How long is your daily commute?

30 minutes each way, but it's almost all highway with little traffic because I live in a rural area. I use the time to listen to podcasts or sing along to the radio and see how many weird looks I can get from other drivers.

Just under 10 minutes if I leave home by 7am. After that time, it could sometimes take 30 minutes with all the other traffic and school buses on the road.

In the morning...about 40 minutes and in the afternoon just under an hour.

Local office is 3 miles way. Depending on the time of day and how lucky I am with the red lights, it takes from about 10 to 20 minutes.

I go to the company HQ three or four times a month. That's at least a 45 minute ride, often longer.

45 minutes each way, average. But I have leave at an ungodly hour in the morning to get that. If I left at normal hours, it would probably be closer to an hour and a half.

I now work from home, so my commute is approximately 5 seconds. Occasionally I'll go work from a coffee shop to break up my day, but I'm quite content being home. Prior to this, I've had commutes that ranged from 20 minutes-2 hours, some just via car, some just train, some a combo of train + subway. None were particularly pleasant, as even the shorter drives always involved heavy traffic (thanks, Connecticut).
When I took public transportation I read, surfed the net, or closed my eyes and just rested if the night before was a late one. When I drove, I listened to podcasts or just my iPod. Could not stand the radio.

I'm 4.5 miles from work. Usually takes 15--20 minutes but I cut thru a sub division so I drive slower. No traffic but its residential so speed limit is like 20mph. Before I transfered back to this location, I was driving 50-60 minutes each way. I didn't mind the drive as like another poster said it was my 'me' time.

1 1/2 to 2 hours each way to downtown Chicago. I take a train, and then have a 35 minute walk from the train station to work. And back again.

Been doing it for nearly 8 years now. With the kids out of the house, I'd love to move closer to the city -- DH's not entirely convinced.

Walk 35 minutes in Chicago, especially during winter? No thanks!
You must really love your job, or it pays a ton, lol!

My commute varies a lot--from 15 minutes to hours. My company pays for anything over 30 minutes or 30 miles, though. So while my commute is often hours, it's hours that are on the clock (which can make for long days and occasional overtime).

Last year I sold my business making me officially retired at this point (still looking for a new opportunity....retirement is not sitting well with me). Prior to the sale my commute was a few minutes walk to the kitchen for a hot cuppa and back to the living room where I plopped in front of the 'puter screen for any day I dinna have an offsite meeting.
I could have exceptionally good professional convos in my pjs.

For the last 10 years I had a commute of about 7 minutes each way for my full time job. Now that I've "retired" and work part time, I commute 25 minutes each way for a lot less money! Definitely worth it, but I still find myself getting irritated on days I run into traffic and it takes longer.

I used to have a 40-45 minute commute on a rural highway, it was a nice drive. I found it a great way to wake up with my coffee before heading in, and to decompress from a rough shift on the way home.

Currently, my office is two blocks from my house. If I worked in the office, I would walk to work daily.
But that's just where my day starts. Most days involve about 1.5-2.5 hours of driving between appointments. But, like the last job, it's mostly quiet country roads, so I enjoy the time to relax between visits.

My commute is about an hour each way. When I work weekends I can usually get there just under an hour. When I work my usual 7 to 7 I can get there in a little over an hour since I leave at 545. I don't mind the drive too much but I think I've just succumb to it and figured out how to make it work for me since I've been doing it for 11 years. Although now that I have a baby the drive home frustrates me because I want to do is that sweet smile at the end of the day. I did consider changing jobs after I went three days without seeing him but it's not every night and I love my job, so i guess I'm there for another 11 years.

Walk 35 minutes in Chicago, especially during winter? No thanks!
You must really love your job, or it pays a ton, lol!

I do love my job and it does pay a ton, but I also weigh a ton. Walking for exercise. Up until September, I'd take a bus. But I figured it takes the same amount of time, and I can get some steps in to and from.

Depending on the time of year, it takes me 45 minutes to an hour and a half to drive the 35 miles to work. There isn't any means of public transit from where I live to where I work.

I pass the time in the car by listening to podcasts or audiobooks.

2 1/2 hours each way. Driven to commuter rail. Walk to subway. Subway downtown. Walk to next train. Path train to NJ. Walk to office. I do this Monday to Thursday and can work at home on Friday. My commute used to be 1 1/2 hours each way on the commuter rail to Grand Central but my company moved in June. I'm retiring next year and love what I do so there was no sense in finding another job.
OMG so is mine! This is why I am on Dis abd FB all the time. Though I only go in 2x sometimes 3x a week. It’s crazy. I usually skeep on train home. 40 drive to train 1.20 in train. Change to subway/bus to office. Driving can be faster 1:45. But employer had train passes discounted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter