"Having a GRAND time - The Official GF Chat Thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been out til just a little bit ago!!! I found you guys!!! Praline brought me over.:rotfl: :rotfl: I feel soooo......disoriented.:rotfl: :rotfl:

Where are we?? I need to figure all this out. :lmao: I am bad with change!!!! I have to go back and read what you guys are chatting about.

See ya in a bit!

Channing

I have been out til just a little bit ago!!! I found you guys!!! Praline brought me over.:rotfl: :rotfl: I feel soooo......disoriented.:rotfl: :rotfl:

Where are we?? I need to figure all this out. :lmao: I am bad with change!!!! I have to go back and read what you guys are chatting about.

See ya in a bit!

Channing

We are talking about your over packing habits :lmao: :rotfl2:

We are talking about your over packing habits :lmao: :rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Here's the pot calling the kettle black!!!:surfweb: :rotfl:

Slow down!! I can't keep up. popcorn::

OK, I was in Target today....you know Target = All Star Movies;) ....anyway, I had my cart full of Loreal Mineral stuff because I was there and saw it and well....I am feeling the need. Well, talked to Kelly and she said she preferred Nivea over that, but I should go to Ulta and get somebody to match my skin with the Bare Minerals....Target had this thingy that you put over your skin and there were shaded circles and the ones you could see your skin clearly thru were YOUR match. :confused3 :rotfl: So, I picked out the base stuff...the blush, the "glow", the lavenderish shadow (I have green eyes too! and love violet tones) and rose blush...blah blah....it was going to be close to $70!! OK you guys are probably all going "So"? "Seventy dollars - big deal." Well I am one to buy Maybelline mascara and forget to replace it..you know keep it til it's like dried up black sand....I have broken eye shadow that I just use because I am lame and don't know any better......I have a stash of various items that I don't bother with...I guess I am like one of those freaks you see on Oprah that uses her SAME toothbrush for 30 years -OK I DO NOT DO THAT - Just a comparison.:rotfl: .....I told Kelly if the mineral makeup will work miracles ok then it's worth it. So, is it magic stuff??:wizard: :rotfl: I am the $5 make up queen but I am aging....*sniff* and need help.

Kristen
- OMG I cracked up about DS wearing the custom Minnie dresses! :rotfl:

Kelly, this is great!! I need to get used to it though. Has the GF thread been abandoned??:confused3 How about your April maybe trip??? Any word?

You guys can bash that clown costume all you want! The FUNNIEST THING is I told Lucy I sent it back and she was bummed!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: She was mad at me!!!! :rotfl: OMG>...Good thing it went back - I would have died if she wore that out in public.:rotfl: :rotfl:

Ooo, I am so excited about this thread for chatting. With DD in school all day, I come on here to prevent myself from going out to shop out of boredom. (But I still do that too.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: )
I am a Vera and a Coach gal, but I agree, everyone has them. My 13yo niece has several Coach bags.:rolleyes:

I really really have my eye on a Louis Vuitton one ... Maybe by the time I am 30 I can save up for one ... That gives me 2 years. :rotfl:

Channing I feel the mineral make up really helps. Even though I am 33 I am still prone to breakouts and this really helped. I had abandoned liquid foundation altogether prior to this. It is great coverage but without feeling like make up. It is expensive to start, but it lasts awhile and you rarely run out of the same things at the same time. (BTW- you will NEVER wear maybelline mascara again after trying theres!!)

Ooo, I am so excited about this thread for chatting. With DD in school all day, I come on here to prevent myself from going out to shop out of boredom. (But I still do that too.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: )
I am a Vera and a Coach gal, but I agree, everyone has them. My 13yo niece has several Coach bags.:rolleyes:

I really really have my eye on a Louis Vuitton one ... Maybe by the time I am 30 I can save up for one ... That gives me 2 years. :rotfl:

I like Coach but I think they are heavy. I sold a bunch on Ebay and now my thing is Vera. It's more casual and I wear mostly solids so it's fun to find the neat patterns. They are so lightweight. I just kept two LARGE (so I can stuff tons of stash in them;) ) totes I use for carryons....but I might just move to all Vera since the Coachies are so heavy to haul thru the airport......maybe it's just all the junk I put in them? Hmm......

OK, I was in Target today....you know Target = All Star Movies;) ....anyway, I had my cart full of Loreal Mineral stuff because I was there and saw it and well....I am feeling the need. Well, talked to Kelly and she said she preferred Nivea over that, but I should go to Ulta and get somebody to match my skin with the Bare Minerals....Target had this thingy that you put over your skin and there were shaded circles and the ones you could see your skin clearly thru were YOUR match. :confused3 :rotfl: So, I picked out the base stuff...the blush, the "glow", the lavenderish shadow (I have green eyes too! and love violet tones) and rose blush...blah blah....it was going to be close to $70!!

You guys can bash that clown costume all you want! The FUNNIEST THING is I told Lucy I sent it back and she was bummed!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: She was mad at me!!!! :rotfl: OMG>...Good thing it went back - I would have died if she wore that out in public.:rotfl: :rotfl:

Poor Lucy misses her clown skirt. That's ok. I bet she will like the blue toile one much better.

Channing, just try the Bare Minerals. It will change your life. I am serious. Is Ulta like Sephora? We don't have either in New Orleans, but I have never heard of Ulta before. I order mine from QVC. :goodvibes

I really like the brown and turquoise Vera stuff, and I would love to have some luggage like that. At least it is not so HEAVY like the suitcase I brought to Disney and had to PAY $25 for on the way back even though it weighed the same on the way there and no one cared! I am still not over that ...

Ulta is kind of like Sephora (Sephora is a tad more upscale). Ulta sells ahir products, make up etc. I get all my Redken shampoo etc. there (They run the liters buy one get one etc. and I stock up!!!)

I too, am not a big fan of all the patterns on the Coach purses (It reminds me of Lucy's patchwork skirt!! ;) ) I go for the tradional tone on tone ones...

Channing I feel the mineral make up really helps. Even though I am 33 I am still prone to breakouts and this really helped. I had abandoned liquid foundation altogether prior to this. It is great coverage but without feeling like make up. It is expensive to start, but it lasts awhile and you rarely run out of the same things at the same time. (BTW- you will NEVER wear maybelline mascara again after trying theres!!)

I rarely break out but I have very dry and sensitive freckly skin. I have developed some darker blotches from being out in the sun all summer and not listening to the folks saying USE SUNSCREEN....it was weird one morning I just looked at myself and htere were so many more wrinkles. This was a couple years back and it freaked me out. So, I use SS every day now.

I hate the feeling of anything on my skin...it makes it itch. Ick!

Oh gotta run and make dinner!! The hounds are hungry!

So....just curious...how much is BM mascara?:rotfl: :rotfl: What am I getting myself into?:rotfl:

Talk to ya later -
Channing

I wish I had a store near my house that sold bare minerals!!!!!! I have to splurge at an airport gift shop in Atlanta :rotfl: :rotfl:

There is shop on Magazine St. that sells it. I know that is not exactly close for you (aren't you in St. Charles parish?), but it's closer than Atlanta? :rotfl:

Bare Minerals mascara is $15, but I like Maybelline Great Lash better. Actually, my favorite is a Japanese one called Imju Fiberwig. It NEVER smudges, but it is not waterproof. Comes off easily with soap and water. Sephora sells it for $22.

:::waving:::::

just filled me a big ole' latte and am ready for some good GF chatting!!!!!!

Am I the only one who doesn't care for coach purses? I have 2 ... MIL is a huge shopping DIVA and recently went to NYC and bought me two. I hate them :rotfl2:

I am a bit of a bag lady when it comes to my purses :rotfl:

Now give me my jimmychoo heels ANYDAY over a coach purse :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey Channing, you could always make a purse for yourself with that skirt :rotfl: :rotfl: it might be enough material.. I hear you are a HUGE pack rat :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Spring has sprung here which means... Zippidy Doo da... I am that much close r to my June trip :cheer2: :cheer2:

Really well I take coach bag donations ;)

Hi girls!! Wow, I think this is what the GF gals really needed....I thread all to themselves!!! This is really nice.:)

Anyway, I haven't posted on the GF thread for a while, but I have been keeping up with all the news.

I have to chime in on the Bare Minerals talk. I have been using it for 2 years, and it is wonderful!! I have gotten lots of wonderful comments on my skin, even from people I have just met. My friends keep asking me if I had that skin resurfacing done!:confused3 It really makes a difference on my skin.

I am 40 something, and I must say, my skin does look much nicer using this product.

Happy shopping!:goodvibes

Oh and Channing....I'm so glad you were able to return the skirt!

Magical

There is shop on Magazine St. that sells it. I know that is not exactly close for you (aren't you in St. Charles parish?), but it's closer than Atlanta? :rotfl:

Bare Minerals mascara is $15, but I like Maybelline Great Lash better. Actually, my favorite is a Japanese one called Imju Fiberwig. It NEVER smudges, but it is not waterproof. Comes off easily with soap and water. Sephora sells it for $22.

Girl WHERE?!?!?! I have looked all over the place hoping to find a store:rotfl:

is it on the good side of Magazine or the bad side?:rotfl: :rotfl:
Dont want to get mugged getting my BM fix :rotfl2:

I do like the MD formulations Bare essentials puts out but I have super sensitive skin and I went to a spa and was totally converted to La Thérapie. Its rather pricey ... but it is perfect for my skin!!!! As I said, I get red blotchy skin and if you breathe on it wrong it turns red :rotfl: :rotfl:
I have tried clinique CX, the MD formulations... heck just about anything formulated for super sensitive skin. The La Thérapie has actually healed the redness and my face never gets red or blotchy anymore:cheer2: :cheer2:

So I use the La Thérapie for skin care and am the biggest Bare minerals fan you will meet :cheer2:

I am not sure about that Loreal brand bare minerals Channing, I never tried it so not sure if its as good as the original.... let us know how it works

I have never tried any of the other Mineral make up easier. For moisturizer I use Estee Lauder Skin Idealist. It costs a bundle but with my sensitive skin it really helps with the redness!!

Brooke, what was the bare minerals stuff you put on before the makeup?? I am going to try the cleanser tomorrow. I just use Cetaphil extra sensitive now, but in the winter even that makes my skin feel dry :confused3

BTW, last week DS and I were at my parents for dinner one night and a commercial came on for Bare Minerals. I mentioned to my mom that was the makeup I have been using for about a year now. My dad jumps in and goes "Oh, so you swirl, tap and buff??" :rotfl2: Even my 65 year old father knows about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristin

Girl WHERE?!?!?! I have looked all over the place hoping to find a store:rotfl:

is it on the good side of Magazine or the bad side?:rotfl: :rotfl:
Dont want to get mugged getting my BM fix :rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
You won't get mugged. Go during the day... Near Washington Ave. It's called Beauty 101. They have all the Bare Minerals the girls that work there are really helpful.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
You won't get mugged. Go during the day... Near Washington Ave. It's called Beauty 101. They have all the Bare Minerals the girls that work there are really helpful.

:lmao: :lmao: It's safe!! (But go during the day...) I love it!!! :thumbsup2 Sounds like this Walmart store that is near here (Channing, the one on Rte 25). My friend and I call it Scary Walmart :scared1: Both our boys are obsessive about the cars from the Pixar movie and seemed like that Walmart always had the new releases in stock. But we would only ever go during the day if we were without our DH's to get them!!!

:lmao: :lmao: It's safe!! (But go during the day...) I love it!!! :thumbsup2 Sounds like this Walmart store that is near here (Channing, the one on Rte 25). My friend and I call it Scary Walmart :scared1: Both our boys are obsessive about the cars from the Pixar movie and seemed like that Walmart always had the new releases in stock. But we would only ever go during the day if we were without our DH's to get them!!!

All of our Walmarts are Scary Walmarts. :rotfl: After Katrina, they can't sell guns in them anymore, if that tells you anything. I live in the suburbs though. ;)

Channing, I have tried the Neutrogena Mineral Makeup and it is no where as good as BM. I don't know if we should abbreviate it BM ...

I have never tried any of the other Mineral make up easier. For moisturizer I use Estee Lauder Skin Idealist. It costs a bundle but with my sensitive skin it really helps with the redness!!

Brooke, what was the bare minerals stuff you put on before the makeup?? I am going to try the cleanser tomorrow. I just use Cetaphil extra sensitive now, but in the winter even that makes my skin feel dry :confused3

BTW, last week DS and I were at my parents for dinner one night and a commercial came on for Bare Minerals. I mentioned to my mom that was the makeup I have been using for about a year now. My dad jumps in and goes "Oh, so you swirl, tap and buff??" :rotfl2: Even my 65 year old father knows about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristin

Bare essentials puts out a redness facial cleansing kit... the name brand of their cleanser is MD formulations... here is a link to the redness kit:
http://www.mdformulations.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=263&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=9&iSubCat=45&iProductID=263

I have used it before and its OKAY but my face is super sensitive and I use this stuff and it has worked miracles on my face... it REALLY HAS!!!
http://www.timetospa.com/product.asp?category%5Fname=133&product_id=10301&ParentOid=117
I have the start of roscesa so i have to be super careful about cleansers.
I use the facial cleanser/ the toner every day
twice a week I use this
http://www.timetospa.com/product.asp?category%5Fname=134&product%5Fid=10361&ParentOid=117
even though its an exfoliator, it is soooo gentle... the only exfolator I have ever been able to use and it works GREAT!!!
then once a week I use this:
http://www.timetospa.com/product.asp?category%5Fname=205&product%5Fid=10551&ParentOid=117

then for moisturizers I use this protecting cream that is sooo smooth and silky without being heavy and greasy!
http://www.timetospa.com/product.asp?category%5Fname=135&product%5Fid=10403&ParentOid=117

and this on any area that has gotten redish...
http://www.timetospa.com/product.asp?category%5Fname=135&product%5Fid=10402&ParentOid=117

As I said... I have been around the world with trying to find the perfect skin cleanser that didn't burn my face off :rotfl:
This stuff is soooo gentle... OMG I love it and would never ever go back to anything else. Its hard to find so I order it off the net and they have great shipping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter