Having a GRAND time - The Official GF Chat Thread PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
See...I thought you were talking about me!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:
The pictures are great!!! Check out the B&W, especially with pictures of the kids outside!!! They come out awesome!! I download to shutterfly and you can do all that stuff even if you don't use the setting on your camera.

Thats funny... I guess i could have been, right?

M&P, are you using shutterfly to post pictures to here? :confused: I used to know how to do it, but I can't make it work this week. HELP :) Please! :goodvibes

M&P, are you using shutterfly to post pictures to here? :confused: I used to know how to do it, but I can't make it work this week. HELP :) Please! :goodvibes

Im using photobucket
once uploaded they have different 'link' options such as

Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
IMG Code

and i just pick the IMG one and post it directly in my reply.

ry%3D320

First View of GF when we arrived (It felt like coming home since I lived very near the Hotel Del Coronado for 7 years, the Del was the inspiration for the GF)

ry%3D320

From the MK launch boat. I LOVE THIS BOAT!!!!

ry%3D320

5'8 son on the fold out couch, he said it was "fine." I laid on it and wasn't all that impressed but kids would be fine on it.

ry%3D320

Emily as Cinderella with the GF Cadillac. She really thought she was a princess! And everyone at the Grand treated her like one!!!

More Later, my computer is slow today :) (Thanks for the help M&P)

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Just wanted to pop in to say HI...

Skimmed thru the posts (still lots to read though...)
Sounds like everyone had great trips... we did too:)... even with the tropical storm... (thank goodness for rain ponchos-Channing so glad that we bought them there... we did have to exchange a time or two.. -so easy:) )...

M&P what great pics:) (are you helping DW unpack now that you are home???)

Tinker*Shell*Bell your pics are great too...

I'll be posting about our trip later and who knows maybe even some pics....(remember I just learned how to multi quote -Mickeynut I see you havent forgotten... :rotfl: but I think I'm up to the challange:thumbsup2 )

Have a nice day all-talk to ya later:flower3:

Does anyone here have 4yo twins plus two older children? I met the nicest couple at the GF and I'm wondering if either of them posts here. They were there without the kids and going back in November with the whole family. Anyone??? :)

M&P...Em is in your pool picture too, she is the little girl to the left end of the waterfall...pink arm floaties give her away! :)

Between the swimsuit with the inflatable inserts and the 2 arm floats we kept thinking she might just float away on the breeze. That litle girl was well outfitted to float.

Hi gals...im in between classes for a moment

M&P i cant see your pics here that will have to wait until home

Shel your pics are great!

KELLY WELCOME BACK TO REALITY!!!! Cant wait to hear details.....

Chan..i didnt get the balcony either...another brunette with a blond moment:rotfl:

Kristin...stinks about the strike...maybe they will settle next week! SETTLE SETTLE SETTLE (anyone know that movie??):rotfl2:

later taters,
dawn:flower3:

Those pictures are so amazing I could smell the GF!!! oh my good golly I can't wait to get my family there in October!!!

Kelly, tell us about your stay!!! :cool1:

Hey...M or S....Do either of you guys have a pic of the outdoor GF Cafe tables?? YOu know the teak ones along the "veranda"???:rotfl: I can't believe I don't have that. If you do could you post it?!?

Amended....if ANYBODY has that view of those outdoor tables...could you post it? Also...M or S...did you get any pics of the outdoor pool bars? LOL....

Dawn..
Hi!!! It's nice you're able to check in!! Bummer...m's pics are FABU. SOmething to look forward to coming home to.:rotfl2: No..I cave...what's "Settle settle settle" from? I should probably know.

Blueskies
....welcome back! Details details!!! When you get a chance.:goodvibes

TTFN!
Channing:)

How does Zyrtec help your DH? DS has been taking Claritin and it has done NOTHING :sad2:. Are the 2 pretty much the same or do you find one works better than the other??? That's the only bad thing with allergies.....not really much you can do for them :sad1:.

I hope your dd gets better soon :hug:. I took DS to the doctor yesterday and he said keep giving Clariton or Zyrtec but that doesn't seem to be touching it!!!! Allergies are new to us as we've never had them....until now with DS :sad2:. I feel so bad because there's not really anything I can do.....but I see how miserable he is :sick:. And, of course, nothing more the doctor can give him or do for him, either :(. It's amazing how many kids are getting sick right when school is starting.....lots of junk going around already!!!!

OK allergies I know about. DS and I both have allergies and asthma. The dog even has allergies.:lmao: She has food allergies and was allergic to an antibiotic she took. I have never met anyone that Zyrtec helped, i'm sure there must be someone, I just haven't met them. Clairton is a little better, but not great. Allegra is much better, it is still a prescription. Benadryl is usually the best, but makes most people drowsy. There are a number of prescriptions that are very effective, eye drops, nasal sprays, etc. There is a LOT that can be done for allergies. Usually it takes more than one thing to get them under control. If the allergies are that bad that your DS has to miss school, you may want to consider an appointment with an allergist. Hope they are feeling better soon.

Welcome home everyone.

What happened to the multi quoting? Not much going on lately.:rotfl2:

Hey...M or S....Do either of you guys have a pic of the outdoor GF Cafe tables?? YOu know the teak ones along the "veranda"???:rotfl: I can't believe I don't have that. If you do could you post it?!?

Amended....if ANYBODY has that view of those outdoor tables...could you post it? Also...M or S...did you get any pics of the outdoor pool bars? LOL....

TTFN!
Channing:)

I dont think i have those GF cafe tables but i did walk past them enough to stay out of the rain.. And Im surprised I didnt take one of the bars but many times we were in the pool it was raining and i didnt bring my camera. Almost all of my outdoor pics that i have and posted and will post were taken in one day.
In fact I can't remember seeing the quiet pool bar open at all.

Mickeynut...he says zyrtec is doing good for him today (its his first day on it). He did really well on claritin but this year it hasnt' been helping at all :(
He's having a bad day today...they found out one of their customers will now be bidding on work which means they will probably lose the work which means less work for dh's company. Looks as though the company dh's customer has to bid on is looking for cheaper prices which means getting products from china and india :( I'm now about to increase my at home work load...I'm wondering how this will affect our WDW trip. Nothing is ever set in stone but I'm going to do whatever I can to make sure we can go in January and have a fabulous time. If dh's company loses the work that means less $$ and who knows if that means paycut or whatever :( small company and family owned so no job loss for dh unless the company closes its doors (ugh god forbid) so today not a good day all around for us :(
I'm enjoying the pictures and everyone's posts though! Everytime I come back here I've got lots to catch up on :rotfl:

OK allergies I know about. DS and I both have allergies and asthma. The dog even has allergies.:lmao: She has food allergies and was allergic to an antibiotic she took. I have never met anyone that Zyrtec helped, i'm sure there must be someone, I just haven't met them. Clairton is a little better, but not great. Allegra is much better, it is still a prescription. Benadryl is usually the best, but makes most people drowsy. There are a number of prescriptions that are very effective, eye drops, nasal sprays, etc. There is a LOT that can be done for allergies. Usually it takes more than one thing to get them under control. If the allergies are that bad that your DS has to miss school, you may want to consider an appointment with an allergist. Hope they are feeling better soon.

Welcome home everyone.

I don't like allegra...it doesn't help me in the least but it does help me lose weight with pseudephedrine in it :rotfl2: My cousin is a ped dr and she uses zyrtec for herself that's why she told dh about it. I think it just depends on what is affecting your allergies as to what meds will help. Claritin was the only thing that cleared up these awful hives my daughter had (unknown to anyone why she got hives and the hives were this crazy crazy welts all over he body) but for my son he had hives and benedryl cleared them right up. Benedryl works great for my son where all it does for my daughter is make her sleepy. I can't stand benedryl for me either...it makes me sick.
Mickeynut...good luck hopefully you find something to work for your guy soon!

we had a 2nd floor room at the Poly's club level building and there areno balconies on the 2nd floor of most of the buildings there. Once our kids fell asleep we sort of felt trapped in the room.

Now I understand...thanks :). And I'm just LOVING your pics.....can't wait for our stay at the Grand :cool1:!!!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Sounds like everyone had great trips... we did too:)... even with the tropical storm... (thank goodness for rain ponchos-Channing so glad that we bought them there... we did have to exchange a time or two.. -so easy:) )...

I'll be posting about our trip later and who knows maybe even some pics....(remember I just learned how to multi quote -Mickeynut I see you havent forgotten... :rotfl: but I think I'm up to the challange:thumbsup2 )

WELCOME BACK, MULTI QUOTING PAL :yay:!!! Hope you had a fabulous trip........can't wait to hear all about it along with seeing pics :woohoo:.

Welcome home everyone.

Thanks for your input :goodvibes. The doctor did give him a prescription for eye drops and nasal spray. His eyes did look better this morning, so we'll see if it continues :). And the nasal spray seems to be working, too....so hopefully those 2 along with the Claritin will get him back to himself soon. I just got back from school picking up his homework for the last 3 days..........OMG :scared1:.......talk about a boat load of work :eek:!!!! Good thing we have a 3 day weekend!!!!! But most of it consists of worksheets for biology and geography, so it may not take him that long.....hoping, anyway :upsidedow.

Mickeynut...he says zyrtec is doing good for him today (its his first day on it). He did really well on claritin but this year it hasnt' been helping at all :(
He's having a bad day today...they found out one of their customers will now be bidding on work which means they will probably lose the work which means less work for dh's company. Looks as though the company dh's customer has to bid on is looking for cheaper prices which means getting products from china and india :( I'm now about to increase my at home work load...I'm wondering how this will affect our WDW trip. Nothing is ever set in stone but I'm going to do whatever I can to make sure we can go in January and have a fabulous time. If dh's company loses the work that means less $$ and who knows if that means paycut or whatever :( small company and family owned so no job loss for dh unless the company closes its doors (ugh god forbid) so today not a good day all around for us :(
I'm enjoying the pictures and everyone's posts though! Everytime I come back here I've got lots to catch up on :rotfl:

Thanks about the Zyrtec. And I'm sorry about everything happening with DH's work right now.....that stinks :mad:. I hope everything turns out ok for you :hug:. And don't worry just yet about your January trip......I'm sure things will work out that you guys can still go....there's still plenty of time between now and then :wizard:.

Now I understand...thanks :). And I'm just LOVING your pics.....can't wait for our stay at the Grand :cool1:!!!

WELCOME BACK, MULTI QUOTING PAL :yay:!!! Hope you had a fabulous trip........can't wait to hear all about it along with seeing pics :woohoo:.

Thanks for your input :goodvibes. The doctor did give him a prescription for eye drops and nasal spray. His eyes did look better this morning, so we'll see if it continues :). And the nasal spray seems to be working, too....so hopefully those 2 along with the Claritin will get him back to himself soon. I just got back from school picking up his homework for the last 3 days..........OMG :scared1:.......talk about a boat load of work :eek:!!!! Good thing we have a 3 day weekend!!!!! But most of it consists of worksheets for biology and geography, so it may not take him that long.....hoping, anyway :upsidedow.

Thanks about the Zyrtec. And I'm sorry about everything happening with DH's work right now.....that stinks :mad:. I hope everything turns out ok for you :hug:. And don't worry just yet about your January trip......I'm sure things will work out that you guys can still go....there's still plenty of time between now and then :wizard:.

Thanks! His business is volatile and we've been going through this for the last 5 years however if they lose more business that will be huge and will impact probably his salary so that's what's concerning. NOthing we can really do about it so I'm just working more hours and we'll hope for the best!
I'm sure we'll still go...I do need to call my TA and let her know not to book the CR CL if it becomes available though :rotfl: If I have to save money CL is definitely out :rotfl:

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Welcome home!!

After 5 days of rain, a small child will get bored in her stroller.
And she will begin to play. This series of pics is probably my favorite from the trip! She did this all by herself!
ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

ry%3D320

By the last picture I was laughing so hard that I had tears running down my face. OMG!!!!

Thanks! His business is volatile and we've been going through this for the last 5 years however if they lose more business that will be huge and will impact probably his salary so that's what's concerning. NOthing we can really do about it so I'm just working more hours and we'll hope for the best!
I'm sure we'll still go...I do need to call my TA and let her know not to book the CR CL if it becomes available though :rotfl: If I have to save money CL is definitely out :rotfl:

You have a great attitude :goodvibes. And that's about all you can do is wait and see what happens...especially since anything can happen over the next few months. So don't worry too much about it and keep planning for that trip :).

In case you think being there for 3 says of pouring rain was awful...please check out how crowded it was....
ry%3D320

EPCOT 9:45am (9am opening)

ry%3D320

Main St USA... 4:30 pm (I have never seen it this deserted in the afternoon before)

ry%3D320

Animal Kingdom, 10:15am. This is how to keep a small one busy while her brothers ride Everest...5 times in a row in 30 mins!! This is the bridge from the NEMO show to EE.

Yeah...the rain was GREAT!!!!! WE LOVED IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter