I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would do that too! A trip to NYC to see a Broadway show or two is something I want to do again and if we get an extra 2 years of use added that might be a good option. Alternatively, for me if I don’t go before they expire one of my kids might go to Disney and use them. For now, I am holding on to two reservations and hoping we will go for at least one of them.

That was my thought. We usualy use FN certs for a weekend in NYC. I owe my niece a NYC trip for her cancelled Christmas present trip and that is likely what I will do to make up for it. If that doesn't work, I also saw some places in Canada that look really nice. If WDW is clearly opening before the deadline for the RCI deposit then we will definitely go to WDW. I'd much rather use the points there than RCI. If I do wind up depositing to RCI it does look like there are some interesting places besides NYC, like in Canada to visit and Hawaii for some island hopping. I'm sure we'd make it work out. At the end of the day, I don't want to lose 198 points and RCI gives me the option of using them for something over nothing.

JC Penney just missed a loan payment, so might wanna get shopping
Uh oh, I still have a gift card from Christmas time. I am going to look and use it online.

I used mine on stuff for me! Just ordered a new outfit plus an extra shirt. I still have $26 on a Happy Bride card though, and the only stores on there I’d shop at is JCP and BB&B. Not super confident on BB&B making it either (any idea on that @Hoosier John ?), so I’ll have to think of something else to buy soon.

Another one bites the dust. The family vacation to Aulani and Disneyland is officially cancelled. :sad: After discussing a multitude of scenarios the next few months may hold, the family consensus was to cancel. On the up side, this allowed me to bank 2019 DVC points into the next UY as my banking window ends this month. Borrowed points were also put into the UY they were borrowed from by DVC which was nice. I have until mid July to see if I will get to use my banked points before the end of August or dump them into RCI.

My FN cert from BonBlah was put back into my account after some struggle. I highly advise any BonBlah FN cert cancellations be done over the phone and watching to make sure the FN goes back into your account. I've had issues multiple times. Now I just do it over the phone and while I'm logged in and looking at the account. As for the flights, it looks like I will be playing chicken with AA and UA. I don't want to pay re-deposit fees on miles so I will just wait them out and hope for a significant scheduled departure time change or outright cancellation on their end.

This makes it trip number 5 cancelled for this year. Next one in line is Vero Beach next month for Memorial Weekend. Lets see how that shakes out.
For the AA flights, you might be able to re-deposit the miles now without paying a fee. I was just able to yesterday for a late June flight that had not been significantly rescheduled. Might be worth a call.

@calypso726 United is also allowing cancellation of award flights with no mileage re-deposit fee. You might have to cancel before April 30 to be eligible, but it applies to flights for the remainder of 2020. I cancelled two sets of United award flights for June a week or so ago. The miles were instantly returned to my account, taxes/fees were refunded to cc and no re-deposit fee was charged.

Not good news! I have a prom dress to return that didn't get returned before they closed. I don't want to be stuck with this dress!

While I do hope you get to return it, if you don't get to please hang on to it and consider donating it to an organization next spring that provides prom dresses to those that can't afford one. I did this with one of my sorority formal dresses I had held onto. The dry cleaner was nice and only charged me half price for cleaning when I told them what I was doing with it.

I've also got some stuff to return at h&m and the banana republic outlet but bother were under 15 bucks so if I can't they'll just go in the donate pile. Also part of why I'm not buying some stuff online in case it doesn't fit/color is off. But I will hop on jcp tonight and do some browsing. My biggest thing with them is I use their salon, though this lady will get a 3rd chance and then we'll see. They don't listen or remember so now I've got more light blonde and it's just not what I wanted.

We got stimulated yesterday and I celebrated by paying bills. DH was FINALLY able to file for unemployment on Monday (CARES expansion for 1099 contractors) but can't call to certify for 7-10 days. So we will be an entire month with no income.

The SUB for DH's CIP is pending, along with the support bonus for P2. If I read it correctly, the support points won't post until the billing cycle finishes?? Not a big deal since we aren't using them until we get the SUB for my CIP.

Arghhhhhh I've bonvoyed myself. In all this craziness of life, I lost track of my (stupid stupid) Bonvoy biz cc. for some reason it wasn;t even up on the website with my cards, so i completely forgot I had it. (I thought it WAS up before, but maybe I'm mistaken?) so I had a paper statement sittong on a shelf since last week, I finally opened it today to discover I had a $125 AF charged on March 10.......:headache: So on chat I was tol if I canceled I still had to pay it bc it was past 30 days.... this is true,right? but If I pc'ed to another I'd get a prorated amount back....is here anything I can pc to for this card? thanks

I used mine on stuff for me! Just ordered a new outfit plus an extra shirt. I still have $26 on a Happy Bride card though, and the only stores on there I’d shop at is JCP and BB&B. Not super confident on BB&B making it either (any idea on that @Hoosier John ?), so I’ll have to think of something else to buy soon.

Ha, no I don't really follow these things. There just happened to be a mention of JC Penney on the news this morning. Sorry, but I'll let you know if I hear anything else

Arghhhhhh I've bonvoyed myself. In all this craziness of life, I lost track of my (stupid stupid) Bonvoy biz cc. for some reason it wasn;t even up on the website with my cards, so i completely forgot I had it. (I thought it WAS up before, but maybe I'm mistaken?) so I had a paper statement sittong on a shelf since last week, I finally opened it today to discover I had a $125 AF charged on March 10.......:headache: So on chat I was tol if I canceled I still had to pay it bc it was past 30 days.... this is true,right? but If I pc'ed to another I'd get a prorated amount back....is here anything I can pc to for this card? thanks

Amex has 2 other Bonvoy cards and they are both personal cards. If you ask, let me know what they say.

Was able to close my Barclays Aviator card online via SM. I first asked if there was anything they could offer to keep the card (I wanted the $95 AF waived), but they said absolutely no. So I messaged back to close the card, and when I logged in this morning it said the account was closed, and I would be credited back the AF. It took 2 weeks to get to this point, lol... a week reply for the first message I sent for a retention offer, and another week reply for the message that they closed my account. In case this may be helpful to anyone.

I saw a list recently and J. Crew was on it:( but I didn't see BB&B. I don't even buy anything at J. Crew but it reminds me of my preppy childhood in the suburbs of NYC!

That was my thought. We usualy use FN certs for a weekend in NYC. I owe my niece a NYC trip for her cancelled Christmas present trip and that is likely what I will do to make up for it. If that doesn't work, I also saw some places in Canada that look really nice. If WDW is clearly opening before the deadline for the RCI deposit then we will definitely go to WDW. I'd much rather use the points there than RCI. If I do wind up depositing to RCI it does look like there are some interesting places besides NYC, like in Canada to visit and Hawaii for some island hopping. I'm sure we'd make it work out. At the end of the day, I don't want to lose 198 points and RCI gives me the option of using them for something over nothing.

The Hilton Grand Vacation Club has nice resorts in Hawaii (and in New York too). They usually bulk deposit about 2 years in advance. Manhattan Club I believe does it about 1 year in advance. I think DVC gets some priority, so not too sure how that affects things.

I noticed when I was paying our car insurance that our homeowners insurance bill had a pay now button next to the statement. Since we escrow our homeowners insurance and property taxes, what happens if I pay the bill before Wells Fargo gets around to it? Since we are working on MSR for 2 cards, it would be nice to be able to pay it ourselves if possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter