I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Giving me all the happy Dis vibes here and reminding me why we’re such a unique community in the world of churning :D

I would miss this thread if it went away. I do miss the late night crew, being on the west coast I'm obvs up later than most of the midwest/east coast people. But @wendow @Lain and @SouthFayetteFan and some others I can't remember, would often post late. Good times, then everyone else would wake up to it and I'd have lots to read in the morning 🙂

I do hope all that have stopped posting over the years are well and just busy/different place in life.

I would miss this thread if it went away. I do miss the late night crew, being on the west coast I'm obvs up later than most of the midwest/east coast people. But @wendow @Lain and @SouthFayetteFan and some others I can't remember, would often post late. Good times, then everyone else would wake up to it and I'd have lots to read in the morning 🙂

I do hope all that have stopped posting over the years are well and just busy/different place in life.
Agree…found this super helpful group in May of 2018 when I was trying to figure out how to be able to visit my sons family in Orlando more often than we could afford with $$.
Others I remember off the top of my head @speedyfishy …my MS hero, and @amalone1013

It was a busy day at work so I didn't get to keep up on answers to my question about the Amex Gold credits in real time (and now there's too many responses to reply to individually), so I'll just put a generalized "thank you" out there to everyone who responded now that I'm caught up! It was really helpful to read the different perspectives on this card!

Agree…found this super helpful group in May of 2018 when I was trying to figure out how to be able to visit my sons family in Orlando more often than we could afford with $$.
Others I remember off the top of my head @speedyfishy …my MS hero, and @amalone1013

@amalone1013 and @DisneyMandC are still on the debt dumpers thread 🙂

@speedyfishy was who I couldn't remember. Anytime I read about someone hitting the amex cards hard it reminds me of her.

I need to book a flight for this March and the only Airline option is Southwest. Should I book a refundable fare (Anytime) instead of Wanna Get Away? Am I crazy for worrying about whether they will have it together by March? I don't want to get stuck with a credit that I can't use. If there was another airline option I would definitely choose it.

Having a hard time picking a new card. I had a Barclays Aviator in early 2019, can I get another one now?
also, whatever card I get I need by next Friday, odds of that?
Barclay is one of those "you probably will get the bonus" kind of bank, there isnt an exact ruling (as far as i know)
If you need something asap though, id probably pick a vanilla credit card. most cobrands will take time to connect. amex vanilla will most likely get u an instant card number.

Last edited:
Barclay is one of those "you probably will get the bonus" kind of bank, there isnt an exact ruling (as far as i know)
If you need someone asap though, id probably pick a vanilla credit card. most cobrands will take time to connect. amex vanilla will most likely get u an instant card number.
I need by next Friday because we are leaving on vacation LOL.
Can you still get an IHG biz if you have an IHG personal? I know they changed some IHG rules. P2 hasn't had the biz at all yet. Do they expedite all biz cards?
I may end up just taking the crappy Delta upgrade he is being offered, just to get something and make a bigger decision later. He's already had the Delta plat twice, so the crappy upgrade doesn't hurt him at all for future purposes.

I need to book a flight for this March and the only Airline option is Southwest. Should I book a refundable fare (Anytime) instead of Wanna Get Away? Am I crazy for worrying about whether they will have it together by March? I don't want to get stuck with a credit that I can't use. If there was another airline option I would definitely choose it.
I have flights booked with SW for next week and Feb and am not concerned.

I’d book SW…flown them numerous times over the last 10 years to Orlando to see our son since it’s the easiest option from ISP….easy to say I know since we weren’t caught up int the mess last week

Last edited:
Having a hard time picking a new card. I had a Barclays Aviator in early 2019, can I get another one now?
also, whatever card I get I need by next Friday, odds of that?
My DP
9/2019 opened Aviator Red (auto approved)
9/2020 closed
12/2021 opened Aviator Red (auto approved)
Bonuses posted as expected for both

So from my experience you should be able to get the bonus again, but like @Albort mentioned, Barclays isn’t known for being expedient (as I’m sure you’re aware).

My DD flew to Japan by herself when she was 14. Your son can do FLL. ;)
I understand about being in denial when a grandparent isn't doing well, particularly when you're 17. Good luck.
I flew by myself to brazil when I was 10 I remember my mom telling me I wanted to go out with FA. and I remember she took me through customs (i don't think they do this anymore) and I had to have some letter im so old now I can't remember the details. I think the letter was regarding temporary guardianship for my aunt but it's been so long. I don't think they do this anymore. But I could be wrong.

I flew by myself to brazil when I was 10 I remember my mom telling me I wanted to go out with FA. and I remember she took me through customs (i don't think they do this anymore) and I had to have some letter im so old now I can't remember the details. I think the letter was regarding temporary guardianship for my aunt but it's been so long. I don't think they do this anymore. But I could be wrong.
I don't know. DD went through customs on her own.

As some who has used food delivery very sparingly, can you actually get Lunch delivered for $10?

I feel like with fees, tips, and sometimes inflated menu prices, whenever we have used these services, it's so high in total cost.

I have the Amex Plat and we use the Uber credits for Ubers. It's mostly convenience, rather than necessity, but even with that we end up spending more than the credit covers (and means we're paying 100% out of pocket for a matching return trip). When I've used for Uber Eats instead, it seems like we're paying double what it should for the food we're getting lol.

Yeah, I can't justify the cost of Uber Eats, Door Dash or ANY of the food deliveries. I only did it once because of a $10 credit that off-set some of the higher cost, but the food itself still cost more. I'm not willing to go bankrupt for delivery and membership fees. LOL!

Agree the fees are really high. Ideally, you can find a few pickup locations (free to pickup) and places that don't inflate their rates too much. Chipotle comes up often as a good option for a $10 pickup meal. I also have a few local places we use our bulit up $15 quarterly doordash credit from CSR- pickup, of course.

Also, I find if I stay off these apps for long enough, I'm often offered a code, like 40-50% off.

Agree the fees are really high. Ideally, you can find a few pickup locations (free to pickup) and places that don't inflate their rates too much. Chipotle comes up often as a good option for a $10 pickup meal. I also have a few local places we use our bulit up $15 quarterly doordash credit from CSR- pickup, of course.

Also, I find if I stay off these apps for long enough, I'm often offered a code, like 40-50% off.

I tend to do most of my pu orders at mod pizza, Johnny rockets, red robin or 5 guys. I get something better than most of the fast food around here and even if I have to pay a little it's less than if I was buying the ff. I only get a drink if I need to use up the credit, like all 25 on uber eats for just me. Looking forward to Feb and March where I'll use the credit for actual uber's. May use gh and dd for pick up when I'm in PHX.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter