

The thing I keep noticing in these pictures is the person sticking up their middle finger. LOL

I don't recall anything like that but my nephew "adopted" a set of grandparents at Sea World at one of the shows. He sat with them the entire time.

IMG_2287.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

You know, where a complete stranger pops into your photo? I have to admit, I have done this to many families. Sometimes I just non-chalantly enter the photo, and sometimes I'll throw my arm around a person and join in the fun! :rotfl2: I'd love to see if I made it into any Dis'ers photos! Please post any photobombed photos you have!

I have one at home.... so then I took a picture OF her. Haha if I can I'll post THAT one :rotfl2:

My friends & I have done it to each other, but only when we know it isn't a particularly special photo, or there's an immediate opportunity to retake it. I would never, ever do it to a stranger, much less touch anyone! I think they can be funny, some of the photos, but I would feel horrible if mine or someone else's special moment was ruined because of a prankster. I wouldn't do it anywhere, not just at WDW. I wouldn't want to see anything happen such as the PP mentioned about her younger son and the lady who ruined his photo. You never know what moments are especially special to people!

The thing I keep noticing in these pictures is the person sticking up their middle finger. LOL

The person is just stabilizing the camera. I would assume that the couple is from somewhere outside of America, and the middle finger doesn't mean the same thing all around the world. Rather, it's just a solid, firm finger, as well as the longest (on most people), and it makes for a good finger to stabilize that camera.

And of course many people have said that a couple/few decades ago, there were no true lines for characters, and it was totally OK and very much "done" that more than one family would send their kids up to a character and take pictures all at the same time.

Nope. I actually have my camera set so it doesn't stop and freeze the picture at all, because I read in the manual that it takes more battery power to do that. Since I ran out of battery power two or three times at WDW, I think it's important to conserve where I can.

And, of course, *on a dark ride*, I do not have my LCD screen open, because that is intensely and incredibly rude to others.

So no, I don't preview my pictures. Not everyone does.

One time at the MK I saw a family preparing to take a photo. I asked if they wanted me to take it and they said "that would be wonderful", so I snapped a few picture and then someone else came by and asked if we wanted them to take a photo for us. Before i could explain I didn't know these people the group was welcoming me into their shot..LOL. I kid you not the same thing happened again with the other person taking the photo. someone offered to take his picture with us. So by the end this family had 2 strangers in their photos (posed), LOL it was funny. BUT the family actually had gotten their shot from when I took it.

Well now that's just hilarious! :goodvibes

Reminds me of the "get in the photo!!!" bit from the '05 planning DVD....

there's no need to photobomb people on their vacation. that should be hands off. i've been victim to photobombing at bars but never by someone that has actually jumped in and put their arm around me. i've seen pictures after going out where people jump into the back of a shot. those are actually pretty funny. but if someone were to jump in and put their arm around me or something to that extent... i'd floor them. you dont know me, dont touch me.

you dont mess with someone while they're on vacation. period.

I usually try to step back and away if I see someone taking a photo. I can't imagine trying to step into their picture. However, if I were taking a photo and someone stepped into it on purpose, for fun, I don't think I'd get mad. Most of the photos I take at WDW aren't what I would define as special. Just pictures from Disney World!

FYI - Not that me or my boys have intentionally photobombed someone, but if you're going to be in the pic anyway....

My biggest fear looking through these pics is that me or my family is going to show up as the "creepy kid"!!!

So far, so good. And if I do show up in your pics, please know its in good fun, not because I'm out to ruin your picture!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter