I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dd is traveling to San Francisco to visit her bf and his family for a week. On her return will she able to use my AmEx plat to access the Centurion lounge (will they ask for her boarding pass and notice the first name isn't the same)?

Need advise on cancelling or reapplying for my SW Performance Business Card.
1. Can I cancel my card with my monthly purchases still on it? I want to do this to start the "30 day re-apply" clock.
2. I have had this card more than 24 months. Based on the current perks, is this still the SW card I need?
3. Anything else I am missing?

The thin crust pizza is tasty, but not going to be like what you're used to in Chicagoland.
As a Chicagoan, I have learned not to order pizza on vacation. 🤣
Thanks for the other info. Not thrilled to find out it will be that hot but no way to change the weather. As for excursions, the ones we are looking at are 1.5-2 hours away and most leave 0600-0700 which is fine by me. I wouldn't want mid afternoon in the worst heat of the day, better to go early. Years of Disney vacations have taught me to get up early on vacation (I am absolutely not an early riser if I don't have to be, but I will for a good reason)

My new Amex BBP is showing out for delivery today.
Can someone remind me how I add it to my Amex 'dashboard'? I guess it doesn't just show up the way Chase does.

Dd is traveling to San Francisco to visit her bf and his family for a week. On her return will she able to use my AmEx plat to access the Centurion lounge (will they ask for her boarding pass and notice the first name isn't the same)?
I have been asked for my card, id and boarding pass every time I've entered a centurion.

(Isn't SF Centurion is still closed for the expansion?)

ETA: nvm, I see SFO Centurion just reopened!

My new Amex BBP is showing out for delivery today.
Can someone remind me how I add it to my Amex 'dashboard'? I guess it doesn't just show up the way Chase does.
There will be a link with the card to confirm it online. If I'm remembering correctly, you get prompted during the process to add it to your login.

Interesting DP about transferring UR, not sure if this is already known or not. A family member who is not in my household, and with who I have no shared cards, was able to transfer his URs to my CSP today. I thought that was only possible between "household" members. He called Chase and was able to do it over the phone. We do share the same last name, so maybe that had something to do with it.

More info for those of you trying to use your Instacart credits. I had 2 more $10 Instacart credits to use so I decided to play around with p/u orders. I ended up getting kleeenx tissues at Aldi and paying the p/u fee. It still came out cheaper than if I had bought them at Target. For the last credit, I used it at Fresh Market for the Chobani creamer I like. I again took the hit on the p/u fee, but it still came out cheaper again that if I had bought the items.

Someone on here was recently commenting about the outrageous cost of award tix to Europe for next year. I have been stalking United, Delta, Virgin, and Flying Blue for about 2 months as I collected enough points to book. I was able to find some very good deals over the past few days and was able to book our tickets. I will have to reposition both ways, but it was worth it to have lie flat seats going and premium economy coming back. I paid 55K ea way for biz class to/from my home airport last year on AF. This year it's costing me 60K on United out of EWR (mixed cabin - with coach to BOS and then biz to LHR). On the way back, I was able to find premium economy on AF for 30K and biz class was 70K. I am still debating on whether to upgrade those to biz.

I panicked as I was booking because I went back before confirming and then the fares had jumped from 60K to 124K. I then noticed my "trip" was in my acct so I called AF. After 55 mins on hold, I learned that their system had held my unfinished booking and all I had to do was pay the fee on my award booking. Apparently, the discounted seats were taken out of the inventory when I started the booking.

Delta is useless for international points travel! I transferred 160K MR to Delta a couple of months ago when I thought we were going to HI. Expensive mistake, but I should be able to use them to book our outbound repositioning flight to NYC.

Delta is useless for international points travel! I transferred 160K MR to Delta a couple of months ago when I thought we were going to HI. Expensive mistake, but I should be able to use them to book our outbound repositioning flight to NYC.
Delta does have deals though which is great. they are also good on routes with a lot of traffic too aka cheap fares. I usually use them on short flights like 1-2 states over.

If I upgrade me csp to the csr how long does it take to take effect? I am going to book through the portal and I think 1.5 vs 1.25 would be worth the fee when you factor in the $300 travel credit.

Has anyone transferred MR to Flying Blue? It says it will take 4 biz days, and I am wondering if that is accurate. I Googled and found one source that said their personal experience was instant.

Yes, quite a few times in the past 5 years. The last time was sometime in late summer or early fall of this year. It's always been close to instant for us, but I know that sometimes things go wrong and I think they say 4 days just in case. It was the same for URs when we used those, too.

I was going to say nope because that lounge has been closed for months, including when we flew out on there on Dec. 17th, but it sounds like it may be open now. DD is flying out in a couple of days so I guess I'll know what's really going on soon. I will say that YMMV when it comes to entering the lounge though - it really depends on who is checking you in. I had an unpleasant experience getting a "to go" box a few months ago from the closed lounge because I couldn't load my boarding pass onto my phone and our gate was far, far away and DH was sitting there with my printed pass. Eventually DD got it to load but I swear that awful Amex rep seemed to think that someone with a Platinum card was willing to wait in a 10 minute line and lie to her for a "free" bottle of water and a couple of cold snacks. :rolleyes:

If I upgrade me csp to the csr how long does it take to take effect? I am going to book through the portal and I think 1.5 vs 1.25 would be worth the fee when you factor in the $300 travel credit.
Pretty much as soon as you get off the phone with them. The card will take a couple days but you’ll see it in your account the same day and your CSP will work until new card arrives. If you ask to have it expedited you might get lucky and they’ll send one expedited and also the original they would ship anyway. DH did this and now we have 2 cards to use.

Has anyone transferred MR to Flying Blue? It says it will take 4 biz days, and I am wondering if that is accurate. I Googled and found one source that said their personal experience was instant.
Many times. It has been instant for me, each time.
Hmm wonder if it is only for people who had cancelled flights. That would be fair. Our flight on 12/27 wasn’t cancelled.
One of the comments from someone who inquired mentioned that they were looking at people who had been affected and extending. Seems tedious and it would be a good way to infuse some January travel if they extended it for all. Plus good PR.

I have done this. It was immediate and I was able to use the portal immediately at the increased redemption rate.

Chase Pay Yourself Back (PYB) categories for Q1 2023 as reported by DOC

• Chase Sapphire Reserve:
    • Grocery Stores 1.25 cents per point
    • Gas Stations 1.25 cents per point
    • Annual Fee 1.25 cents per point
    • Select charities 1.50 cents per point, valid through 12/31/23
  • Chase Sapphire Preferred & Freedom cards:
    • Select charities 1.25 cents per point, valid through 12/31/23
  • Chase Business INK Preferred & Plus (annual fee cards):
    • Internet, Cable, Phone services, Shipping 1.25 cents per point
  • Chase Business INK Cash & Unlimited (no-fee cards):
    • Internet, Cable, Phone services, Shipping 1.10 cents per point
    • Select charities 1.25 cents per point, valid through 12/31/23

You can't product change your Disney card to anything other than a different Disney card. They have to stay within their product
That's good to know....I can probably just dump my second Disney card (the one I've had for less time) since it has the lower credit limit and it is just DD that uses it.
Are you looking to not have to pay for flights? If that's the case you want to look at the miles it takes vs the dollar cost of the flight.
DL is in the amex system. United and SW are both in chase so if the miles are comparable then a saphire product may be better since UR can be transferred to either.
I guess it depends on how it works. With SW, I use up as many points as I can to cover my flight(s), even if it means booking in 1-way segments. Often, I will buy the extra points when they are on sale to "top off" my account so that the entire trip is booked on points. For this trip, since it is just me (no DH or kids), I already have enough SW points in my account to cover an entire RT flight. If I wanted to fly on another airline, I know that I would probably have to choose a CC that offers MILES to cover an entirely free flight for THIS trip.Most/all of these cards will have an af, so if that's not something you want then I would stick with what you have. How much spend are you putting on your cards each month, as that will also play into it.
It also sounds more like you want a card so you have an option over SW and to keep the card vs churning for points to cover trips each year. This is also important to know because then an actual airline card may be better if you normally check bags. Also seems if your dh is using an apple card that he may not want to change/help by getting new cards.
Yup! I am interested in a card that will help maximize my cashback which I can then use towards airfare on ANY airline...but if there is a card that will provide any other travel/air-related benefits that I am not thinking of (since I am NOT a frequent traveler), I would love any advice. I'm not too worried about free checked bags since I typically travel with only carry-ons and so a $60 R/T bag fee is going to be less than an annual fee if I decide to check a bag on my annual trip. Our local airport doesn't have any fancy lounges and I already have TSA-Pre. I don't travel internationally so no need for Global Entry either.

We usually only spend about $1000-$1500/month on the credit card. If I can train DH to use the ApplePay for his grocery runs, then the "new" credit card would probably have another $1000 on it in grocery expenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter