Hurricane Irma?

Find a local station you like. I couldn't stomach the national "news" outlets .
Amen. During Katrina I heard some of the worst garbage from the national news people.
Example: Someone was talking about the streetcar on St. Charles Avenue being out of service and referred to it as "The streetcar named Desire".

Duh - That was a Tennessee Williams play. There once was a Desire Streetcar, but it stopped running in the 1940s.

Too many uninformed idiots with mouths running.

I was actually coming to ask if anyone had any verified information (so yes, I mean "real" news outlets, not random Facebook videos) about the situation in the Keys. All I could find was a video on CNN of reporters driving through some aftermath, but it seemed like it was Key Largo (very far from Key West).

I'm still trying to watch TWC but the sound of wind over the mics is really starting to grate.

To those of you who think it's time to start adding up accounts and deciding who was right or wrong in the debates about whatever, I suggest you wait until tomorrow.
From what I've seen come in from key West cell service varies and the Keys don't appear to have power. Still trying to find reports on Marathon as our webcam went out so who know what happened to our house and boat. I've ready anywhere from being 6 feet of water to the area being the hardest hit. I hear Coppit and Big Pine Key took quite a hit. So hard not knowing and seeing the damage to the places I love. Reports are slow coming in due to communication being down in a lot of places

I agree that it is not necessarily fear mongering to be realistic about the damage a hurricane can do. I get nervous when I see people who are not taking the storm seriously.
I think everyone is relieved that the storm is weakening, but it might have turned out a different way. There were people on this thread who were quite sure that the hurricane was going to go up the eastern coast. It hasn't even passed over Orlando yet so we still don't know exactly what damage it may cause.

From what I've seen come in from key West cell service varies and the Keys don't appear to have power. Still trying to find reports on Marathon as our webcam went out so who know what happened to our house and boat. I've ready anywhere from being 6 feet of water to the area being the hardest hit. I hear Coppit and Big Pine Key took quite a hit. So hard not knowing and seeing the damage to the places I love. Reports are slow coming in due to communication being down in a lot of places

My folks used to live in Marathon, they were on the gulf side on a canal. During Wilma I think their house took about 8-10' of storm surge (it was up on stilts so basically "ok") and their cars & RV were totaled. I know this probably is not welcome info, but since you mentioned Marathon I figured I'd tell you. Hope things work out for you.

I think this is an incredibly insensitive and unnecessary comment. You do realize had Irma not sat over Cuba for as long as it did, she would have landed in Florida as an extremely powerful category 4/5 hurricane. Have you seen the devastation in Northern Cuba? That could have easily been Florida. Also this hurricane is not over yet. Images are only just coming in from the Florida Keys and who knows what destruction has been left behind. Who knows what destruction she will still cause. With hurricanes you prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I grew up in the Caribbean, my family is still there, most of my country (not all) was thankfully spared. But so many in the Caribbean have lost so much. Have a little perspective and be thankful you haven't lost your home, business or a loved one.

It's a Disney message board. She feels sad her trip was cancelled. It's fine. It's not taking anything away from the concern for others.

Strongest of the storm is passing over me right now. Thankfully it's weakened considerably but still without power probably until another 24-48 hours. A lot of people also without water as well.

Storm surge still a threat to areas though. Luckily the estimated 15ft of water in some areas has gone down some.

I'm really curious about this. At the height of the storm when the wind is blowing, how are people getting their pets out to do their business?

Inquiring minds want to know.....

During Sandy my poor pup wouldn't go down the stairs from the deck to do her business well before the storm started but after the first round of flooding. We even tried taking her out on a leash. As far as I know She held it for at least 24 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter