I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to believe her to this day, but I'm kinda gullible that way.

I'm guessing they mean within one year of when your flight would have been, rather than from the day you made reservations?

I hope that is what they mean. Here’s the wording:

• New tickets must be reissued on/before December 31, 2020 or 12 months from original ticket date, whichever is earlier
  • Rebooked travel must commence within 12 months from the original ticket issue date

I'm gonna wait at least two weeks to see how the situation changes. If it gets worse and formula really is extremely hard to come by, then I might buy some. Otherwise, I'll just wait and see if I actually need more than the samples I already have.
Go to the website of all the major brands of formula and sign up. They will send you samples and formula checks which are super helpful if you end up on this path as they are cash towards the formula and you can often use regular coupons along with them. My brother has a 15 month old and this is what they did. Any you don’t use, you can donate or trade the checks you don’t use for those you do.

Go to the website of all the major brands of formula and sign up. They will send you samples and formula checks which are super helpful if you end up on this path as they are cash towards the formula and you can often use regular coupons along with them. My brother has a 15 month old and this is what they did. Any you don’t use, you can donate or trade the checks you don’t use for those you do.
I actually just did this earlier!

So this is a cc question. I used the Amex 10% back at Lowe’s in January/February. Max was $100. We spent close to $3000 over the course of that time because of a kitchen remodel. Some of our purchases were returned- especially some of the early ones. I understand Amex may take back some of the credits on those. How will I tell if they did? Will it show up the same way the credits did, or will the credits just disappear? The thing is, even though we returned some of the earlier purchases we definitely would have maxed it out because we kept most of what we bought. We did return a microwave that was $249 that we earned 10% back on and a few other things. I just want to see that if the take back that credit, that they would issue it then on one of my later purchases that still fell within the offer timeframe. Does that make sense?

So this is a cc question. I used the Amex 10% back at Lowe’s in January/February. Max was $100. We spent close to $3000 over the course of that time because of a kitchen remodel. Some of our purchases were returned- especially some of the early ones. I understand Amex may take back some of the credits on those. How will I tell if they did? Will it show up the same way the credits did, or will the credits just disappear? The thing is, even though we returned some of the earlier purchases we definitely would have maxed it out because we kept most of what we bought. We did return a microwave that was $249 that we earned 10% back on and a few other things. I just want to see that if the take back that credit, that they would issue it then on one of my later purchases that still fell within the offer timeframe. Does that make sense?
I did that last year and never saw a clawback. When Amex clawsback it posts as a charge on the account, labeled “adjustment”

Churning question here..I am working on the SW companion pass. the minimum spend is almost complete with my SW personal credit card and I am ready to apply for the SW business Premier. Any tips on what I should put on the application? I did a test yesterday and not sure what I should say for business annual income?

Not even sure if I should try to work on the companion pass at this time? Are they approving new applications? Thank you all for your help!!!
I know you are a member of our DISchurners group - so I'd make sure you've read my FIRESIDE CHAT ON COMPANION PASS info to make sure you're utilizing the best strategy. :D You do have 2 business card options available here. If you don't have a cross-support link to use, please consider using one of the DISchurners links.
My SW second bonus from the oersonal card posted. I really need a n.v ew card for MSR but I am not ready for a 15K spend on CIP. I really need to think about what makes sense.
Just to make sure this is clear to everybody:

The NEW CIP public offer is 100,000 URs for $15k MSR (which many find to be difficult)
BUT
DISchurners still has links featuring the 80,000 UR for $5k MSR offer!!

We don't know how long those will last - they might stop working eventually so if you're up for a CIP app, don't delay and use cross-support (first option) or DISchurners support (2nd option) to snag a new card!
We met DH Amex spend with payment for a Royal Carribean cruise for early May. Since the chances of this cruise happening are pretty low, what happens if I get a refund for the cruise? Will Amex take back the points? His 3 month period to earn is still open. Do I need to make sure we charge enough to cover if we get a refund?
I am not sure if this will work or not, but I plan on telling the company I have a cruise booked with that I cancelled the card and I need a check for the refund. Hopefully this will work. If not I will definitely lose the points as there is no way I can meet the MSR any other way.
I really like the idea here by @*WDW*Groupie* - on anything refundable if you can (a) get a check or (b) have them refund it back to some other credit card - preferable one where you earn just 1cpp value and that way you don't mess up your MSR with Amex. If that's not possible...then I'd make up that spend ASAP and cross your fingers!

I have refreshed the following DISchurners Advanced Strategies Threads:

1) Chase Ink Preferred Discussion Thread
2) OTHER Advanced Strategies and Loopholes Discussion Thread

At this time I have elected NOT to refresh the Citi AA discussion thread. The loophole is closed, the shutdowns seem to have stopped, and it's probably time to move on from that one. IF you have anything pertinent to discuss please discretely discuss here or use the OTHER thread above. Thanks!

Well DISchurners friends... here we are in the midst of what might just be the craziest event any of us have ever lived through. For brief moments of the day, I'm able to forget what's going on around me and just live in that moment. BUT eventually my mind turns to so many things that I've missed, will miss, might miss, and hope not to miss. And so that's my topic for this evening:

Make a list of all the things you're looking forward to...big and small...and elaborate if you want! Feel free to list 1 thing or 100 things - post it here! Then let's spread the loves and the likes! Hopefully thinking about what's at the other end of all of this can help get us through!

Hilton just cancelled our stay at the Conrad in April. Hotel is closed. I was going to canvel anyway, but I am worried about our free night certificate getting lost in the shuffle. I'll figure it out.

Crazy that a month ago I was so excited about our surprise Disney weekend (this weekend), NYC next month, AK in the summer...

Well DISchurners friends... here we are in the midst of what might just be the craziest event any of us have ever lived through. For brief moments of the day, I'm able to forget what's going on around me and just live in that moment. BUT eventually my mind turns to so many things that I've missed, will miss, might miss, and hope not to miss. And so that's my topic for this evening:

Make a list of all the things you're looking forward to...big and small...and elaborate if you want! Feel free to list 1 thing or 100 things. Hopefully thinking about what's at the other end of all of this can help get us through!
For me there's many things on my "list". I know some of these may seem insanely trivial - but I think that's what's beautiful about our differences. What's important to some might mean nothing to others and vice versa.
  • Attending a South Fayette Football game - season starts Aug 28th! I can endure a lot of things...but I'm really glad this didn't happen during HS football season as I might have been despondent.
  • My next beach vacation - scheduled for June (Captiva - my family) and July (Myrtle Beach - my wife's family) this summer. I really hope those don't have to get cancelled.
  • Going out to dinner with my parents - I just miss seeing them and hanging out with them.
  • Seeing my sister - She lives in Philly and I don't see any in person visits happening anytime soon.
  • Getting my kids back to school and their friends - Whether that's in April, or May, or Fall
  • Next year's March Madness - I've been deprived of MY Christmas Day (what I commonly refer to the first Thurs of March Madness as)
  • Seeing Disney World reopen - I check the app and twitter a lot daily for WDW related content. It makes my day go by...and seeing it closed makes me sad every time!
  • My next Disney World trip - tentatively scheduled for MLK week 2021.
  • Playing Basketball again - my 3x a week games are all cancelled right now and I'm missing a chance at one of the few forms of exercise I enjoy
  • Playing some Golf - which I probably can do soon when it warms up. I hope the courses are open and it seems like an area where I can maintain social distance.
I think that's sort of it for now. These are the things I'm currently most looking forward to. Hopefully others will share their lists! We'll get through this friends - hopefully sooner rather than later!!

Make a list of all the things you're looking forward to...big and small...and elaborate if you want! Feel free to list 1 thing or 100 things - post it here! Then let's spread the loves and the likes! Hopefully thinking about what's at the other end of all of this can help get us through!
Honestly, things haven't been all bad here. Or maybe that's my weekend talking! We've been spending tons of time as a family and hanging (outside, 6ft apart) with neighbors. Doing a lot of hiking. We got supplies for some gardening projects and to redo our patio, so our weekends in isolation should be productive.

Last week was insane, working and having the kids here. I hope we get into a groove this week. I've resigned myself that we will probably have a shelter in place period. I'm coming to terms that the kids may be home with us through the summer. I'm not even sad that DDs recital and both kids soccer has been cancelled. Mentally I'm in a good place.

I hope that this passes so we can go to WDW in Oct, and possibly get away this summer.

In light of a probable shelter-in-place order in my area coming sometime tomorrow, I'm looking forward to...

- Seeing my little fledgling herb garden grow even more now that the weather is warming and we are getting more rain
- Getting my house more clean and organized than its ever been in the 7 months we have lived here
- Spending more time with my DH just relaxing at home
- *Eventually*, going to the CO mountains for a relaxing week with my family
- Hopefully, for my 30th, going to Universal with my mom
- Hopefully, for his 60th, going to Galaxy's Edge with my dad
- One day, flying to Japan with my DH in first class on points!

Things I'm looking forward to:
1. Seeing our little guy born in about a month
2. Taking him to wdw for his first visit (whenever that will be)
3. Seeing my parents (hopefully coming two weeks after he's born)
4. Flying to Iowa to see family in July
5. Seeing my brother, SIL, and their two boys
6. Booking first class seats to Japan with ANA for next year
7. Being able to go outside freely and not worry about getting sick or getting someone else sick

Last edited:
I'm up early today, anxious given I need to head into work. If anyone has extra hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, masks (look in your garage, basement, craft area for N95 masks), please consider offering them to healthcare workers you know. I spent hours looking for N95 masks-online and phone calls and came up with nothing. My parents checked their garage and found a few that I'm so thankful for. In my area everyone is reusing these masks that are not made to be reused. Continue to make the sacrifice of staying home, avoiding any and all get togethers, and social distancing. This is not easy for anyone and we have a long road yet to go, but we will get through this together.

-throwing a baby shower that I had to cancel, it was supposed to be this upcoming Sunday.
-going to my gym and getting back to my normal routine.
-walking around target.
-planning travel...everywhere :)
-first trip for baby (see above) to Disney world.

JetBlue is taking the same line as United that they do not refund for cancelled flights. https://viewfromthewing.com/airline...elled-flights/comment-page-1/#comment-5023773

Not only that but I could not cancel upcoming Jetblue flights online. I had to call and the wait time was stated to be over an hour. So I put in an online request to cancel which will be responded to within 30 days (flights are Easter weekend). It would be so much easier for everyone if they would just allow the cancellations online.

I booked Oct SW flights when they opened the schedule the other day; the fares were great. I checked yesterday the flights were no longer available. The ones that are available are very expensive - more than typical Thanksgiving fares.

Last edited:
I found out that one of the Shell GCs I bought online from BB for an Amex offer was never activated. I called BB twice and they say there's nothing they can do since it's been more than 30 days. I was told to visit a store to see if they can activate it, but there's no guarantee. Visiting a store is not really an option given what's going on. BB has no email customer service, only chat & phone. I tried chat several times yesterday but never got an agent. I'll keep trying, but I'm wondering if I'm really just out of luck like the CS reps told me in not so many words. I'm not too confident in the reps since one of them told me he was googling how to activate a card and asked if I had tried that! I did confirm with Shell that the card was not activated. I think there's even evidence on my receipt since it shows only the first few digits from this card but shows like 16 digits for the others. If I can't get anyone at BB to help me, would Amex offer any protection?

Things I'm looking forward to -
A calmer society
DS getting accepted to college
Going back to church
Fresh vegetables from my garden
More "normal" grocery shopping experiences
Things not getting canceled

Being able to go outside freely and not worry about getting sick or getting someone else sick

This is number 1 and immediate

also, seeing my grandchildren as often as possible

getting through another year so that I can see family again next February in Orlando as we grow older and our days of being able to do this seem to have quickly dropped into possibly the single digits

I look forward each morning to the wonderful personalities on this thread who have woven it into something other than just a financial opportunity but at the same time, give helpful advice and stay in tune with the core idea of 'I Love Credit Cards' for travel and other pursuits.

-DD's senior year in high school
-College visits although DD is pretty set on one school
-DS playing football in the fall
-Visiting my parents (was supposed to go in May but who knows)
-Planning DD's graduation trip (was going to be London/Paris but maybe now Mediterranean Disney Cruise followed by several days in London)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter