I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had the cap one venture for a pretty long time. Every single year when the annual fee hits, I call in and ask if they can waive it. And so far every single year they have. I have the old grandfathered lower annual fee. Not sure if that matters. Doesn’t hurt to ask and see if they’ll credit it.
My annual fee was waived the first year. This time it’ll be $95. I’m not sure if that’s different from yours or not. I never use this card though

My annual fee was waived the first year. This time it’ll be $95. I’m not sure if that’s different from yours or not. I never use this card though
Doesn't seem to matter. A few reports from r/churning of getting AF's on the Venture and other cards waived already. It seems to be fairly common for CO if you say you are concerned about the annual fee. Case in point -

The reps are already gearing up for next year's retention numbers :p

I'm not very familiar with CO products to advise on whether to keep it or not, but if it's just because of the AF that shouldn't be an issue.

You know what? I think something is still counting rollover nights, sorta :laughing:

Not counting the CC nights I had 3 on my account so + 7 would be my 10 needed. Same on hubby's, he had 15 so + 20 would be 50.

So they're not really rollovers, it's seems like it didn't clear out last year's stays maybe? :confused3
Was just looking out of curiosity andddddd my account still says I only need 26 nights to renew lol

Doesn't seem to matter. A few reports from r/churning of getting AF's on the Venture and other cards waived already. It seems to be fairly common for CO if you say you are concerned about the annual fee. Case in point -

The reps are already gearing up for next year's retention numbers :p

I'm not very familiar with CO products to advise on whether to keep it or not, but if it's just because of the AF that shouldn't be an issue.
If I can keep it open I might as well if they waive the AF. I don’t see a reason to close it if they can waive that. Should I wait until the AF posts or go ahead and call today?

Uber Eats amex offer $5 off $15, x2

Got that one a couple of weeks back. Did you just get it? Wondering if they are doing a second round.

I'm now getting pretty much identical offers on all 5 cards, although I did get a couple of Hilton offers this morning that are on my MR cards but not on my Bonvoy cards.

May I have some opinions here about my next card choice?

I'm currently 4/24 until July 1 (CSR, CF, SW Priority, Plat). It's been 3 months since my last Chase business card (CIP).

Should I get
  • CIC because the 5x at Staples would be so handy for Disney and Amazon gc
OR
  • something business from Amex (BBP I assume?) that would be a good daily non-category spend card
OR
  • Amex Gold which I really really want lol (dh has one but I do the majority of the grocery shopping)

We can always use more UR, obviously. (I need to wait until the summer, at the earliest, for dh's next card to keep him happy, even if I help "him" apply.)

:thanks:

So looks like JAL on American might work for me. How do I book American on JAL?

You’re welcome. :flower3:

Supposedly AA Is now displaying award availability for JAL but they didn’t for years. The rule of thumb before was always check BA for JAL availability from a JAL gateway airport, write down the flight info and call AA to book. This is exactly what I have done to book JAL with AA miles. Keep in mind you may need to piece the award together depending on your departure airport and may have to position. Best of luck to you.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I got an offer for my IHG for 5x for bills like electric, auto insurance, water and sanitation. Of course for others as well but these are the ones I will have due in the next couple of months. Very excited as this almost makes up for not having a msr that I'm working on.

May I have some opinions here about my next card choice?

I'm currently 4/24 until July 1 (CSR, CF, SW Priority, Plat). It's been 3 months since my last Chase business card (CIP).

Should I get
  • CIC because the 5x at Staples would be so handy for Disney and Amazon gc
OR
  • something business from Amex (BBP I assume?) that would be a good daily non-category spend card
OR
  • Amex Gold which I really really want lol (dh has one but I do the majority of the grocery shopping)

We can always use more UR, obviously. (I need to wait until the summer, at the earliest, for dh's next card to keep him happy, even if I help "him" apply.)

:thanks:
Or...Why not CIC and BBP? If you're considering BBP you might as well take advantage of the increased offer right now...But if you're 3 months from your last Chase card then I'd also get another one of those too! HAHA!

I'm of course assuming that the MSR isn't a problem to handle...

Marriott sorta on the ball. The 15 nights for the CC are credited already. Tracker says that we only need 35 nights total to renew Platinum, though. :rolleyes:

That'd be awesome cuz we could probably hit that but somehow that feels like a glitch. Unless there's more program changes they snuck in like taking away the meeting nights?

View attachment 462487

Very contradictory -
View attachment 462488

The "Platinum at 60 nights" from the app worries me though. I didn't think there was anything at 60 nights. There was a T&C update in Dec, guess I'll be skimming, but I'd have thought an eagle eyed blogger would have highlighted changes by now.

ETA: Move over MCI; in more Marriott math, I only need 7 nights to reach Gold on my account. :confused3I can't even fathom that calculation even as a computer glitch. It has it listed correctly at 10 on the overview page but when I look at details it says 7.
Why can't they glitch something useful like giving 15 nights per CC again?

I just went down the rabbit hole from @amalone1013 comment to here. Mine doesn't look like either of these, but mine says 0 nights needed to renew status. I am thinking they just haven't updated those yet for some people but does have my current count for 2020 right. But on @miztressuz I see 15 nights now, 35 nights to renew platinum elite. That sounds right. 15+35=50. Why do you think this is not right? I think on the line below they meant 60 more nights will get you Titanium (15+60=75) which is right. And the new Titanium is the old Platinum. Right? So they just used the wrong word. Unless I am totally misunderstanding what you are saying. Which is very probable! lol Now we are all confused, including Marriott. That is what they get for changing the name and the status levels. Why do they think everything needs changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter