Hurricane Irma?

Our package has been removed fro My Disney Experience but still haven't been refunded. I am not sure how long it takes to receive a refund. Was told 3-5 days then 7-10 days and then yesterday was told it could be even longer due to the storm. How long did it take for you to receive a refund and did you receive all of it?

Calm down i am sure they are very busy in this unique situation and working with a reduce staff. I am sure WDW will get you the credit!! Its probably not their biggest priority right now, they might be diverting their resources to preparing the park for this significant weather event.

Our package has been removed fro My Disney Experience but still haven't been refunded. I am not sure how long it takes to receive a refund. Was told 3-5 days then 7-10 days and then yesterday was told it could be even longer due to the storm. How long did it take for you to receive a refund and did you receive all of it?

We routinely tell everyone that refunds will take 4-6 weeks (we are not Disney) because in times like this there are so many to process. I have no doubt you will get your refund, but would not be surprised if it takes 3-4 weeks under the circumstances. If you haven't seen anything by four weeks, it would be reasonable to follow up at that time.

I'm at WDW now. Just got the alert on my phone that we're now in a warning, no longer just a watch. Flew in on Tuesday when it was still "it will probably go north", landed to "well now it will hit Florida dead on". That was after a 3 1/2 hour delay at the airport. I should have known then.

I'm staying. I couldn't get a flight out earlier than my planned one on 9/12, I'm here by myself, and driving home takes 15 hours in good traffic. I don't even want to think how long it would take in this traffic. I have several bottles of water hoarded, as well as snacks and actual food. I'm at ASMo, so not the safest, but it could be worse. Room is top floor, as near to the center of the building as possible. I don't want to switch to the bottom floor, but I'm wondering if the second floor might be safer? Or is it better to see if I can move to a more enclosed resort? Has anyone here had any luck doing that?

Honestly I'm not too stressed about it. I know it will be bad, the hurricane definitely has been bad, but being here is better than risking getting stranded on the road? Or crashing driving back from exhaustion. Heck knows there won't be any hotels with open space until far from here. So mostly I'll just be staying locked in my room and dealing with it as best as I can.

It must be pretty hard to be there by yourself, but I'll bet you'll find yourself making pals with the folks that are in your hotel. This type of thing usually serves as a pretty quick bonding experience. I hope you'll be able to let us know from time to time how you're doing!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. =D

(I'm sure FB does some good somewhere, but I only ever hear about it when people are fighting, families are being ripped apart due to political posts, kids getting cyber bullied (although I guess they're mostly using other platforms now), ugly ugly comments and fights on news articles, FB groups with enormous drama, lawsuits, etc. Plus people think it's open season now to pass judgement on friends, family and strangers alike, like the post that kicked this tangent off. A poster's own sister shamed her on FB for being disappointed about canceling her trip. That conversation probably wouldn't have happened in real life. In real life we are more likely to remember that someone can feel bad about canceling a trip and feel bad about a hurricane's destruction at the same time.)

Personally, I'm very grateful for Facebook as we will be able to keep in contact with my sister as she sits through this hurricane while we are on the other side of the world! She has set up a Facebook message group with us, her roommates and her roommates' families so they can take turns updating all of us without depleting phone battery too much. I think that's pretty amazing!

My credit card was used for about 80 percent of my bill. It definitely takes several days for a refund to be posted. With any business, the system "charges" our cards immediately, but it always takes several days for the reversal to occur. If it has been removed from MDE, it appears the process has been started.

A friend has guilt tripped me enough into maybe cancelling my trip that starts the 17th. He said to go down there would be to interfere with the recovery efforts and keep cast members from their families. Can't say he isn't wrong.

I'm supposed to fly down on the 15th. I'm not cancelling now. I was there for Matthew and it turned out fine for the WDW. The same could happen with Irma.

I was able to get my package moved from 9/10-9/14 to 9/12-9/17 but this is not not reflecting in MDE. I made the change yesterday by phone. ANy ideas when it will update?

A friend has guilt tripped me enough into maybe cancelling my trip that starts the 17th. He said to go down there would be to interfere with the recovery efforts and keep cast members from their families. Can't say he isn't wrong.

Most of the cast members will want to get back to work. If the crowds are lighter than expected. Disney will not hesitate to lay off workers. If you want to go, go ahead, if you want to cancel, cancel. But don't think you are doing it for the cast members.

Good grief! Why didn't you combine those cards?! I suspect they will combine them to several cards. Each card has a max of $1000 normally.
one of the many useful things I've learned from these boards. So easy to do on Disneygiftcards.com

Might as well wait and see what happens. I'll reverse his logic... tourism is floridas #1 resource if everyone doesn't go then we are taking money out of pockets of people who need it the most. (I don't have a trip until nov this is not self serving reasoning.) If Orlando needs weeks to get normal then maybe he is right. If it's a one to two day cleanup then you aren't helping to assure cm's get scheduled back to work.

Always two sides if not more to everything.

We can learn a lot from Houston and the main goal was/is returning to normal as quick as possible. Very important for every city's economy.

I was miracualously able to get my sister (a CP) on a flight to Detroit (we are from Cleveland) tomorrow afternoon. I'm 99% positive delta added a flight to get people out. Praying it takes off as scheduled and she can get home to us.... Curious on what DISers think on here about this. My mom is part of the parents group for the current CPs. A mom went off earlier today saying all CPs who left should be terminated. Around 100 parents agreed with that and said they are so proud of their son or daughter for staying and being able to work for Disney when it reopens and not have to fly back (not the ride out crew). I just thought that statement was absolutely crazy!!! We all love Disney but WHO KNOWS what this storm is going to do and tons of parents are criticizing everyone who left to be safe with their families. Am I wrong for not jumping on getting the flight for my sister? Her roommates are also refusing to take her to the airport because they don't think she should leave.

What is a CP?

Please if you guys could send thoughts and prayers for st martin where my family is. They and everyone else were not able to get out before Jose hits tonight as the airport was destroyed and the waves were too choppy to evacuate by boat. These islands are thankful south of the Jose eye and Jose is headed out to sea. I know it's not Disney but we are headed there later this month so I have been following this thread. Please stay safe, they have lost everything and I pray Florida does not get hit as hard

I've been praying for the people of SXM for the last few days. I've been researching that area for a few months as we plan and upcoming cruise and I feel like I "know" the island now, and have been horrified at what they've endured. I'm praying Jose stays away from a direct hit.

they just interviewed some people on the news that are saying they know a lot of people actually sheltering in Disney so they didn't want o miss their trip and talked to" many" people who were there for the last and it wasn't that bad. i'm sorry i love this place and everything that comes with it, but to run into a burning forest just to get the hike in is nuts. they said it's the only time they could go. really? never again? i just think it's careless or i don't really know. i have been following this thread all week and it just amazes me. so many people i have met over the years that are still in rough shape texas. isn't that enough to not want to head to disney now?

i don't know to that family on the news this morning good luck and be well, but really. . .

i know come next week all those who did go i'm sure will be ok and will be like "oh it's wasn't that bad, see" but I wouldn't gamble on that one especially with my children my legacy in tow.

jim

I'm actually surprised that more Florida residents aren't flocking to WDW to ride out the storm. I would think being at Disney would be safer than a lot of homes.

My cousins are making their way up from Clearwater to SSR today. Seems like a good place to hunker down vs their 4th floor apartment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter