• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Having a GRAND time - The Official GF Chat Thread PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
M&P...:worship: Awesome Pictures!!! I may have to use a few for the scrapbook since I kept forgetting my camera in the room, and your pics look just like my room view. We had the same housekeeper all week as you did...we loved her...too bad she wouldn't fit in a suitcase, she would have been a great souvenier.

Mandy- :rotfl2: I love your dream! That is so funny about the All Star Sports!!! :rotfl:

Kelly- Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Hobbester- 99 days!!! Congrats! It seems like a long time but it flies right by! I remember putting up the countdown chain at 99 days thinking it would be orever, but it really passed so quickly! You will be there before you know it.

And, sick kids? Emi came back from FL with swimmers ear and pneumonia. We just got back from the doctor. UGH!

Hey all!!! :)

KELLY!!!! OMG!!! :headache: YOU SAID YOU"D CALL ME FROM THE GF?!?!?! WTH?? FORGET YOUR FRIENDS WHILE YOU'RE ON VACATION?!?!?!?!?!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: SO....Don't lead us on....HOW WAS YOUR TRIP??? WHAT GF ROOM DID YOU HAVE??? VIEW??? EVERYTHING?!?!?!?! Details!!!!!!!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

Mandy - Your dream cracks me up!!! That's awesome you remembered it!!I love the ending of All Star Sports and how you woke up!:rotfl: :rotfl:

M & P
- Those are some crazy good pics!! I love the painted clouds pic! AND the view from Boca Chica is fabulous too! I have only had that same view as you from the main bulding...looked very familiar but I never get tired of seeing more of it.:goodvibes I love the night shots, too. VERY NICE!!! We had a pretty view from the other side last time and I was disappointed at first but got quickly used to it.....I guess just about any view at the GF is great...with the exception of those "upgrades" a few of our friends here received.:rolleyes: That reminds me of my YC CL upgrade...I would have preferred my Gazebo view. I really should have spoke up but it's hard when it's a comp "upgrade"......Post more pics!!! They're fantastic!

Mickeynut - Bummer you have your DS home still!!! Isn't it a drag....we were healthy all summer!! Half day of school and BOOM....fever.:rotfl: Hope he gets better and can have a fun weekend.

OK...I know I am forgetting to say HI to people!!! But Hi to everybody and HAPPY FRIDAY!!:yay:

Chan

Mandy - I am glad your head is on the mend!!! Its funny what you dream about!!

M&P - I have Cannon too!! I love taking pictures and I am always with a camera in my hand, but I am clueless on the settings and stuff. I play around with them, but thats about it!! Did you ever try B&Ws especially with outdoor pictures? Now its so easy you don't need special film you can just turn them that way on photoshop!! In my bedroom all the photos are B&W of the kids, I love them.

Sheli - I think they have the same coffee machine in Gaspies!! I tried to stay away from it, I was using my calories in Alcholic beverages instead!!

Mandy: This is all I can say :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kelly: Spill the beans - how was it!

Everyone: Good Morning

Good morning!
M&P I have a cannon so I can only hope I get as good of pictures as you did! sorry if you posted this already but where was your room exactly?

Mickeynut...sorry your ds is still home...after I read your post it reminded me to call dh...he just tried zyrtec at my cousins urging (she's a dr) and I had to see if it was working this morning for him...he's got TERRIBLE allergies as well.

Mandy...:rotfl: :rotfl:

Nothing much going here. DS has his first Ice skating lesson (for hockey) tomorrow morning. He's in love with hockey (as is dh) and my dd goes to a sports complex for gymnastics that is also an ice arena so I checked and at 3 he can start. Should be interesting...I took him to a mommy and me camp this summer and he didn't do so well...only participated when he felt like it so hopefully without me he'll do better. He's a handful for sure so I'm concerned about his behavior...here's hoping for once I'm surprised :laughing:

SKjj2009 We were on the 3rd floor over Gaspies. Those rooms have such a nice view.

Good Morning~ :surfweb:

!

OK I have to tell you all I saw the pictures M&P posted right before I went to bed and it made me have the funniest dream about the GF!

That really is too funny!!

M&P...:worship: Awesome Pictures!!! I may have to use a few for the scrapbook since I kept forgetting my camera in the room, and your pics look just like my room view. We had the same housekeeper all week as you did...we loved her...too bad she wouldn't fit in a suitcase, she would have been a great souvenier.
Sheli I hate dragging my camera to the parks because it isn't small but I can't help it.
Turndown was great too. Amazing how many towels we can go through so quickly.

M&P - I have Cannon too!! I love taking pictures and I am always with a camera in my hand, but I am clueless on the settings and stuff. I play around with them, but thats about it!! Did you ever try B&Ws especially with outdoor pictures? Now its so easy you don't need special film you can just turn them that way on photoshop!! In my bedroom all the photos are B&W of the kids, I love them.

Sheli - I think they have the same coffee machine in Gaspies!! I tried to stay away from it, I was using my calories in Alcholic beverages instead!!

I forgot about black and white. I think the camera has a setting for B&w too.
I loved that coffee machine in lounge. Caffe latte for me..hot milk for the baby. quicker than the microwave too lol

I had a lot of pics to post but i just read the FAQ thread and see Brian posted so many of the shots i had so I'll cut those out.

I had so much to comment on and of course i remember when im not online.

I will say the arrival process is a billion times better at the GF than we experienced at the Poly.
having someone waiting for us as we got off the bus is a nice touch. And it is not like they walked over once a bus pulls up or they see you waiting...this woman was waiting at the bus stop when we pulled into the GF.
She was really great especially with helping us with our friends who weren't staying RPC. ;) ;)

We saw a couple of brides and I felt so bad for them with the weather.
Even saw the coach more than once and it was parked under Francks while the wedding was going on because of the rain.

I walked over to the Poly one afternoon to visit a friend and I forgot how loud that resort seems. I really enjoyed how much more relaxed the GF feels.
The Poly's lobby was so loud and i think part of it that everyone is trying to talk over that loud waterfall in there. :rotfl:
GF seems like a slower pace and that works better for me.

Room service was great. They pulled out the table and set everything up like a place setting at a restaurant. We were usually told 40 minutes but never waited more than 20.

We also made use of the DVD library at the desks. Each night the kids watched movies. We watched Cars 4 times over the week. Its my new favorite movie.

We got a discount at Basin in downtown Disney with our APs BUT they didn't have all of the same soaps that were at the GF so we bought some there also.

My daughters did the Tea Party with Aurora and loved it. My wife said it was a great time. I'm glad i booked it.
It was raining that day (of course) so the boys and i were supposed to be at the cabana so instead we jumped over to the MK.

Our stroller broke at one of the parks. We bought it at the GF a few months ago.
They happily replaced it and then we left it outiside the ME bus and didn't realize until we got to the airport.

It was great having our friends with us to help with the kids. Many times this trip we all split up and did our own thing. It was great jumping over to the MK with my older son and doing a few rides, eating at Casey's and playing games at the Space mountain arcade. It was nice to see the games that used to be in the (sorely missed) CR food and fun center.

One day at the MK one of those brief but huge rainfalls came. It was usually a light rain and then out of nowhere it was a heavy rain that actually hurt.
My son and I got soaked!! it was fun going on rides and not caring how wet we got. We even stopped on our way to get a photopass pic taken to show how wet we got.
We took the boat back to the GF and got even wetter with the wind blowing the rain on board. We were just laughing so hard and having a great time.
BUT it was freezing so on our way back to our room we stopped at the hotub to warm up. Don't worry we had our suits on and we rinsed off at the shower first lol There were other people in there and it was so funny how everyone sat there with just thier heads sticking out of the water to keep warm.

Hey all!!! :)

M & P[/B] - Those are some crazy good pics!! I love the painted clouds pic! AND the view from Boca Chica is fabulous too! I have only had that same view as you from the main bulding...looked very familiar but I never get tired of seeing more of it.:goodvibes I love the night shots, too. VERY NICE!!! We had a pretty view from the other side last time and I was disappointed at first but got quickly used to it.....I guess just about any view at the GF is great...with the exception of those "upgrades" a few of our friends here received.:rolleyes: That reminds me of my YC CL upgrade...I would have preferred my Gazebo view. I really should have spoke up but it's hard when it's a comp "upgrade"......Post more pics!!! They're fantastic!
a fun weekend.

Chan

I took a few pics of that room you had with the other view. I wouldn't have minded it all either.
I loved sitting out on the BALCONY at night when the kids had fallen asleep. Even during the day sometimes i was in the room with the baby or my wife was and it was so relaxing to sit there, see the castle, the monorial, hear the MK train, and you could even hear the shows that are performed at the castle. I loved it!!

OK, strike watch continues. They are meeting again Wednesday so there will at least be school Tues and Wed of next week.

I wish they would just settle this already!!! :mad:

I want to pick the dates for my *fingers crossed* June trip and I can't until I have a better idea when the real last day of school should be!!! :rotfl:

Thanks for the trip report M&P- sounds like you made the best of the weather!! Hooray for the great service at the GF... I will refrain from any Poly comments now :rolleyes1

I really should go get in the shower. I am getting my hair highlighted in a couple of hours and should probably try to run some errands first.

Have a great day everyone!
Kristin

OMG..I reread the chat and I forgot to say I AM SO SORRY SHEL ABOUT EM!!!! Was she feeling sick during your vacation?!?!?! Poor baby!! I hope she is on the mend now with the meds. :flower3:

M&P - Thanks for more details!! I love your pics. If you have more please post!! They are terrific and it's never too many.:goodvibes My son is totally bummed about what they did to the CR arcade!!! He said they took all the "good" games out.:confused3 He used to spend hours over there in the evenings winning all kinds of goodies for his sisters, too.:goodvibes Back when he was nice.:rotfl2: That is sooo cool how you got some dad/son time just to yourselves. It's great how you had a chance to be so carefree. :thumbsup2 It's that stuff your son will remember, for sure.;)

OK..talk to ya all in a bit...

Channing :)

M&P - loved your pics! Sounds like a great trip! Glad you kept the Perfectly Princess Tea and they had fun- my DD loves it too. Sounds like you and your son had a great time together!

Sheli - Hope your DD feels better soon!

Kelly - Welcome back ! Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

OK I have to tell you all I saw the pictures M&P posted right before I went to bed and it made me have the funniest dream about the GF! First when I got there I had the most amazing view of Cindy's castle! I was so excited that I ran to a board (like in a airport) that was flashing the guest names and room numbers, scary huh. Then I realized I knew Shelli's last name but not Chan's and Dawns so I was yelling c'mon can't you post first names or at least Dis names! :rotfl: While I was watching the board in the lounge they brought out the grey meat and people were lined up to get some. I asked the person what it was and they said spam. :scared: I guess our chat last night stuck with me girls since I was looking for ya at the GF! :laughing: Then there was a poster on the wall asking to vote on the official GF family and Channing family was a choice. There was a dixie cup on the wall for you to stick your vote in! :rotfl: I ran back to my room to get a piece of paper to vote for Chan's family and the bed side table was disgusting, it had old food, someones dirty underwear, like old park maps, room service dishes, just gross! :scared1: I called to ask someone to come clean it up and they said "sorry we only vacuum and changes sheets, keep the drawer shut if you don't like it"! I said "What? Wait, did I call the Poly on accident?" and the lady said "No this is all star sports....." Then I woke up! :rotfl:

Dreams are wild, aren't they??? This is hilarious :rotfl:.

:banana: :banana: I would have been 99 today too, but when I changed my flight until Friday, I am now 98!!!!

YAY for you....how exciting :cool1: :cool1:. I love buying airline tickets the day before we're supposed to go because then we just HAVE TO add another day :lmao:. These next 98 days will go by fast :).

And, sick kids? Emi came back from FL with swimmers ear and pneumonia. We just got back from the doctor. UGH!

Sorry for your dd being sick :sick:. What is going on with all the kids getting sick???? I hate to see what happens once the COLD weather gets here :scared1:.

Mickeynut - Bummer you have your DS home still!!! Isn't it a drag....we were healthy all summer!! Half day of school and BOOM....fever.:rotfl: Hope he gets better and can have a fun weekend.

Healthy all summer here, too. But as he gets older, it seems like when he gets sick, he really gets sick to where it's not just 1 day where he can rest and get back to normal the next day....anymore it hits him for atleast 2-3 days :sad2:. How is Lucy doing.....is she any better today???

Mickeynut...sorry your ds is still home...after I read your post it reminded me to call dh...he just tried zyrtec at my cousins urging (she's a dr) and I had to see if it was working this morning for him...he's got TERRIBLE allergies as well.

How does Zyrtec help your DH? DS has been taking Claritin and it has done NOTHING :sad2:. Are the 2 pretty much the same or do you find one works better than the other??? That's the only bad thing with allergies.....not really much you can do for them :sad1:.

M&P - Thanks for more details!! I love your pics. If you have more please post!! They are terrific and it's never too many.:goodvibes My son is totally bummed about what they did to the CR arcade!!! He said they took all the "good" games out.:confused3 He used to spend hours over there in the evenings winning all kinds of goodies for his sisters, too.:goodvibes Back when he was nice.:rotfl2: That is sooo cool how you got some dad/son time just to yourselves. It's great how you had a chance to be so carefree. :thumbsup2 It's that stuff your son will remember, for sure.;)

OK..talk to ya all in a bit...

He is so right. When we first saw the new arcade at the CR we were so dissappointed. ALL the good games were gone and it was nice to find some in the MK.
Huh?? OK....I was gonna ask why the red highlighting of the ON THE BALCONY....I missed something.....what's the joke?!?:confused3 It's the brunette having the blond moment today.....

CHanning

Remember how trapped we felt in the Poly room with no balcony?

Huh?? OK....I was gonna ask why the red highlighting of the ON THE BALCONY....I missed something.....what's the joke?!?:confused3 It's the brunette having the blond moment today.....

Me too........but I wasn't gonna ask :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:. I just thought something went over my head and I was gonna let it go :laughing:.

OK......probably a silly question, but.......do ALL rooms at the GF have balconies or no?????

He is so right. When we first saw the new arcade at the CR we were so dissappointed. ALL the good games were gone and it was nice to find some in the MK.

Remember how trapped we felt in the Poly room with no balcony?

Ah.....duh.....THE BALCONY.....:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: gotcha!:thumbsup2 Yep...those are nice.:goodvibes

Mickeynut...MOST rooms have balconies. There are a handful of exceptions. The uppermost floor lodge tower rooms do not have balconies, and the turret honeymoon suites do not. The standard rooms in all lodges do though.:thumbsup2

Happy day,...I am going to get something done here!

Okay....so it is something that went over my head because it's something I never knew anything about....never mind me :rolleyes:.

we had a 2nd floor room at the Poly's club level building and there areno balconies on the 2nd floor of most of the buildings there. Once our kids fell asleep we sort of felt trapped in the room.

I kept looking for a shot where 2 monorails were perfectly under the castle...this is as close as i could get

DisyneyAugust2008212.jpg

I wonder if anyone is in this pool pic.

DisyneyAugust2008302.jpg

My view when i was ordering an Orange Dream from the pool bar....which was closed more than i would have liked. Who cares if it was raining and windy...i was thirsty!
edited! OPPS forgot to put pic in lol

DisyneyAugust2008304.jpg

DisyneyAugust2008308.jpg

DisyneyAugust2008309.jpg

Is that your room up there Chan?

DisyneyAugust2008312.jpg

DisyneyAugust2008311.jpg

DisyneyAugust2008310.jpg

LOOK! same pic that brianallen posted on other thread

DisyneyAugust2008316.jpg

Ah.....duh.....THE BALCONY.....:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: gotcha!:thumbsup2 Yep...those are nice.:goodvibes

Mickeynut...MOST rooms have balconies. There are a handful of exceptions. The uppermost floor lodge tower rooms do not have balconies, and the turret honeymoon suites do not. The standard rooms in all lodges do though.:thumbsup2

yes, but you cannot feel trapped in that room with all those windows all the way around. I loved that room!!!

I took a few pics of that room you had with the other view. I wouldn't have minded it all either.
I loved sitting out on the BALCONY at night when the kids had fallen asleep. Even during the day sometimes i was in the room with the baby or my wife was and it was so relaxing to sit there, see the castle, the monorial, hear the MK train, and you could even hear the shows that are performed at the castle. I loved it!!

See...I thought you were talking about me!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

The pictures are great!!! Check out the B&W, especially with pictures of the kids outside!!! They come out awesome!! I download to shutterfly and you can do all that stuff even if you don't use the setting on your camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter