I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Applied for the CIU card two days ago when it still had the $900 bonus at $6k spend. Used my business but put my wife's name and SSN, and got the dreaded "we need more time". Ugh. I only have one current card under this business and my wife only has two cards. I used to have a CIC under her name but she closed that a good year plus ago. Is there a number to check status on a business card application?
888-270-2127

We have the Starcruiser booked for June. Have final payment due next week. Thinking of taking the new CIC to Staples and getting Disney gift cards to pay it off. DH is unsure they take GC to pay it off. I'm pretty sure they do. @calypso726 I feel like you'd know the answer.
We did the Starcruiser last year. So much fun! We did pay the entire thing with Disney Gift cards from office supply stores.

FYI there are some fun FB groups that share excellent ideas and economical resources like Amazon for those who want to dress up “in universe”. Galactic Starcruiser Costuming is one of them. I’m not a Star Wars person but dressing up and playing along really enhanced our experience. We also did the optional photo shoot and really loved our pics! Of course the Amazon purchases were paid with Amazon GCs bought at office supply stores for 5x.

Have fun!

E8A5ABD8-DB73-4ACE-8764-7AE062574591.jpeg

Man we took ds to apply for his passport this morning and he has to be the most stubborn kid ever. It took forever to get his picture. Every time she asked him to look at the camera he refused and looked up at the ceiling. He’s such a stinker
When we adopted DS we were in a group of 8 families in China. That means 8 babies who needed passport photos. It was not fun. Lol.
You’re not alone. We’re headed to Costa Rica next week and I was looking for a new card with no foreign transaction fees. Darn it those Ink cards. We ended up with a USB Leverage card just because that’s what works for us at the moment.
17 days for us. Can't wait. 🏖🍹
Do you both apply at the same time, or do you have one apply and then three months later, the other applies?
We (I) alternate between DH and myself. Generally as soon as we finish MSR on one, I app for a new card for P2. By the time we get back to P1 it has usually been 3 months.
I just did exactly the same thing! Luckily I double checked about foreign transaction fees. Just made my first ever Staples Visa run to help meet the CIU SUB so that the Japan spend can go on my CSP. 62 days and counting!!!
I'm pretty sure all of Chase card without AF have FTFs. The no FTF cards all have an AF.
2 years ago when I got a CIC I called the number on my Chase Freedom and they redirected me to whoever does the card. It was just reallocating credit around my biz cards. They wanted 5K for the CIC. This time, instant approval for a $3k limit on my CIU. I have to call so will move again from my Chase Marriott Bonvoy biz card so I can knock out the spend with ease.
We lucked into 0% with our last car. Every time I think of paying it off, I remind myself there's no real advantage.
What is Chase Ink Supports?
DIS doesn't like refer*als so we call them support.

Okay JB people, I booked the JB Extra (as my points were there this morning). For 2k more. 60k for the 3 one way flights, so that kinda hurt, but I got the card for the free checked bags and the flight home, so it is whatever. Plus if they ever merge w/ Spirit, I'll have flight bennies, LOL. They don't have a bunch of options from DTW either. It says it has the option of same day standby/change. We land in BOS at 3pm. The "earlier" JB flight is at 4:45pm. I know it's pushing it, as we have to gather checked bags and recheck them. But we all have TSA precheck so hopefully that might go fast. I booked on the 9pm flight. I'd prefer getting home earlier, especially since I'll be teaching the next day. Do I ask for the change online? App? At the gate? I'm assuming once we're on our way I'll have a better idea if we can pull off the earlier flight and Aer Lingus has free wifi. I also figured maybe I go back on the earlier flight, and my mom and 17yo (well she'll be 18 then, LOL) can get the bags, recheck them, etc. IDK.

Our flight from DTW to BOS we're on the cheapest fare, so we only get 3 checked bags and then personal items. Aer Lingus we have free carry on and checked. The JB flight back we have free carry on and checked. So I think I'm going to try and pack a duffle bag or something incase we need it on the return for souvenirs.

Also I called Amex again last night and they are starting the "extended warranty" claim on my son's hockey stick. So woooo!

Doing the math, I should hit the spend on my Delta card now w/ the next 2 charges for my kid's braces. So I'm thinking it's time to get the next card. I'm torn between the Wyndham Biz or another CIU. I have the CIP, CIU and 2 CICs right now. I think I might be pushing it to do another Ink w/o closing one of them. I upgraded to the CIP back in Aug, so I'm assuming it's not good to close that. If I close a CIC, I could downgrade my CIP to a CIC and have 2 CIUs and 2 CICs right? I don't want to close the CIU because it's my only 1.5UR card right now. The Wyndham I want to have before we do Vegas (we have a trip in July, who knows if we go sooner). But I want to do the matches by doing Atlantic City too, to get the MGM Gold and the free nights at the Wynn! AHHHHH!

My mom is planning on doing her funeral planning after we get back from Ireland, and I told her I want to open a card for it, LOL. I've joked about doing the Amex Plat Biz....But I wanted to time the Amex Plat Biz later in the year to try a triple dip on it. UGH.

I have the 49$ card. Not giving it up. I am going for the biz card later this year so I get my 2 fNC's around the same time. Biz is 140k right about now unless I'm not remembering correctly.
I never thought about timing them like that! I had the Traveler Premier and Biz. I cancelled the Traveler because I can churn it. But I know I can't have both personal anymore. I can burn the premier after Aug. So I guess I'll try to start timing the cards for that, LOL. I got the biz in 3/22, so I can't churn that for another year. So might make sense to cancel my Premier in Oct/Nov and get it in March. Then I could do the biz card again. Thanks for the idea, LOL.

Settling back in at home from my trip to London, so thought I would write up a few post-trip thoughts.

AC flight to Chicago left on time, with 3 hour layover I went to the Polaris lounge. I remembered the food on the menu in the small table service dining area being quite good last time. This trip nothing on the menu really appealed to me. I ended up ordering their 'famous' burger. It arrived drenched in grease; there was so much I just couldn't bring myself to even take a bite. Then ordered the meatballs and 3 meatballs arrived -- they were okay, nothing special. Skillet cookie was fabulous. Garrett's had run out of popcorn, so I waited around 5 mins for another delivery and as always, popcorn is delicious (I'm still working on my medium bag).

Lufthansa first class product was exactly as last time, except this time there was only 1 empty seat. Service was excellent, food was good. The European gentleman beside me decided to wear a bottle of cologne for the flight and every time he passed my seat I wanted to gag. He didn't eat after take off, but went right to sleep; didn't think much of it at the time, but he woke up ready to eat when I wanted to go to sleep. Being a very light sleeper I found the conversations he was having with the flight attendants prohibited sleep for me. But seriously I need a dark room and absolute silence to sleep and I never sleep well on planes, so can't really place any blame on him (all the blame is on me).

Landed right on time and wanted to head to the Lufthansa First Class terminal (FCT), which meant that I had to basically exit the airport. There was a huge line at customs and only 2 officers on duty -- took almost a half hour to clear. Headed outside and directly to the FCT where I had to clear security. The CSRs take your passport so that when you leave you are pre-cleared and are handed back your passport by the officer at the FCT. Had a quick shower using shampoo because there wasn't any body wash, tried to ask the attendant for some but there was a language gap and he offered me more shampoo! Food was interesting....the smoothie they had was delicious, but nothing else really called out to me. I ordered the avocado toast and it was good. Headed to the limo (this time a VW minivan) to be taken to the gate for my flight to London and this time there were 3 men in the van with me.

No issues on the flight to London, I ended up falling asleep sitting up (which never happens!) and was surprised when we were landing! That rest really helped me power through my first day in London. I took the Elizabeth line to Bond Street and transferred to the Jubilee line to get to Westminster station (which has escalators, something which St. James's Park lacks and I didn't want to carry my bag up 2 flights of stairs!). The Conrad St. James was maybe an 8 minute walk from Westminster.

Check-in at the Conrad was interesting. I had booked 2 rooms: ds's 5 nights on points and mine was cash. Since I added on the 6th night the week before my booking looked like this: 1 night cash (Hilton website), 1 night booked through my TA on an Impressario rate, 3 nights booked direct (Hilton website), then 1 night using URs. I didn't think this would be a problem for the hotel, but it seems to have caused them some extreme issues, which unfortunately prevailed throughout my stay. The front desk rep had to call her supervisor to check me in, which took 45 minutes, to ensure that ds and I would be able to stay in our rooms for the duration of our stay. The supervisor was able to upgrade ds and myself to Executive King rooms, which was nice. Mine was on the 5th floor facing the street and ds was on the first floor facing, well, the roof of the hotel (he didn't care). The windows are not double-glazed so I was treated to the noises of the construction across the street every morning. Not a big deal since I am an early riser, but not ideal. Room layout was nice, plenty of closet space and a few USBs for charging devices. Bed was very soft and just a duvet with no flat sheet, something I am not a fan of.

Last edited:
There were some issues with housekeeping -- things I used weren't replace for days, water was never replenished, one day they took my towels and bathmat but didn't replace them! Just small things, but annoying nonetheless.

Location is fabulous. Seriously. Much better location than the Biltmore LXR IMO (which is an 8-10 min walk from the nearest tube station). Directly across the street from the St. James's Park tube station on the Circle & District line or 8 mins walk to Victoria Stn on the Victoria line (or 1 stop on the Circle / District line). To me the location is the best thing the hotel has going for them -- easy walk to Churchill War Rooms, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, etc. but tucked away on a very quiet street (minus the construction across the street!). Anything else is easy to get to on the tube as the Circle / District line has a train every 2 or 3 minutes and never seemed to be crowded.

Executive Lounge had afternoon tea with scones, clotted cream and jam with tea, which ds and I enjoyed once. I wouldn't go out of my way to make it -- the 1 day that we did we got there 2 mins before they cleared it! Staff in the lounge was amazing. Canapes were served from 5:15pm to 7:15pm daily, made it here twice, first time the food was inedible, second time it was okay. Lounge never seemed crowded.

Breakfast was either in the main restaurant or the lounge. We ate in the main restaurant every day; as a diamond it was included. Buffet was fine -- I had muesli, yogurt, fresh fruit and a small smoothie in a shot glass every day. One could order eggs cooked any way and toast (no toaster on the buffet!). Ds ordered scrambled eggs and toast every morning and he said they were very good. Service was either excellent or non-existent. I wouldn't say the food selection is going to win any awards (esp when compared to the breakfast buffets in the Middle East!), but it was fine for me.

Back to the issue the front desk had with my cobbled together booking. On my second last night I had a call from the front desk advising me that I had booked a King Superior room (base level room) through a third party (Chase) and since they didn't have any Executive Suites available the next night either ds or myself would have to move rooms. I kindly informed the agent that the supervisor who checked me had spent a great deal of time making sure that neither my son nor I would have to change rooms during our stay. However she was relentless and insisted that one of us would have to move because they had sold out of our room type and I had booked a base level room. Since the hotel still has phones with cords I was tied to the wall (so annoying -- haven't they heard of cordless phones?) -- the front desk agent said she wouldn't allow me to end the conversation until I had told her whether myself or my son would move. I told her that neither of us was moving and that I was getting upset with the direction the conversation was going. This ridiculous and entirely unnecessary conversation lasted over 15 mins when I finally said that I was going to terminate the conversation and disconnected the call. The next morning I spoke with the Guest Relations Mgr to let him know how upset I was by this conversation. Now if I hadn't spent 45 mins standing at the front desk at check-in with the supervisor (to ensure that neither of us would have to change rooms), I could understand where the confusion may have stemmed from. But since I had already been over the booking with her in detail, IMO the phone conversation that night never should have happened.

No worries the Guest Relations assured me, the front desk agent that called me (she had also called my son's room, but he told her that she needed to speak to me) had nothing but 'good intentions'. I am trying to understand how anyone who calls a guest and demands that they change rooms the day before they check- out and will not allow the guest to end the conversation, has 'good intentions'. She badgered me, harassed and bullied me in an attempt to get me to vacate the room that I was in and was assured that I could stay in for the entirety of my stay by her supervisor. Ugh. Left a super bad taste in my mouth.

To add insult to injury, the hotel somehow, and I have no idea how, charged my CSR for my stay. I presented my AmEx HH biz card on check-in and had used the HH biz card to guarantee the room online. The only person who had access to the CSR is my TA. Since the hotel wasn't able to print the invoice when I asked (this was difficult work apparently and the supervisor had to be called -- to print an invoice!), but after 10 mins of waiting, ds and I had to leave for the airport, so they e-mailed it to me. Had to call the hotel, wait on hold for 15 mins for the supervisor, who was able to reverse charges to my CSR and allocate to the HH biz card. The invoice doesn't include the first night of my stay, so will wait for my AmEx statement to see if they charge me.

Would I stay here again? I'm not sure. I booked the Trafalgar St. James for when dd and I visit in early May. It was less points (70k/night versus 80k for the Conrad) and looks to be very close to the Charring Cross tube station and in close proximity to Covent Garden, an area which I really like. So I will withhold my opinion until (if?) we stay in May. The Trafalgar doesn't have an Exec. Lounge, but that doesn't bother me at all.

2 years ago when I got a CIC I called the number on my Chase Freedom and they redirected me to whoever does the card. It was just reallocating credit around my biz cards. They wanted 5K for the CIC. This time, instant approval for a $3k limit on my CIU. I have to call so will move again from my Chase Marriott Bonvoy biz card so I can knock out the spend with ease.
If you’d like can also SM Chase to move credit limits between the business cards

Speaking of my and dd's London / Ashford Castle / Dublin trip, turns out that it falls right in time for Charles' coronation. We are booked at the Trafalgar St James from May 1 - 6 and the coronation is May 6th. How unlucky could we be? I am not interested in seeing any part of the procession and don't anticipate being invited inside Westminster Abbey LOL; my main concern is the traffic and congestion that might envelop central London on May 6th. We have a morning flight from London to Shannon to continue our vacation at Ashford Castle, which I worry might be impacted by lane closures or crowds lining the streets.

Our vacation is not looking great currently. Dd accepted a job at a farm camp as the Animal Care Supervisor (horses, pigs, chickens, sheep and goats). She signed the contract on Friday and has to start work on May 11th (our flight home from Dublin is on May 13th). However she is still waiting to hear if she got the job as a Wildlife Educator at the Zoo, which starts on May 14th -- that is her preferred job, so we shall see (they interviewed 35 people for 1, max 2 positions). I could get a flight home from London on May 9th using AC points on United Polaris, but trying to get a hotel for 3 nights during the Coronation will be costly and it's too late to get anything on points. Or we could visit the Cotswolds for 2 nights and get the heck of the city. Not sure what to do and dd won't offer her opinion on the options. Or I could scrap the trip and go on a Banff hiking trip in August for a week with Backroads, something that is looking more appealing daily.

Can I cancel my personal southwest card via chat or will I have to call?

Also... what does chase do if there's a negative balance on the card when it's canceled?

P2's CL on the Biz Hyatt card was increased by 6K without asking for it. I've bumped up against the CL on this card a few times - on purpose - and was surprised to see this, although maybe I've seen DPs mentioned about this in the past? I'm thinking I'll SM to transfer some over to his newish CIC (funny thing is that one only has a $3K CL approved in late Jan) so I can complete the MSR on that card within this billing cycle.

I got a new CIC myself on Sunday...of course then the next day the support links increased 😂 just my luck. I saw a comment on DoC that someone was going to try to get matched for the increase support bonus but they didn't know if that would then decrease the SUB for the applicant (I'd imagine not because how would Chase justify that?). I'll be keeping on eye on that comment thread. Although I'd really prefer to not have to deal with a 1099, so maybe I'll just leave it be.

For car rentals abroad (Europe) - I have the CSP and always decline coverage in the US.

Anything I should know about coverage when renting in Europe? I plan to use the CSP to pay for the rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter