*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

Hi all! We check in in 10 days and I have a couple of questions. I see a lot of people recommend SERG take out. I'm going to place a pickup order for our arrival day. What did you order that you loved? Do all of the quick services as well as the window that serves snow cones and drinks at the beach house(I don't know what it's called) close at 5? Finally, we are in a 1 bedroom. I like to have a nice view from the balcony for coffee/wine time, but we also like to be close to the pool. Is there a room request that would accomplish this or do I need to choose one or the other? Thank you in advance for any replies!
Can't answer to Serg take out as I never used them with so many good options on the island for fresh takeout. As for the QS, yes. Tide Me Over at the main pool is open 8-5, while Surfmen's Sandbar at the Beach House is open 11-5.

Concerning the 1BR, here's what you have from which to choose as there are only 21 1BRs available:
- In Bldgs 11 (Live Oak Lodge where you will check in) and 12 (connected to Bldg 11 as they share the only guest elevator on property), there are only 16 total 1BRs. Neither building is close to the pool, though it's a small resort so it's only a 5-minute walk, and a pretty one at that.
- Of the two buildings, neither guarantees you a nice view...if like most people "nice" means marsh view. Some of the rooms in either building will offer you partial or full water/marsh views. Most don't: however, all the views are lovely even if it's the interior of the resort as it is lushly landscaped.
- The rest of the remaining 5 1BRs are scattered throughout the resort, one each in Bldgs 16, 18, 19, 28, and 30. Each of these is closer to the pool than Bldgs 11/12, but not right next to the pool.
- The catch to these 5 rooms is each one sits under the master suite or kitchen of the 5 Grand Villas that are on property. Ergo, you will likely hear a great deal of noise since GVs usually have a) more people and b) more kids than other types of rooms. And only one of those 1BRs (Bldg 18) has a marsh view.
- For my money, I'd go with either Bldg 11 or 12 and request top floor. Your views will be good to very good and you won't have anyone on top of you. Obviously, requests are just that.
- For a more detailed look at the guest buildings, go to Page 1 of this thread where hhisc16 has provided a map of the resort.

Enjoy!

Can't answer to Serg take out as I never used them with so many good options on the island for fresh takeout. As for the QS, yes. Tide Me Over at the main pool is open 8-5, while Surfmen's Sandbar at the Beach House is open 11-5.
We were just there the second week of August. Although the activity sheet stated the Tide Me Over hours as 8-5, that's wasn't really true. Tide Me Over didn't open until 11. From 8-10 there was a breakfast buffet in the community room for a per person price (I think maybe it was $12), but that was all that was available. So just getting an order of bacon or some individual item at breakfast wasn't possible. And the store next to the community room is very small and has very little selection of food items - nothing really grab and go while we were there. So for breakfast, plan on the buffet, making it yourself in your room, or going off-site.

Concerning the 1BR, here's what you have from which to choose as there are only 21 1BRs available:
- In Bldgs 11 (Live Oak Lodge where you will check in) and 12 (connected to Bldg 11 as they share the only guest elevator on property), there are only 16 total 1BRs. Neither building is close to the pool, though it's a small resort so it's only a 5-minute walk, and a pretty one at that.
- Of the two buildings, neither guarantees you a nice view...if like most people "nice" means marsh view. Some of the rooms in either building will offer you partial or full water/marsh views. Most don't: however, all the views are lovely even if it's the interior of the resort as it is lushly landscaped.
- The rest of the remaining 5 1BRs are scattered throughout the resort, one each in Bldgs 16, 18, 19, 28, and 30. Each of these is closer to the pool than Bldgs 11/12, but not right next to the pool.
- The catch to these 5 rooms is each one sits under the master suite or kitchen of the 5 Grand Villas that are on property. Ergo, you will likely hear a great deal of noise since GVs usually have a) more people and b) more kids than other types of rooms. And only one of those 1BRs (Bldg 18) has a marsh view.
- For my money, I'd go with either Bldg 11 or 12 and request top floor. Your views will be good to very good and you won't have anyone on top of you. Obviously, requests are just that.
- For a more detailed look at the guest buildings, go to Page 1 of this thread where hhisc16 has provided a map of the resort.

Enjoy!
Thank you for the reply. This is very informative!

We were just there the second week of August. Although the activity sheet stated the Tide Me Over hours as 8-5, that's wasn't really true. Tide Me Over didn't open until 11. From 8-10 there was a breakfast buffet in the community room for a per person price (I think maybe it was $12), but that was all that was available. So just getting an order of bacon or some individual item at breakfast wasn't possible. And the store next to the community room is very small and has very little selection of food items - nothing really grab and go while we were there. So for breakfast, plan on the buffet, making it yourself in your room, or going off-site.
Thanks for the info! Do you know what’s on the buffet? Is it standard Disney buffet (waffles eggs hash rounds bacon sausage)?

Thanks for the info! Do you know what’s on the buffet? Is it standard Disney buffet (waffles eggs hash rounds bacon sausage)?
I poked my head in for a very brief look one day, and it looked pretty standard - saw waffles at least! The set up is not huge, nor is the room it's in, but it seemed like they had the basics of a breakfast buffet. I didn't see any staff in there for something like an custom order omelet station or anything like that. But my memory of the price was that it was pretty reasonable, so I wouldn't necessarily expect it. We never went because gathering everyone up to go sit down at a buffet for breakfast would have been more trouble than it was worth for us.

I poked my head in for a very brief look one day, and it looked pretty standard - saw waffles at least! The set up is not huge, nor is the room it's in, but it seemed like they had the basics of a breakfast buffet. I didn't see any staff in there for something like an custom order omelet station or anything like that. But my memory of the price was that it was pretty reasonable, so I wouldn't necessarily expect it. We never went because gathering everyone up to go sit down at a buffet for breakfast would have been more trouble than it was worth for us.
When you say "waffles," you are referring to "MICKEY" waffles, correct? I mean, how could they not? 8-)

Yes they had Mickey waffles. My sister did the buffet one day and she said they had regular, blueberry and red velvet Mickey waffles.
Oh my! That sounds wonderful and it seems I've read that it's $12 which sounds like a pretty good price. 10 days and counting!

Yes they had Mickey waffles. My sister did the buffet one day and she said they had regular, blueberry and red velvet Mickey waffles.
Wow! Did your sister recommend eating the buffet again?
We are going in October and may try it. We always enjoy eating breakfast at Tide Me Over!

Wow! Did your sister recommend eating the buffet again?
We are going in October and may try it. We always enjoy eating breakfast at Tide Me Over!
She said it was okay and wouldn't do it again. The eggs were very spongy, spongier than the ones they serve at the parks. Food also ran out very quickly and CMs were slow to replenish it. Waffles were completely gone by 9:15 (buffet closes at 10). You do get a wristband for the buffet and you can bring your food outside the Community Hall, so she was able to bring us waffles to try. The blueberry ones only had a very small taste of blueberry. It's not very noticeable.

She said it was okay and wouldn't do it again. The eggs were very spongy, spongier than the ones they serve at the parks. Food also ran out very quickly and CMs were slow to replenish it. Waffles were completely gone by 9:15 (buffet closes at 10). You do get a wristband for the buffet and you can bring your food outside the Community Hall, so she was able to bring us waffles to try. The blueberry ones only had a very small taste of blueberry. It's not very noticeable.
Interesting to hear.
If the buffet is there in October, we will try it only if Tide Me Over is not serving normal/traditional menu breakfast.
Thank you for the information!

We'll be there in November, and frankly I hope that they're not doing the buffet. It's a great price for those that would use it, but I eat very little for breakfast-just a cup of coffee (from the pot we make) and yogurt or a muffin, not both. A few breakfast items will go on our Kroger list.

Im so confused ab this breakfast buffet. Since when and why did they start doing this instead of the regular am options at Tide Me Over?

Im so confused ab this breakfast buffet. Since when and why did they start doing this instead of the regular am options at Tide Me Over?
So I am the one that mentioned this above - it was a data point from the week I was there, 8/6-8/14. It could have been a one-off during that week since other people seem to be saying Tide Me Over itself is usually open for breakfast items. Maybe someone who is there this week could clarify!

So I am the one that mentioned this above - it was a data point from the week I was there, 8/6-8/14. It could have been a one-off during that week since other people seem to be saying Tide Me Over itself is usually open for breakfast items. Maybe someone who is there this week could clarify!
Well I got curious and just gave the front desk a quick call. Right now it is still only breakfast buffet with Tide Me Over not open until 11. I asked if that was a permanent change, and the CM said they weren't sure, but they hadn't heard of any specific end date. So who knows; it could change next week or next month! But right now, it is still only buffet for breakfast hours.

So, it looks like we'll be heading to the French bakery at Shelter Cove for breakfast when we don't want to eat in the room :). I mean, we were probably going to do that anyway, but we have on occasion picked up something from Tide Me Over. The buffet doesn't sound too appealing, so a nice morning stroll over the bridge will be on the agenda.

Well I got curious and just gave the front desk a quick call. Right now it is still only breakfast buffet with Tide Me Over not open until 11. I asked if that was a permanent change, and the CM said they weren't sure, but they hadn't heard of any specific end date. So who knows; it could change next week or next month! But right now, it is still only buffet for breakfast hours.
You know what would make this the ultimate Disney event? Character breakfast with Pluto! Then, they could charge $50 per person! :rotfl2: pirate:

You know what would make this the ultimate Disney event? Character breakfast with Pluto! Then, they could charge $50 per person! :rotfl2: pirate:
Shhhh! Don't give them any ideas. That's one thing I like about HHI-eating on the island, even though it's a tourist destination, is usually far less expensive than WDW.

I get to eat with our Hound, A Black and Tan Coon Hound, every day for free. Sorry, don’t like your idea! :) I even get to share my lox with him!
1661376409305.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter