"Having a GRAND time - The Official GF Chat Thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ladies, glad I found you all over here! I think I am going to have to try the Bare Minerals. I never wear makeup because my skin is sensitive and it makes me all rashy and break out. It sounds like the Bare minerals will work with that!

Speaking of makeup, cosmetics, ect, does anyone know a REALLY good teeth whitening product (you know, one that actually works?) I've always thought my teeth were pretty white, but they need a whitening upgrade! When I put on my wedding dress in the store it made everything else that was white look sort of, well, not so white.

TIA
Amy

Nope, but I am up for trying whatever the answer is... I fear my Diet Coke addiction is wreaking havoc with my teeth...

BTW, I am laughing at how many pages we have racked up in just a few hours. Who would have thought that starting this thread would have unleashed even more chit chat than we already did!! :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

All of our Walmarts are Scary Walmarts. :rotfl: After Katrina, they can't sell guns in them anymore, if that tells you anything. I live in the suburbs though. ;)

Channing, I have tried the Neutrogena Mineral Makeup and it is no where as good as BM. I don't know if we should abbreviate it BM ...

yup you would have to live here to understand that statement:lmao:

in the city, one side of the steet could be perfectly fine and have 5 million dollar homes while right across the street is the getto :lmao:
I dont live right in the city either... i am in the burbs... more country than Andrea is :rotfl: I just put I am from New Orleans because if I said Luling nobody would know where that was :rotfl: :rotfl:

I will have to take a ride down there next weekend and check it out..... thanks for letting me know about it!!!

Hi ladies, glad I found you all over here! I think I am going to have to try the Bare Minerals. I never wear makeup because my skin is sensitive and it makes me all rashy and break out. It sounds like the Bare minerals will work with that!

Speaking of makeup, cosmetics, ect, does anyone know a REALLY good teeth whitening product (you know, one that actually works?) I've always thought my teeth were pretty white, but they need a whitening upgrade! When I put on my wedding dress in the store it made everything else that was white look sort of, well, not so white.
TIA
Amy

I think Crest WhiteStrips Premium Plus are good. I have used bleaching trays from the dentist with the gel and I think the Premium Plus work just as well ... and they're a lot cheaper!

I bought my started kit at Ulta and talked to one of the makep girls. Since I am a pale blonde I got the light kit which came with light and fairly light. I use the light. In the summer I switch to medium and add some faux tan in the lid as I get more tan. Medium is pretty light and most people use that one. What color is your hair and skin tone?

yup you would have to live here to understand that statement:lmao:

in the city, one side of the steet could be perfectly fine and have 5 million dollar homes while right across the street is the getto :lmao:
I dont live right in the city either... i am in the burbs... more country than Andrea is :rotfl: I just put I am from New Orleans because if I said Luling nobody would know where that was :rotfl: :rotfl:

I will have to take a ride down there next weekend and check it out..... thanks for letting me know about it!!!

Brooke, Do you live in Ashton Plantation by any chance?

Brooke, Do you live in Ashton Plantation by any chance?

No but is that the new subdivision over by the bridge? I have been looking at those new houses and thinking hmmm... maybe we need a move :lmao:

We are actually in primrose estates.... its off of 90 and a nice quiet community.

i do like those new houses going up though....

No but is that the new subdivision over by the bridge? I have been looking at those new houses and thinking hmmm... maybe we need a move :lmao:

We are actually in primrose estates.... its off of 90 and a nice quiet community.

i do like those new houses going up though....

Yes, that is the one by the bridge. I pass it on my way to Houma to visit the in-laws ... A friend of mine just built there, and while I haven't been to her house yet, I hear it is fantastic. I live in an old house, so I am envious of new construction. No squeaky floors and drafty windows.

How do you guys know what color to buy form bare minerals?

Welllll the first time I bought bare minerals a friend of mine who lived out of state told me about em... We didn't have a store anywhere near me so I did some internet lookings... I know my basic skin color... WHITE AS A GHOST :rotfl:
so it wasn't too hard for me to find my color.... i lucked out and got the right shade. If you buy the starter kit ... they send you 2 shaded that are really close. A lot of people will actually mix the 2 shades to get more exact.

Channing have you seen their starter kits? Shoot for a little bit more than $70 you could have gotten everything you needed to get started along with a DVD showing you how to do it :rotfl:
Here is a link to the starter kits:
http://www.bareminerals.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BareMinerals-Site/default/ProductConfigurator-Step1

of course you can add to your starter kit and get more :rotfl:

Yes, that is the one by the bridge. I pass it on my way to Houma to visit the in-laws ... A friend of mine just built there, and while I haven't been to her house yet, I hear it is fantastic. I live in an old house, so I am envious of new construction. No squeaky floors and drafty windows.

The only bad part about those new homes is they are outside the levee protection areas ... :eek:

I want to see what happens back there after a few "May 5 floods" :rotfl:
before I decide for sure I want to be back there....

The only bad part about those new homes is they are outside the levee protection areas ... :eek:

I want to see what happens back there after a few "May 5 floods" :rotfl:
before I decide for sure I want to be back there....

Oooo, I didn't know. That is not too smart. This friend of mine didn't just build a house, she built a compound complete with a music studio ...

With Bare Minerals, they send you two colors in the Starter Kit and then you can mix them together to get the right one. Like Brooke said before, it's crayons for grown-ups!

Oooo, I didn't know. That is not too smart. This friend of mine didn't just build a house, she built a compound complete with a music studio ...

With Bare Minerals, they send you two colors in the Starter Kit and then you can mix them together to get the right one. Like Brooke said before, it's crayons for grown-ups!

They may be fine ...and all the experts say they are fine but ...well... I want to see where the water flows before I make a decision to move :rotfl:

Yup crayons for big girls!!!! The best thing is bare minerals is better for your skin... it actually improves your skin over time :cheer2: :cheer2:

you would think I sold this stuff :rotfl:

Crayons for grownups! :lmao: How true!!

When I started I got the started kit and beyond the basics. Then I went to QVC and grabbed a couple of eye kits, lip kits and cheek kits. They all came with brushes, which helped. Then I added the mascara and brush cleaner etc. back at Ulta.

I use the bisque under my eyes, on top of my eyes and for any red spots. Then I use the foundation. (Usually 2 rounds of it) Then I go with a light dusting of one of the all over face colors (Bare Radiance or Warmth, depending on the time of year i.e pasty white winter or summer tan!) Then I use the mineral veil. Next comes eyes. I use Vanilla Sugar the whole way up to my brow and a medium color on the lid to the crease (it is a beige - I don't remember the name) I put the eyeliner on wet above and below the eye. Next I curl my lashes then waterproof mascara. Lastly a hint of blush and lip gloss and I am off. The whole thing literally takes 5 minutes!!! (Admitedly not at first until I found the right combination of product etc.)

Anyone here a Jericho fan?
I am not a huge TV fan ... we buy/rent a lot of movies... but I LOVE Jericho... it comes on in 30 minutes so I am waiting and waiting... anyone else jericho fans?

Oh I bought that new DVD Beowulf... my review... dont bother with it :rotfl:

Its a rated R version of Shrek!!! I did not know it was animated :rotfl:

It lots something in the animation... DH and I both did not care for it :guilty:

Never seen it... I must admit that I am waiting for the rerun of Sunday's Rock of Love that starts at 9pm CST. Watching VH-1 Celebreality is my guilty little secret!!;)

Crayons for grownups! :lmao: How true!!

When I started I got the started kit and beyond the basics. Then I went to QVC and grabbed a couple of eye kits, lip kits and cheek kits. They all came with brushes, which helped. Then I added the mascara and brush cleaner etc. back at Ulta.

I use the bisque under my eyes, on top of my eyes and for any red spots. Then I use the foundation. (Usually 2 rounds of it) Then I go with a light dusting of one of the all over face colors (Bare Radiance or Warmth, depending on the time of year i.e pasty white winter or summer tan!) Then I use the mineral veil. Next comes eyes. I use Vanilla Sugar the whole way up to my brow and a medium color on the lid to the crease (it is a beige - I don't remember the name) I put the eyeliner on wet above and below the eye. Next I curl my lashes then waterproof mascara. Lastly a hint of blush and lip gloss and I am off. The whole thing literally takes 5 minutes!!! (Admitedly not at first until I found the right combination of product etc.)

Did you know if you put the veil on before the bisque or foundation ... a light dusting and then again after your done it would last longer on your face?
Its called the mineral veil sandwich and it makes your make up last allll day!:cheer2:

The well rested has a hint of yellow (to combat the blue) and it isnt as heavy on the lids as the bisque... its really an eye shadow version of the bisque. I love it!

I have trouble with the warmth and the clear radiance... not a big fan of either. the warmth is too dark for my face and the clear radiance... not into sparkles :rotfl:

What do you use to keep all of your pots organized? I have a ton of eyeshadows and stuff as I belong to their club. I found the coolest tacklebox... yup fishing dept tacklebox (brand new mind you) and I keep all of my bare minerals in it :yay: those little sectioned off areas used for bait? Those little pots fit PERFECT in them!!! I dont have to go through a drawer or make up case looking for the color I want... they are all right there in a row :cheer2:

I am going to watch Rock of Love too. So wrong, but I can't help it.

I have to dig through my makeup drawer to find what I want. Tackle box is a clever idea.

OMG...my head is spinning with the Bare Minerals stuff!! Whoa! I use Noxema and only wash my face when I shower, haha. I guess I have easy skin. No breakouts or blotches...just freckles and sunspots. I use (OK, don't gag) Oil of Olay at night and the 15spf cream during the day.:rotfl: :rotfl: I am just so basic. I don't know if I am BM material.:rotfl: I have never curled my eyelashes EVER!!! I tried when I was young but couldn't handle that thing near my eyes like that. :rotfl2: Whimp!

I saw the kits and that they come w/two shades and always thought that was overkill....so you mix them and get the right shade. OK. Well.....I will have to check it out. I didn't buy the Loreal...I put it all back. I had six products in my cart but had second thoughts. Kelly set me straight.:thumbsup2

Magical!! It's good to see you around again!! Oh, you saw that skirt, huh? :rotfl:

So did anybody see the last kid sing on American Idol?? It was beautiful. DH cried.:rotfl:

We leave in THREE WEEKS!!!!! I think I found some cute and comfy shoes!!! Here's a pic.....no bashing them...they ARE cute IMO! So keep your nasty selves quiet.:rotfl2: :rotfl2: They are "Simple" and I think they'll be cute with my khaki capris. Lucy liked them.:thumbsup2 We all know she has taste.;)

6219-540557-d.jpg

I have a secret love of Celebreality, too!!! I love that Sunday line up, haha!!!!

I have a long skinny drawer in the vanity of my bathroom where I keep it. It is all lined up in rows (Foundation, accents, blush, eyeshadows (by color) eyeliners etc.) It is horribly organized.:sad2: The worst part is flying with a newish pot. It takes FOREVER to shake it back down when there isn't much room.

I am looking forward to trying that well rested!!:thumbsup2

As for the warmth, I only use it in the summer and I shake a couple of flakes in with the foundation. I also soetimes use it as a blush but I hardly shake any in and then barely touch my cheek with the angled brush. I don't really notice the sparkle with the bare radiance the way I do with glee.

I am off for the night. DH is complaining that I am spending too much time in here and every time he comes in I am looking at another one of Brooke's links and he is wondering just how much money this chatting is costing him tonight! :rotfl:

Have a great night!
Kristin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter