Having a GRAND time - The Official GF Chat Thread PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone interested in reading about the country, here is a link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burma
For those not familiar..as me Union of Myanmar is AKA Burma which I have read and heard a lot about. I just didn't make the connection. Its population is 55 million and its one of the poorest countries in south east Asia.

Hi Gals...I am having a CRAPPY day today!

1. Woke up with PinkEye..ooohh thats fun..crusty eye and now I will have to replace my makeup:mad:
2. Took my car into for an oil change and front brakes to be fixed...now they say front and back brakes and at least 2 new tires! Well, no tires right now since my brakes and oil change will be around $700!!!! :headache:
3. Still big and overweight when I woke up...I know its my fault:sad2:
4. Both boys home sick...one is truly sick with cold and allergies, the other I think is just tired.:confused3

What a way to start the week! At least the sun is shining and it is warm!

Dawn

Hi Gals...I am having a CRAPPY day today!

1. Woke up with PinkEye..ooohh thats fun..crusty eye and now I will have to replace my makeup:mad:
2. Took my car into for an oil change and front brakes to be fixed...now they say front and back brakes and at least 2 new tires! Well, no tires right now since my brakes and oil change will be around $700!!!! :headache:
3. Still big and overweight when I woke up...I know its my fault:sad2:
4. Both boys home sick...one is truly sick with cold and allergies, the other I think is just tired.:confused3

What a way to start the week! At least the sun is shining and it is warm!

Dawn
Dawn, I had one of those days yesterday! Everything that could go wrong did go wrong :scared1:
I highly suggest having a good temper tantrum ... it is a great stree relief to do so :banana: :banana:
this morning I am in a great mood and stress free :cloud9:

I just re read that... 4,000 confirmed dead but the toll could reach 10,000. I wanted to correct my mistake even though that is a lot of people.

Things like cyclones and Hurricanes hit close to home with me... as I am sure it does Mandy too :sad1:

Crazy! I mean how many people were killed by Katrina like 2k? And the number would have been a lot lower had the levves not failed. Look at all the disorganization in our country after Katrina now imagine how bad it must be in a poor country with no where near the resources. I could not imagine :sad2:

Yea, we get hurricanes in FL but honestly the loss of life is limited and that's mostly from accidents after , like stepping on live wires, or people having heart attacks from the stress. You can not imagine how scary it is to sit on your bathtub while your house is groaning, huge trees crash all around or on your house, and transformers blow all around you. Yea, we were with out electricity for a few weeks but hey, weare ALIVE, I am THANKFUL to live in the USA, we are blessed to have the resources we have to help us recover.

BTW hurricanes and cyclones are kinda the same thing. I thought a cyclone was a tornado, nope, I was wrong. It's a hurricane.

Your lesson for the day!

Seriously, I feel for those people. Reminds me of how horrible the tidal wave was a few years ago. :sad2:

Crazy! I mean how many people were killed by Katrina like 2k? And the number would have been a lot lower had the levves not failed. Look at all the disorganization in our country after Katrina now imagine how bad it must be in a poor country with no where near the resources. I could not imagine :sad2:

Yea, we get hurricanes in FL but honestly the loss of life is limited and that's mostly from accidents after , like stepping on live wires, or people having heart attacks from the stress. You can not imagine how scary it is to sit on your bathtub while your house is groaning, huge trees crash all around or on your house, and transformers blow all around you. Yea, we were with out electricity for a few weeks but hey, weare ALIVE, I am THANKFUL to live in the USA, we are blessed to have the resources we have to help us recover.

Things were bad here for a long time but not that bad!
I was reading up a bit about the country itself and its really poor. It is the poorest country in southest asia.. and that is a poor region in general. I am going to hazzard a guess they didn't have bathtubs or anything to hide in when it hit and that is why the death toll is so high.
I also want to add that it is one of the most corrupt countries in the world and has had several human rights violations against it. The Government is NOT good :sad2:

I have been through my share of hurricanes and rode them through BUT we left for Katrina and am thankful we did. We went to Memphis where my DH has family. The minute the storm was over we were flying back to my parents' ranch. I was on the phone at the time with her when a tornadoe hit the ranch... the phone went dead and I had no idea if my parents were alright. The drive was UNREAL from Memphis to Hammond.

We had to drive around trees and light poles all on the highway. We left so soon after the storm, the police had not shut the roads down yet and there were still some high gust. From Jackson Mississippi it was pitch BLACK... not a light anywhere. We left before the levees even failed. I was terrified of finding my parents ...who live out in the middle of NOWHERE and would not be able to get help if they needed it... were going to be dead.

It was not a trip I would have done otherwise.
Of course I tried to get them to EVAC with us but they didn't want to leave the horses...
We made it to the ranch BARELY ... we actually had to drive off road a couple of times due to the trees being down. :rolleyes1

It was 11pm at night when we pulled up to the ranch gates. There were trees all on the roof of the house... windows broke and not a SOUND coming from the house. I was doing some SERIOUS on my knees a' prayin kind of moments... anyway I had DH go to the door as the kids and I stayed in the car. I didn't want to be the first one in their ... just in case...
SOOOO he goes to the door and just walks in, also terrified of what had happened to my parents...
there they were butt you know what naked in the livingroom doing you know what :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
MY DH was traumatized for life over this!!!

They couldn't do anything else as the power was out and it was too dark to clean up any of the mess outside so they... well kept themselves busy :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
The tornadoe had hit the property but spared the house. We were just so thankful they were okay but GOLLY PUTS SOME PANTS ON DAD :laughing:

We did lose a good part of our roof and windows but we live a lot closer to the city than my parents do. We did not flood but the houses at the end of our street all flooded BIG time! One house got 4 foot of water in it. The water came REALLY close to coming in our home but we were spared.

Oh I did want to add that my parents did lose 1 horse in Katrina. :sad1:
She was a sweety too. My dad was happy to see my DH (well... at least after he put his pants on) because the ranch hands were all with their families and my dad didn't want to bury the horse by himself... its not like burying a cat I PROMISE

Hey from South Florida! I hate hurricanes! And I lived through Typhoons in Japan, too.:goodvibes

I am headed to the Grand Floridian this weekend for my breast cancer end of chemo celebration! My best friend from my reporter days is flying out from the west coast and we are headed up there with my daughter (9) to spoil her like crazy. A girls weekend (my teen boys don't dig disney anymore).

Any advice about buildings, restaurants, etc??

THANKS!

Hey....where's Kristin been?? I left my kitchen sink water running so I wouldn't blow that cleaning off and sit here for a while....I've just been thinking she hasn't been here for a while.....:confused:

talk to ya all later!! You know I will. :goodvibes

I'm here!!

I will 34 in November.

Me too!!

MAN! YOU GUYS WERE CHATTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl: I go DISless for the weekend and come back to PAGES and PAGES!!!

9 days!!!!!!! :banana: Gotta love single digits!!

Afternoon gals!

Spend the morning in the Ford garage. I had to wait for a rental car so four hours later and I am finally home. (feel your pain Dawn)

Brook- you asked about the plastic surgery stuff. My friend has had both and said the tummy tuck was a lot more painful.

Hi Channing- I just booked by dd (who will be 8) Birthday Party at Justice. They do the makeover etc. Did not know if either of your girls have done this??

Hope everyone is having a good day! Vanessa

Hey from South Florida! I hate hurricanes! And I lived through Typhoons in Japan, too.:goodvibes

I am headed to the Grand Floridian this weekend for my breast cancer end of chemo celebration! My best friend from my reporter days is flying out from the west coast and we are headed up there with my daughter (9) to spoil her like crazy. A girls weekend (my teen boys don't dig disney anymore).

THANKS!

Have a great time!!! I am doing the Race for the Cure this weekend. It is my Mother's Day ritual.

You can find out tons of info from these ladies.

THANKS!

First of all Congrats on the end of chemo and beating Cancers butt! :hug: :cheer2:

Now on to your question first you may want to check out the GF FAQ thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1811276
YOu will find a ton of great info on the first two pages and our GF girls Kelly and Channing have compiled a lot of great info there!

I have only stayed once at the GF and we stayed in Big Pine Key in a GV room. HOnestly I didn't care I was just pysche dto be at teh GF. If yu stay in BIg Pine key of Boca Chica you don't have to walk all the way to Gaspy's to get a mug refill you can get them at the pool bar (until it closes). WE also felt like we were super close to the main building!

I love Narcoossee's and 1900 was fun, you eat with Cinderella and her step sisters at dinner there. HTH, have a great trip!

HI Kristin! hope you had a great weekend! Can you beleive we had to start a new thread? DH asked me last night why I had to check it everyday and I had to explain that if you don't you come back to find 10 pages of stuff to catch up on! :rotfl:

Hi, Vanessa! DH brought home some new protein bars from the health store and I thought of you this weekend :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Ooops, thats right we gotta keep it clean for a few more pages!

:) And it looks like we are gonna be tied with the number kiddos. Aren't you pregnant? I thought you mentioned that a while back. Your boys are so cute BTW, they look like little GAP models! :goodvibes

Yes, I am 12 weeks pregnant now!

Thanks for the compliment on my boys. They actually ARE models! They've done some fun stuff and we enjoy doing it.

Here's a few examples....

Alex in Baby Talk magazine....

Alexbabytalkcu.jpg

Aidan on the product box of a baby pool....

pool_alt.jpg

Aidan on the cover of Real Simple magazine....

aidanrealsimplesmall1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter