Having a GRAND time - The Official GF Chat Thread PART 3

Deb:rotfl: I think the laundry MUST reproduce itself!! I can never seem to get ahead...When DSs are off at college they do their own laundry....when they come home....laundry amnesia!!!:confused:

Isn't that the truth :laughing:!!! I told my 2 DSs that they have to stay home and go to college because they'd never make it on their own.....they can't even pick up their clothes off their bedroom floor....how do they think they will actually do laundry :rotfl: :rotfl:. I was almost caught up until DH and 13 yo DS went dirtbike riding yesterday after work/school......now I have riding gear added to the every day laundry :scared1:. But I guess I have no excuse today not to get it all done with it being yucky and raining.....might as well get something accomplished :rotfl:.

Chan - OMG....it's horrible, isn't it???? It just NEVER ENDS :headache:. I always get sidetracked with other things too....like CHATTING with you gals on here :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:. Laundry is the one thing I do let get out of hand :rotfl:. I put it off until everyone tells me they have no clothes :lmao: :lmao:. And then by the time I get all the wash done, it's time to IRON :scared1:. It's always something :laughing:.

Good Morning!!!

Raindy day for us :umbrella:

Chan- my big elephant car is ready to go (should I put the back seats down for all these books??? :rotfl: )

V- Glen Ellyn isn't real close to Schaumburg, but you can shoot up I-355 and be there in about 15 minutes or so. It is a big area though, so finding a hotel shouldn't be too tough (I am pretty sure there is a big Holiday Inn there, though. Probably a Marriott too)

I need to get in the shower so I am not late for breakfast- see ya soon Chan!! :wave:

Have a great day everyone!
Kristin

Afternoon ~ :surfweb:

Well, I am in a bit of a pickle. I have to take my DD3 to the doctors becasue we think she has Chicken pox! :sick: DD2 and DS6 also have spots. My dad is having major surgery soon and if i have been exposed I can't be there or be around him for a while...... We were planning on going to WDW a few days with them to have some family time before his surgery. Now it looks like it is off. :sad1:

I am so frustrated and now really worried about who they got sick from..... My BIL and SIL DONT immunize and I fear that if there kids get it they will have a bad case...... We are not on speaking terms either with them so it is gonna be hard to speak to them. :confused:

Anyways...... Chan and Kristin, hope you had a great breakfast! So fun you two get to meet like that! I can wait to meet Siobhan in a few months! :woohoo: Hopefully we will be over the Chicken pox!

Have a great day!

Afternoon Everyone!!! :laundy: is coming along nicely ;). But it's still yucky out.....I think we're in for an all day rain :umbrella:.

Mandy ~ So sorry to hear about your DDs and DS :sick:. My 2 have never had chicken pox, but I know they're not fun to deal with :sad2:. I hope you'll be ok to be around your dad and be there for his surgery :hug:. If you can't get to Disney when you planned, hopefully you can get there soon after......maybe for a celebration of your dad's recovery :wizard:. I know it's hard, but try to think positive.....I'm sure everything will turn out ok :grouphug:.

Chan & Kristin ~ Hope you had a great visit over breakfast :coffee:.

Deb :flower3:

Mandy that is HORRIBLE about the chicken pox (but at the same time it is great to get it over when they are young.) I was 3 when I had them and barely remember a thing.

But that STINKS about the timing with your Dad :sad2: Keep us posted.

FYI: This is my last post until next year :lmao: Chan just gave me about 100 romance novels to peruse so it might take me that long to read them all! :rotfl:

Breakfast was fun. Dawn, they had White Sox cupcakes at the bakery- I thought of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am off to read- have a great day!
Kristin

Hi, guys!!LOL...I just had to check my emails, clean up the kitchen, and see what's new!!:goodvibes Ignoring the mess in the rest of my house.:thumbsup2 I'll get to it......................haha.......

Deb...I dumped all my dirty laundry (well dh's and mine) down so it's basically staring at me...I have to deal with it.;)

Happy reading Kristin!!!! Enjoy!:goodvibes

Bfast was fun!! I already ate a fourth of my peanut butter bar....omg...had to pick up a diet coke on the way home and nothing goes better with diet coke then crap.:rotfl2:

OK...Mandy!!
That is terrible....that whole mess you're in now! OMG. Bad timing. Zack had it before the chicken pox vaccine came out...he was about 7 and I can tell you he was SOOOO SOOOOO SICK. Lucy had it right after and she was a baby but not sick at all....Jojo got the vaccine. The younger the better. That is terribly frightening that your BIL and SIL do not vaccinate their kids.:eek: I know everybody has their own thoughts on it....but here we are the second week of school and we've already caught bugs! Good luck to those kids that they stay healthy. I hope your little ones are OK...mabye it's not chicken pox? Keep us posted.

Alright! Talk to ya later!

PS...I called Kelly and she is better but she sounds sick. I am gonna call her back later.....poor Kel.:guilty:

Chan

Afternoon ~ :surfweb:

Well, I am in a bit of a pickle. I have to take my DD3 to the doctors becasue we think she has Chicken pox! :sick: DD2 and DS6 also have spots. My dad is having major surgery soon and if i have been exposed I can't be there or be around him for a while...... We were planning on going to WDW a few days with them to have some family time before his surgery. Now it looks like it is off. :sad1:

I am so frustrated and now really worried about who they got sick from..... My BIL and SIL DONT immunize and I fear that if there kids get it they will have a bad case...... We are not on speaking terms either with them so it is gonna be hard to speak to them. :confused:

Anyways...... Chan and Kristin, hope you had a great breakfast! So fun you two get to meet like that! I can wait to meet Siobhan in a few months! :woohoo: Hopefully we will be over the Chicken pox!

Have a great day!

Mandy - So sorry to hear about the Chicken Pox!! Hope it isn't - let us know what the DR. says!

Mandy- That really stinks. I hope all goes well and everyone gets better soon. :)

Channing and Kristin- Glad you had a good time!!

Kelly~ feel better soon!! That stinks that you are still sick. YUCK!

Wendy- How is it going? Any news on packing and leaving??

I am still working and getting sooo sick of staring at the computer...even though I love to DIS...I hate to work!

Have a great day! It is yucky here today. Kind of depressing.

Ohno, Mandy! I hope it isn't the Chicken Pox, but I guess if it has to be it is better young! Such bad timing with your dad, though.

I hope everything works out.

Get better soon, Kelly!

Mandy Hope everything goes well for your dad...and that the kids dont have chicken pox...

Channing & Kristin Glad you enjoyed you breakfast:). I love to read too (novels mostly)...what are you favorite authors...ever read Debbie Macomber or Dorothy Garlock or how about Sheryl Woods...all pretty good IMO.. diet coke and crap!:rotfl: I think one balances out the other right...:thumbsup2

Deb I'm amking a dent in the :laundy: too...I just wish it could fold and put itself away;)

Kellyglad you're starting to feel better

I actually don't hate laundry (it smells so good when it is done). I'm sure that will change once I have kids, though. Right now we only have about 5-7 loads a week normally so it isn't too bad, especially since my fiance bought me a GE front load washer (still have a crappy drier though). The worst part is that everything is in the basement, which dosen't have an entrance inside the house since our house is so old. I told him that he would have to move everything upstairs once we had kids!

Kristin - Glad you and Chan had a nice breakfast :goodvibes. Good luck reading all those novels :rotfl:. That's one thing I never got into was reading.....don't know why :confused:. It would definitely give me something to do on all the plane rides to Disney ;). But I just grab all the magazines I can and take those along :laughing:.

Chan - You better get going on that laundry :rotfl: :rotfl:. I'm getting mine all washed but tomorrow I'll have a boat load of ironing to do :scared1:. I too like the diet coke and crap combo :rotfl2:. I am terrible at getting things done around the house because I keep my computer on and it's too easy to keep checking things.........by the time I get done doing that, I forget which part of the house I was headed to and what I was going to do :lmao: :lmao:.

BlueSkies - Self folding and putting away clothes......now that would be something :laughing:. I don't know why I plug away to get it done because tomorrow or the next day it will be piled up again :rotfl2: :rotfl2:.

irisbud - 5-7 loads of laundry A WEEK???? I've got that about every other day :rotfl: :rotfl:. But you're right.......kids make a BIG difference in the laundry load.....especially the ones that wear a pair of jeans for 2 hours and then decide it's time to change clothes :headache:.

Kelly - Hope you're feeling better soon :flower3:.

Okay gals I just looked at the clock and it's 2:15........my DSs will be home in 30 minutes :scared1: :scared1:. Where did the day go :confused3. Hopefully not too much homework tonight :rolleyes1.

Deb :upsidedow

Mandy...hope it all goes well with your dad and that the kids don't have cpox

Channing...thanks! I do hope we enjoy GF. I'm so glad I made the switch when I did. Everyday I'm still checking on CR availability and today for fun I just started checking availability for my dates at all deluxes...GF only garden view, Poly nothing, CR 2 brm suite 11k out of my budget :rotfl2:, YC nothing, BC has some categories, and AKL had all categories available. Dh would love to stay at AKL and so would I for that matter but not until the kids get older. Club level is about the same price as what we are paying for GF theme park view. I know the kids would enjoy looking at the animals but that's something for another time. This time I NEED the monorail :rotfl:
I LOVE reading too...I go in spurts though...sometimes I read many at a time and sometimes it takes me forever to read one. Right now I'm in the anti reading mode. I've got several sitting waiting for me to read but just have no motivation at the moment :laughing:

Thanks for all the well wishes...I feel much better today :cool1:
Mickeynut...yes paperwork makes it official especially with the cost right on there for me to see :rotfl: I really hope we like GF. Dh doesn't like the decor and isn't excited about staying there so hopefully he'll enjoy it. I'd hate to hear it the whole time I'm there about how he'd rather be at WL :rolleyes1 I think he'll appreciate the monorail transportation though.

Blueskies...I'm with you...why can't the laundry fold and put itself away. That takes forever it seems!

Kelly glad you are starting to feel better.

Have a great day everyone I'm going to try and clean my house instead of reading this board all day :laughing: DIS is addicting :rotfl2:

Irisbud You're right finished laundry does smell so nice:flower3: and it must be not be fun to have to go outside and down stairs to do get it done...just think though---good exericse:thumbsup2

Skjj once you get to the GF you will glad that you're there:) and your right the Disboards is addicting...

Deb sometimes my kids TRY things on and then put them in the wash...I dont think so:headache: , I put that stuff right back in their rooms..

Guess I'd better think about starting dinner...hmmm what can I find that DH can grill:rotfl:

BTW Chan I boiled eggs so that I can make egg salad too( reading your post put the idea in my head)...I make it the same way (light mayo and all)

Talk to ya later:flower3:

OMG! You guys are going to laugh at me but I am not "a reader" :rotfl: Chan and I happen to share a "passion" ;) for trashy romance novels!!!! London historicals in particular.

Chan, I sorted them out and moved them into shoppingbags so they will stack better. I am starting with the Elizabeth Thorton books first (I am about 100 pages into "The Bluestocking Bride"). I ate one of the White Sox cookies too, but am saving that Peanut Butter thing for later. DH is working late tonight so I will curl up with my trashy novel, a diet coke, the peanut butter decadence and watch the RNC. If it gets chilly enough with this never ending rain I might crank on the gas fireplace too!!! :laughing:

TTFN! (I sound like Dawn :cutie: )

Mandy- That really stinks. I hope all goes well and everyone gets better soon. :)

Channing and Kristin- Glad you had a good time!!

Kelly~ feel better soon!! That stinks that you are still sick. YUCK!

Wendy- How is it going? Any news on packing and leaving??

I am still working and getting sooo sick of staring at the computer...even though I love to DIS...I hate to work!

Have a great day! It is yucky here today. Kind of depressing.

Thanks for asking V! We are STILL here! DH does not want to leave since it's only supposed to be a Cat 1 hurricane and is supposed to go a little more north of us! School is cancelled tommorow. It probably won't be too terrible as we've been thru a Cat 1 before but the power goes out for 2 - 3 days and it's hot and gross, the generator can only power so many things, and everybody gets stir crazy!! I would like to leave to avoid all that, but leaving is a pain - so we are waiting til the 8 am advisory tommorow morning to make a decision. Plus, we may have bigger fish to fry with Cat 4 Ike coming down the pipe!!:scared1:
Mandy, I'm sure you are watching Ike too! To early to tell where it's going but hopefully AWAY!

Hey - has anyone talked to A or B lately? I've been thinking about them!

Princessses I sure hope you dont have to leave your home...maybe the storm will down grade...

What is with all of these storms this year so far:scared1: and the season has just begun...I think it gets worse every year...

Hello ladies! Just thought I'd jump in for a moment - saw the series of posts about musical theatre/Wicked/Jersey Boys and the like. With some vocal training (a LONG time ago, that voice is LONG gone!) and a teensy bit of amateur musical theatre experience, my vote is definitely in favour of pretty much any musical around. I live in Toronto and I'm kicking myself for missing Wisked when it toured through here a year (or2?) ago. We're still trying to plan a trip with my sister and mother to Chicago and the change to see Wicked was one of the reasons I was pushing Chicago. OK, I know Chicago has oodles of other fantastic things to do, but Wicked and the Art Institute are top of my list!

Last night, I went to see Jersey Boys, which is here for a couple of months. It was GREAT! There's just nothing like seeing such great talent live! I wasn't sure how many songs I would actually know (I was born in 1961, so I think their stuff was probably playing away when I was a little kid), but WOW, there's a lot! I recommend it!

It's like what we found when my husband and I were at a dinner at a conference in March...in Phoenix, a wonderful antidote to our Canadian winter. At a huge (>1000 people) dinner at this conference each year, there is entertainment, and it's always a surprise. We've seen Chicago, Ray Romano, Glenn Frey (singing all those Eagles songs, it was FABULOUS!). This year is was Lionel Ritchie, and at first I thought, OK, "All Night Long", right, but what else? Well, it turns out that he's got a HUGE list of hits that I'd completely forgotten about - and a few good lines about Nicole! Anyway, everyone was up and dancing!

Alison

Hey Gals....another great day in 5th grade!!! Tomorrow im bringing in "The Kingdom Keepers" for me to read during DEAR and read aloud...do you all know what that is????? Story about Disney after dark..there is a sequel too..Nothing like bringing a little Dis into the classroom.

Chan and Kristin...dang it i wish i could have gone! Hope two had a great time...i love diet coke and crap Chan~funny!!!:lmao: :lmao: K~those WS better get it into gear! Hey I like trashy novels too!!!!

Kel...whats the matter??? Hope you are better soon!

Vanessa..I have some ideas for hotels for ya...I will get them together and PM ya! :thumbsup2

Wendy....fingers still crossed! :scared:

OMG...you guys and the egg salad...now i want some:laughing:

Im loving all of this rain!!! Kristin thats funny I was thinking the same thing about firing up the fireplace! Great minds think alike!

Sorry Shel on the Birks...my BF here at school wears them too!

Later Taters!:upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter