• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How fast it all changed.

Prayers and hugs to you and your family.

Humor, even dark helps. After my mom passed, my SIL and I were tasked with picking out her burial clothes. Going through her closet was a trip down memory lane. We laughed, we cried and even joked about various outfits. We picked out a lovely skirt and blouse with a gorgeous jacket. Then all of a sudden I burst out laughing. My mom always commented that she would not be caught dead without a slip under her skirt or dress. So yep, we made sure she had a slip! At the viewing, my dad thanked us for our choice and commented that the outfit was an $800 custom made suit from their trip to Japan. My SIL and I looked at each other and commented on our great taste and knew she’d go to heaven looking fabulous! (No worries, no one in the family could have worn that suit anyway. Mom was very tall and lean. No one inherited her build)

I’ve admired your strength through this, but don’t be surprised by a sudden sense of loss and crying jags at the oddest moments. There is no proper way to grieve. Just do what is best for you and your kids.

I am so sorry.

For what it's worth, just from reading your posts it sounds like you've been the most incredible wife, partner, advocate, nurse, protector, and mother over the past 35 days. You've handled one of the most difficult situations I could imagine with such grace, strength and care for your husband. Now that he is at rest, I hope you will be surrounded by others ready to take care of you like you've taken care of your husband and kids. I wish there were more I could do than pray and post condolences, but I hope you know that your family's journey has impacted us and I will carry your story with me for a long time. I will continue to pray for you and your children in the days to come.

So very sorry for your loss. Praying for peace, strength and comfort for you and your family.

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband and father. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts.

I'm so sorry for your loss and the incredible pain you and your children are feeling. I hope realizing that Buddy is at peace and no longer suffering can bring you some peace:grouphug:.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure he is so proud of his family. My prayers are with you all.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure he is so proud of his family. My prayers are with you all.

While my mind was wandering, I was thinking about rodeo's posts from today and that thought popped into my head. In the weeks, months and even years ahead there may be times when you get on each others nerves. You can look back at this time, and know that when it really mattered you know you and your husband raised two really great children.

My deepest condolences. We're never ready when we do lose a new one. :hug: Many of us here are thinking of you and have you in our thoughts and/or prayers.

My words just don't seem like they would be enough, but my deepest sympathy to you and your children.

I don’t normally post much but I have been reading since you started this thread. I am heartbroken for you and your children and I am so sorry for your loss. May your husband rest in eternal peace.

I'm so sorry Rodeo, such a painful road you and the family have had to travel. My heart goes out to you all. You will be in my prayers.

I am so sorry for your loss and wish you and your family peace as you try and figure out the new "normal".

I lost my mom at the end of Feb to brain cancer. She passed away almost year after she was diagnosed. I tried my best to prepare myself for what we knew was coming but once it happened I realized you can never actually prepare yourself. Now I am just trying to figure out what my new normal life is without my mom.

My heart is breaking for you and your children, Rodeo. I've logged on every day since your first post and as they days went on I dreaded the day this news would come. I hope you have felt the love and support everyone here has been sending your way from all corners of the world.

You mentioned in your last post that this has been a place of sanity for you where you can just let everything out and I hope you'll keep finding that comfort here. I hope you also know just how much you have given to all of us by letting us share your family's journey over this past month. Your grace and courage and dedication to your husband has been a model and an example for us all. Your care for your children and your respect for the way they each needed to deal with this horrible situation has also impressed me so much. Thank you for letting us walk alongside you during this difficult time. Thank you for showing us what grace in the face of real tragedy and sadness can be. You are an inspiration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter