I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what makes me feel special... having ALL. THE. POINTS. šŸ˜ƒ I donā€™t need a metal card or a pretty card...I just need a card thatā€™s putting 15% back in my pocket with every swipe. I love being a churner lol.

oh and cuddling... that also makes me feel special.
The likes. ALL.THE.LIKES.
Still not working for me. šŸ™ I'm going to try to install the app on our iPad tonight. DD5 is the only one who is happy about having a 3rd 35% off Olive Garden offer, lol. Hoping for the BJs offer!
Do you log on to the website on your iPad? I use safari on iPad and can see the Chase offers. Most of the time. Sometimes they just arenā€™t there, but if I log off and check back later, they are usually there.

In general, for a bank bonus that requires ā€œdebit card transactionsā€ do they count ATM withdrawals or just purchases?

iKvNrsk.jpg
Now that I know it is worth some money I will dust it off.

DH filled out both last year and I've never heard him swear as much in our 24 years as he did that one weekend. Fortunately her merit scholarships don't require it for her subsequent years so it was a one and done for undergrad!

It's the lounge access I worry about if they're introducing the new card. I can see "regular" plats having their hours excluded or curtailed even more...that might end the plat love for me, tbh.
For me also, love the lounge access. I doubt I would renew if I lost that benefit. That would be a bonus for amex though, I'm pretty sure they lose money on me. Although I have been mindful of putting more spend on it lately. I am now using it for my monthly 14.99 UConnect fee ;)

Edit- The $75 statement credit isn't on the Performance Biz card. The Performance Biz has GE/TSA pre credit instead with the 4 upgraded boarding positions. Thanks for the catch @alryan ! For people with the Priority card (personal) that does have a $75 credit:
The $75 statement credit can be used on anything Southwest - booking a cash flight, EBCI, taxes and fees, to even a GC.(excluding Upgraded Boardings and inflight purchases) You should able use it to buy upgraded boarding also.

There is a separate benefit for upgraded boarding reimbursement, up to 4 upgrades per year. Each leg would be a separate upgrade if you have to reboard the plane. The upgraded boarding, where you buy at the gate to get into the leftover 'A' positions, is only available at the gate and not guaranteed to be available.

I remember seeing this earlier and was just coming to correct you about the $75 credit but I see you did it already! I was just reading my SM they sent me when I asked a question about the $75 resetting. So just restating to clarify in case someone else also read it before you corrected. I had no idea in flight purchases such as beverages didnā€™t count.

Priority card to make Southwest purchases, such as flights, up to an annual* maximum of $75. This credit will reset on the first statement date after your anniversary. Any eligible purchases posted to your account after that will go toward next year's Southwest annual travel credit. The credit doesn't include Upgrading Boarding purchases and inflight purchases, such as Wi-Fi and beverages.

The likes. ALL.THE.LIKES.
I need the likes tonight... šŸ˜ž šŸ˜ž šŸ˜ž šŸ˜ž

We lost... 41-30 in the semifinals. Super super bummed... The score turned on 2 plays midway through the 4th quarter, went from 30-28 to 41-30 in a matter of seconds... We led the entire game... Don't mind me, I'll just be mourning the rest of the weekend! If Penn State loses tomorrow I'll probably just curl into a ball, lol.

Honestly tough, Itā€™s just a tough night for me, I just love this team so much. Iā€™ve been at 96 of the past 97 games. I basically spend 30% of all of my Fridays over the past decade at a SF game. I bleed green and white and to see us lose the way we did...it hurts. We lost this game...the other team didnā€™t win, we gave it away with mistakes. And thatā€™s a tough pill to swallow... Love my lions though šŸ¦ šŸˆ šŸ’š Just 41 weeks until the season starts!!!

On a related note, I've been busy this week and now with this I'm WOEFULLY behind on some DISchurners maintenance. I'll get everybody setup and added soon - if you PMed me don't worry, I'll get to it!

I don't even know what an e-sim is. I'm so technologically backward.
ROFL!!! The new iPhones are "dual sim" so you can have two numbers on one phone. Some people do a work number and a personal number, but I travel to the UK a lot so I use one for a UK sim, which is much much cheaper than using AT&T internationally. Basically, AT&T charged $10 A DAY, and the UK provider I use charges me Ā£8-10 A MONTH for 2-7 GB of Data, unlimited calls and texts, and I can top up with cash for cheap calls home. You can buy month-by-month so I just buy before I'm traveling. It's appalling how much we pay in cellular phone fees compared to other countries like the UK. It's so cheap here! To do this with one of the new iPhones, one of the SIMs needs to be electronic as there are not two physical slots. AT&T offers e-SIMs so it was easier for me to do that for my main line and keep the physical slot free for my UK GiffGaff SIM.

Depending on what the perks and bonus categories turn out to offer, it could be a way to consolidate keeping other high AF cards. If the card offered uncapped 4x or 5x in groceries, dining and travel, a substantial travel credit equivalent to the CSRs proportion of fee to travel credit, 2x or better on everything else uncapped, plus MR redemption equivalent or higher than CSR via UR portal with none of that wait a month to get 35% of the points back then it would be something to consider. I highly doubt Amex would take the time to consider why people keep the CSR and offer a real competitor but one can hope.

I would totally do this if they go the "one card to rule the world" route. I saw some talk about it on the blogs, but I'm not sure how grounded in reality it is. My DH would be so happy not to have to take out his cheat sheet every time he buys something, LOL.

No wooden box for me ā˜¹ but it did come in a nice blue cardboard box with a little recessed cut out for the card to gently lie in like the princess it is. šŸ˜‚ And do I feel special now? You bet I do. (This is a joke)

I don't think we've ever received a wooden box, including for DH's recent Schwab. Maybe we have and I accidentally threw them out :(

Check again! My app is magically fixed this morning. I have offers on all my cards now (before it never showed offers for the SW Premier) and I can view them all and switch between cards just like the personal login.

Got the BJs on all cards... Looks like the SW card will actually get a charge after MSR. :laughing:

Edit: update - biz offers showing on the desktop web site now too!

Still a no go for me. Will check again later.

Still not working for me. šŸ™ I'm going to try to install the app on our iPad tonight. DD5 is the only one who is happy about having a 3rd 35% off Olive Garden offer, lol. Hoping for the BJs offer!

Same here that it isn't working still. May try the iPad as well.

Though I did get Bed Bath Beyond as well as Walgreens on my personals.

I'm just looking through my work calendar seeing if I can slip a few days through without taking PTO for them... šŸ¤” I've been told a few times by admin that I have to put in 40 hours a week or fill it out with PTO (unless there is a work thing like the plant shuts down), otherwise beyond that is up to whatever rule that my manager or supervisor decides to enforce that week, basically. Frustrating... like if I work 3 12s this week and take 2 days off, I don't really want to take 16hrs of PTO. I don't need 12hrs of OT, I'd rather keep the PTO. If it's written policy that's one thing, but it changes based on whims. I had one supervisor who was fine with it, but if manager saw she would make us change it.

Then I got new supervisor who didn't want us to do that... we don't have flex time, she told me. Uh ok... and she was very upset with me that I wouldn't use an hour of my PTO one day when we shut the plant down for snow. When they made the call, day shift had already worked 6-7 hours anyways. That one hour is not going to make or break me, so I'd rather leave it in my PTO bank and this is a work thing I can take unpaid and I was going to do over 40hrs that week anyways so why would I use PTO? Now I will have 55hrs instead of 56... man was she mad about that. So she made me fill out the time card a specific way and then I got an angry call from the admin lady for doing it incorrectly, and telling me again I don't need to put unpaid or PTO or anything for that hour because I'm over 40 anyways.

Now I have another new supervisor/new manager... I did this twice in September :ssst: I think I've got another day or two to try it on too. Weeks where I'm going to take off a day or two at the beginning of the week, but still get 40 hours over the days I am working. And just to clarify, I'm not working extra hours to purposefully not take PTO, I'm scheduled to be here for them. So if I take a day off to run errands or for a trip, but still put in 48 hours that week, why should I have to use PTO? Not having a written policy for this messes with them already. We have someone who called yesterday with a death in the family - that is good for 5 consecutive days off, you can get 24 hours of leave for that. So he is off the 8th-12th now, with the weekend in there. But we had someone have a death about two months ago... He was upset because he wanted Fri-Sun off and they wouldn't pay out bereavement leave on the weekend even though he was originally scheduled to work. I agree with that because that would open a whole new can of worms. Are we going to make people start using PTO on running weekends? :scared: So he ended up coming in Fri-Sun and then taking Mon-Wed off... because they told him the bereavement pay could only be used on consecutive days. But apparently it's different now than it was in September?

Thanks both. This didn't even cross my mind when I booked the rental for DH tonight through Sunday :scared: And I'm sorry you are dealing with that claim nonsense! I hate how those things are dragged out :sad2:

I only thought of this last night while booking our rental for next weekend. Ugh. Usually DH likes to drive and I don't care so I don't fight him on it... hmm...

Yeah! I figured this is kind of a good chance to try it. We are normally open to close types, and like the flexibility of walking back to the hotel if the boat lines are long. But since this is one day of parks and we'll probably eat in City Walk after our Sea World day, I figured we could deal (really DH lol) and this would be a good time. It would be harder to talk DH into this over the others if it was a full Uni trip but it's so dang cheap! We've done Cabana Bay and Aventura and liked them both too, and they were really only $14 more a night pre tax.

ETA: Plus it will be close/easy to pick up the rental, which also swayed me.
IDK if this has been answered yet but I have booked using my CSR for DH's name, abd when he gets to the counter he has to use one of his own cc's with his name on it to swipe. SO technically it's not on my CSR,or under his name for insurance purposes. (I believe) But I can use UR's to book in his name if I want. They'll require a cc and license in his name at driveout time.

Three weeks till I get to WDW with my kids for the first time. Stupid CC question of the day. Magic band charges will code as travel on CSP correct? Figuring out which card I'm going to attach.

OT: Watching Princess and the Frog with the kids, makes me want to go to New Orleans.

Three weeks till I get to WDW with my kids for the first time. Stupid CC question of the day. Magic band charges will code as travel on CSP correct? Figuring out which card I'm going to attach.

OT: Watching Princess and the Frog with the kids, makes me want to go to New Orleans.
Anything you charge to your room with your magic band will code as travel on CSP, CIP, CSR, etc because it will be billed from the hotel :thumbsup2

Now I will have 55hrs instead of 56.
That is nuts. Essentially PTO for OT. My employer policy is exactly the opposite (although Iā€™m beginning to think itā€™s a manger thing not an actual policy) I work 24 hours per week (four 5 hour days, one 4 hour day) but Iā€™m usually there an extra 30-60 minutes per day. Iā€™m hourly, so get paid 27-28 hours per week, except when I have PTO. Then Iā€™m not allowed to go over 24 hours. So if I actually worked 23 hours and took a 5 hour PTO day off, they pay me 24 hours and use 1 hour PTO. Although we briefly had a supervisor who paid me for the hours worked plus all PTO. Once she left the same manager Iā€™ve always had is doing payroll and back to limiting to 24 hours...except last paycheck where it somehow snuck by with 30 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter