• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is nuts. Essentially PTO for OT. My employer policy is exactly the opposite (although I’m beginning to think it’s a manger thing not an actual policy) I work 24 hours per week (four 5 hour days, one 4 hour day) but I’m usually there an extra 30-60 minutes per day. I’m hourly, so get paid 27-28 hours per week, except when I have PTO. Then I’m not allowed to go over 24 hours. So if I actually worked 23 hours and took a 5 hour PTO day off, they pay me 24 hours and use 1 hour PTO. Although we briefly had a supervisor who paid me for the hours worked plus all PTO. Once she left the same manager I’ve always had is doing payroll and back to limiting to 24 hours...except last paycheck where it somehow snuck by with 30 hours.
That situation made me really mad/irritated, because my supervisor was so insistent on me using an hour of PTO. Why do you care???? I didn't do it still, which was within my decision as they closed our location early that day. Overall I wish they'd limit it back like yours... I'm not here because I need OT pay to live on, my base is fine so I'd rather keep the time in the bank. And we have to have a body in our lab every minute the plant is running, so that's what most OT comes from - weekends and covering when people are off. I'm not working 56 hours a week for fun, ya know? :confused3

My CitiPremier TY points SUB posted this week, 60k TYP. Plus I have a Sears card that earns TYP and they keep offering me more points for increased spend, so an extra 30k TYP posted on that account. I now have 117k TYP, more than my goal of around 105k for DLR tix. My Sears card offer is currently 20X points on restaurants, gas and groceries so I’ll keep accruing and maybe use those points for GCs

I need the likes tonight... 😞 😞 😞 😞

We lost... 41-30 in the semifinals. Super super bummed... The score turned on 2 plays midway through the 4th quarter, went from 30-28 to 41-30 in a matter of seconds... We led the entire game... Don't mind me, I'll just be mourning the rest of the weekend! If Penn State loses tomorrow I'll probably just curl into a ball, lol.

Honestly tough, It’s just a tough night for me, I just love this team so much. I’ve been at 96 of the past 97 games. I basically spend 30% of all of my Fridays over the past decade at a SF game. I bleed green and white and to see us lose the way we did...it hurts. We lost this game...the other team didn’t win, we gave it away with mistakes. And that’s a tough pill to swallow... Love my lions though 🦁 🏈 💚 Just 41 weeks until the season starts!!!
My condolences. I saw that on the news and thought of you. DH went to Penn State so he follows that also.

I'm not that invested in local football, but was happy to see PR blew out NA. My DDs played sports and I follow the field hockey and girls lacrosse more.

Some of you may recall that when I used my $250.00 Aspire credit towards my upcoming WA Maldives trip, I had to call AmEx and have them post the credit manually.

I just received my Hilton AmEx Aspire November statement and it shows that my $250.00 resort credit hasn't been yet been used this year. So the wheels started turning about how I could use this credit. I could go to Orlando for a night and stay at the WA Orlando for a quick trip to Magic Kingdom to take in all the holiday decorations. The only weekend this would work would be December 13th because I know for sure dh will be here to stay with dd (it's his annual holiday party -- I don't care if I miss it -- I'm a bit over it after 24 years of them). Or I could fly to NYC for a night (I still have the Delta GCs from the same card that haven't been used) and stay at the Conrad NY and do some holiday shopping! I'd love to take dd but she'll be in the middle of writing mid-term exams, so it would have to be a solo trip.

I'm counting my upcoming points on this card. Dh is having all of his out of town employees stay at the Embassy Suites for 2 nights (for the annual holiday party). I have given them my HH number and Hilton has a 3X points event running until January! So I will be getting a nice stack of points in December (maybe around 50,000 or 60,000). I'm thinking of asking his COO if somehow they can pay the invoice for everyone on my Aspire and reimburse me by check, but dh is so picky about accountability / transparency I'm not sure he will go for the idea. It doesn't hurt to ask I suppose.

I really LOVE this card!

Some of you may recall that when I used my $250.00 Aspire credit towards my upcoming WA Maldives trip, I had to call AmEx and have them post the credit manually.

I just received my Hilton AmEx Aspire November statement and it shows that my $250.00 resort credit hasn't been yet been used this year. So the wheels started turning about how I could use this credit. I could go to Orlando for a night and stay at the WA Orlando for a quick trip to Magic Kingdom to take in all the holiday decorations. The only weekend this would work would be December 13th because I know for sure dh will be here to stay with dd (it's his annual holiday party -- I don't care if I miss it -- I'm a bit over it after 24 years of them). Or I could fly to NYC for a night (I still have the Delta GCs from the same card that haven't been used) and stay at the Conrad NY and do some holiday shopping! I'd love to take dd but she'll be in the middle of writing mid-term exams, so it would have to be a solo trip.

I'm counting my upcoming points on this card. Dh is having all of his out of town employees stay at the Embassy Suites for 2 nights (for the annual holiday party). I have given them my HH number and Hilton has a 3X points event running until January! So I will be getting a nice stack of points in December (maybe around 50,000 or 60,000). I'm thinking of asking his COO if somehow they can pay the invoice for everyone on my Aspire and reimburse me by check, but dh is so picky about accountability / transparency I'm not sure he will go for the idea. It doesn't hurt to ask I suppose.

I really LOVE this card!

Where on your statement can you see that your resort credit wasn't used? My credit was pushed through too, so wondering if the same thing happened. Though who knows if they'd figure it out eventually and claw it back.

Did you get the AmEx Aspire newsletter yesterday? This is what it says at the bottom of mine:
View attachment 451406
I would check your account online before spending if you think you used it. Those newsletters are notoriously wrong.

ETA I guess the website is not super helpful either. Mine doesn’t say whether I’ve used my Resort credit. It does track airline credit but says I’ve used $94 when I’ve actually used $221

Last edited:
I am also behind in keeping up with the posts here but I believe a few people were talking about the FAFSA. It is a huge pain especially if you are not planning to take any of the loans that they will offer but one thing that can be helpful is qualifying for work-study. Some campuses give preference to work-study students for some pretty cushy jobs--one of my kids got paid to sit at a desk in the library and another was an usher for the theater performances. For science students (which mine were not), the positions can be even better, like lab techs.

Where on your statement can you see that your resort credit wasn't used? My credit was pushed through too, so wondering if the same thing happened. Though who knows if they'd figure it out eventually and claw it back.
Lol. I had thought of that but I am willing to take the risk -- just not sure if I can get away for a night before the end of the year (we already have plans to go home for Thanksgiving -- coming back Dec. 1st) and are at the Hard Rock guitar hotel on November 23rd.

Finally went to use some of my Staples offers today. Got 4 $15 Starbucks gift cards for Christmas gifts and 2 $200 VGCs. Still have the $25 off $100 Amex offer I need to use.

I’ve already done $4000 in serve loads over the last two weeks and now have another $1100 to load lol.

Looks like my CIP is in the mail today too. Still need to set up my JetBlue Biz acct online and do a couple bank bonuses I’ve been meaning to sign up for but haven’t had the time to!

I got this email from amex today about adding AU'ers to my personal gold card, which I've been planning to do anyways. But I'm confused by the email. Here's is part of it:

You’re moments away from sharing the experience of Card Membership, with a $0 annual fee for your first 5 Additional Gold Cards. Get Started
REASONS TO ADD A CARD MEMBER
Credit card icon
Add children 13 and older to your account to start teaching responsible spending habits and help children over 18 establish their own credit.​
Bar graph icon
You can set spending alerts and limits as low as $200 to help you keep track of Additional Card Member spending.3 Plus, charges for each Additional Card are separated on your monthly statement for easy expense tracking.​
Plate and utensils icon
When paying with the Gold Card at participating partners these credits can be earned on a monthly basis, up to $10 in statement credits. Enrollment Required.4​
Air travel voucher
Select one qualifying airline and then receive up to $100 per calendar year in statement credits when incidental fees, such as checked bags and in‑flight refreshments, are charged by one airline you selected to American Express® Gold Card.5​
American Express relies on accurate airline transaction data to identify incidental fee purchases. If you do not see a credit for a qualifying incidental purchase on your eligible Card after 4 weeks, simply call the number on the back of your Card. See terms & conditions for more details.​
The annual fee for up to 5 Additional Gold Cards is $0. Each Additional Gold Card after the first 5 Cards is $35.​

So, is this saying that the AU'ers get the dining and the airline credit as well??

[QUOTE="wendow, post: 61248472, membe

The annual fee for up to 5 Additional Gold Cards is $0. Each Additional Gold Card after the first 5 Cards is $35.​

So, is this saying that the AU'ers get the dining and the airline credit as well??
[/QUOTE]

I wish....... they can use the the airline and dining credit provided to the main card holder....but they do not get their own allocation as AU's sadly.

I wish....... they can use the the airline and dining credit provided to the main card holder....but they do not get their own allocation as AU's sadly.
[/QUOTE]

I’m an AU on my brothers gold card. If I purchase upgraded seats on AA (already have tickets), would that count? And my understanding is it resets each calendar year. So if I upgrade 2 seats in December could I then use the credit again in January to upgrade an additional seat?

[/QUOTE]
Thanks! That’s what I figured was the case but the wording confused me.

For those with the Harry & David offer on their AmEx, I received a Harry & David's catalogue in the mail today -- on the back cover is an offer for $20.00 off a purchase of $99.00 or more with a unique code (also on the back of the catalogue). I will definitely be using these offers -- too good to turn down!

For those with the Harry & David offer on their AmEx, I received a Harry & David's catalogue in the mail today -- on the back cover is an offer for $20.00 off a purchase of $99.00 or more with a unique code (also on the back of the catalogue). I will definitely be using these offers -- too good to turn down!

Promo codes don’t usually stack with the Shoprunner free shipping option.

I’ve had a rep help me manually apply a promo code I had forgotten to enter after submitting my H&D order (with Shoprunner) but I didn’t know at the time that promo codes and Shoprunner aren't supposed to stack (and the rep didn’t mention anything about it).

I really LOVE this card!

Was just texting with the COO and he said no problem using my Aspire for the staff to stay at the Embassy Suites in Boca :cheer2: :cheer2:. He said the deposit is due on Monday and he'll forward the paperwork to me to complete. With the Aspire free night certificate and the points from the holiday party I should have enough points for 2 nights at a nice Conrad or WA! Wish Marriott would model themselves after this card -- we can wish, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter