Hurricane Irma?

People will try, though.

Some were trying to walk from Poly to GF for dinner during Matthew (curfew in place). However, the restaurants, which were on limited menus, were open for resort guests only.

Dining is gonna be roughest for people at the values I think.

Last year during Matthew, we grabbed sandwiches and soups from Earl of Sandwich. Good, filling food that was easy to reheat. If you're there now, get food NOW. Don't get in the mess that will be food distribution at the resorts. It was a madhouse last year.

Sandwiches or salads from Earl are always good. There's also Blaze Pizza and the newer locations as well, along with snacks from Goofy's.

Just make sure to be patient with the CM's both at DS and working food distribution at the resort. They've got what they have on hand and that's all they can really rely on.

Sandwiches or salads from Earl are always good. There's also Blaze Pizza and the newer locations as well, along with snacks from Goofy's.

Just make sure to be patient with the CM's both at DS and working food distribution at the resort. They've got what they have on hand and that's all they can really rely on.

Yeah I'm really hoping people are being good with the cast members. They've all been amazing so far and I hope unhappy guests aren't taking their frustrations out on them.

To figure out the "worst" locations for potential impacts during a hurricane you need to draw an arrow in the direction that the storm is moving and have that be the center of 4 quadrants. The upper right and lower left quadrants have the maximum vorticity and best chances of tornadoes and enhanced wind damage.

All the closet meteorologist on this board just make me smile. Regardless of where the eye of the storm goes, the tropical storm winds are going to be extending far from the center.
Hello to a fellow Nebraskan! :wave2:
While I'm high & dry here -- I have friends all up & down the FL penninsula. One in Key West has evacuated. Several in Tampa have evacuated. Some in Gainesville are still there. A few in the Orlando area, I'm not sure about.
To the rest of the board: I really appreciate all the info. I also have a friend in Oklahoma who has family in a WDW hotel right now & was really frantic yesterday on Facebook. I have been able to share quite a bit of info with her that I think has helped her have peace of mind.
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone.

They just had the national FEMA director on CNN who had just gotten out of a meeting with FL utility officials and he was cautioning that 5-6 million or more people could be without electricity for days due to this being a high wind centric storm.

Hello to a fellow Nebraskan! :wave2:
While I'm high & dry here -- I have friends all up & down the FL penninsula. One in Key West has evacuated. Several in Tampa have evacuated. Some in Gainesville are still there. A few in the Orlando area, I'm not sure about.
To the rest of the board: I really appreciate all the info. I also have a friend in Oklahoma who has family in a WDW hotel right now & was really frantic yesterday on Facebook. I have been able to share quite a bit of info with her that I think has helped her have peace of mind.
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone.
Another Nebraskan checking in- safe and sound in Omaha though. This thread has been so helpful for me- we fly in on September 30 assuming things aren't completely devastated, but I've got friends and loved ones throughout Florida. My Southern Florida friends did evacuate, but my friends in Tampa and Orlando didn't, so I'm keeping a close eye on things with them in mind.

We were scheduled to arrive 9/13 and have decided to cancel everything. Wether permitting we will rebook for 9/20-9/27 so I've been checking availability for flights hotels and car rentals for those dates and there has been a lot of availibilty and for a lot cheaper then I originally paid! Good luck hopefully u won't have to cancel!

Thanks, I had a look. There are a lot of rooms available at Universal Orlando that were gone before (meaning room types and AP rates) and the car rental place has "Emerald Aisle" available again, previously booked up. No savings I can grab but still makes me feel better about not getting bumped.

That was me - and we're staying at Pop, so walking around lobbies would entail a bit of an outdoor saunter ;)

Thanks - we have tons. Still a ridiculous number of dining credits left after using QS at Pop and Confectionary... they expire tomorrow lol. I suspect we'll end up not using them, as we don't have a way to get our uneaten stuff home.
Go to Pop and exchange 1qs for 3 snacks!!! The trsil nut mixes in the dhop are 1 snack. Stock up on wgat you can with credits

Not fair to tell people who have had a vacation planned for months not to come. Back off on that.

So purposely traveling into a dangerous situation is ok because people have been planning for months? That just doesn't make sense to me. The length of time that you've been planning doesn't change the very real fact that this hurricane could kill you or your family, and even if it doesn't, it could make life in Florida very uncomfortable for awhile.

I stand by my judgement of the Indiana family. They made a very irresponsible deicision and I hope it works out for them.

We are flying in Tuesday from the UK. I called my TA to see what we could do in regards to changing or cancelling, I was told to just head to the airport on Tuesday morning and I would be told then the state of my flight :sad2: if I cancelled I would lose all the money for the holiday as the company are only willing to change or cancel up to the 11th.

That seems a little ridiculous! You should push for a change or cancel if that's what they want. They should by no means be forcing you into a post hurricane zone if that's not what you want. I was able to get a full credit for my hotel, my Airbnb, my car rental and just waiting to rebook my flights with delta. Goodluck!

We left a day ago and were at the BC and we had rental.. I find it strange that there are no threads for guests offering to take others out for a food run... IF we were still there and I had that car and took a grocery run, I would have liked to offer those 4 other seats to other guests for a group grocery run.. Just an idea for anyone else still there with a car.

I have my own thoughts going to Orlando knowing this was in the region. Namely why? :scared: But I am still scarred from the misery of Sandy, both the storm and the aftermath. So that's just my opinion.

Regardless, there was no law or declaration against going down there, nor did WDW tell people not to come. Everyone has to take the information that they have and make their own decisions.

So purposely traveling into a dangerous situation is ok because people have been planning for months? That just doesn't make sense to me. The length of time that you've been planning doesn't change the very real fact that this hurricane could kill you or your family, and even if it doesn't, it could make life in Florida very uncomfortable for awhile.

I stand by my judgement of the Indiana family. They made a very irresponsible deicision and I hope it works out for them.
Yup. You are taking scarce resources from people who are fleeing their homes because it is too dangerous to stay. Common sense should tell you that 1) no vacation is worth putting you and your family in harms way and 2) the state is going to be in survival mode for the next couple weeks. You are causing more problems for the people who live and work there. It's selfish and stupid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter