Hurricane Irma?

Don’t second guess yourself hope you were able to reschedule ... but really would you want to be stuck in a hotel room instead of being at the parks on the two days they are closed ?
I just peeked at the "people currently on-site" thread, and I'm afraid to ask this there. Are dogs allowed in Disney resorts now or is it just that everyone has "service" animals now? I might have misunderstood some posts.
i think Disney was gracious and allowed people to shelter with their pets.

So I just watched another update on the Keys- no electricity, no water, no internet - :scared1: .
People out walking dogs. It does seem (hopefully) they were spared the destruction that the Caribbean islands endured.
I'll venture to guess that constructions standards are slightly different.
That's one thing that sort of annoyed me with the media coverage (well, one of many, but a major one)
They keep comparing the damage done when a hurricane moved through in 1920 something, or something like that. Well, yeah, a hurricane in 1920 something would do tremendous damage to structures because they didn't build to the same requirements then. Many of the buildings, if not most, are built so much better you just can't compare what is going to happen. Now, that doesn't include trees, etc but buildings, yes. You can't compare storms and destruction

It's so amazing to me that Disney is allowing the pets onsite. That is really kind on their part.
I saw the governor mention in more than one address that they were strongly urging hotels to relax their pet policies during the hurricane. I noticed a lot of mention of treatment of pets during Harvey as well. I think they learned during Katrina that people will put their own lives at risk staying home with pets before they'll leave them behind.

So I think it's great.

I just don't want to stay in one of those rooms right away after the hurricane. ;)

I just peeked at the "people currently on-site" thread, and I'm afraid to ask this there. Are dogs allowed in Disney resorts now or is it just that everyone has "service" animals now? I might have misunderstood some posts.

In Florida when there's a state of emergency and/or evacuation, all hotels have to allow pets. They might charge a fee or something but they can't refuse due to a pet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter