• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s cumulative.

I have Best Buy on my way home from work which helps. I’ll do $50 and wait for the bonus. Sometimes the bonuses show up unpredictably and I’m not sure if the one per day is based on the purchase date. Once a bonus posts I’ll do the next one.

Ah, perfect! I looked at it quickly this morning on my phone but see now where it says one or more transactions. I have one on my way home too, they're going to get tired of seeing me :)

Holy crap, indeed! I can't remember the last time Amex dropped a huge pile of good offers like this all at once. (Ok, maybe the Staples, Lowe's, Exxon 10% offers on their biz cards.)

I got Best Buy, BB&B, eBags, Macy's, Banana Republic, Levi's, Cole Haan, Mr Porter, CPK, Crate & Barrel, Wayfair, Etsy, Kimpton, Comfort Hotels on my MB Plat and PRG and PRG AU. Nothing on my SPG or Hilton cards.

Btw, I started doing the Swagbucks QR deal at BBY last week since I'm needing to stock up on Disney GCs again, and 500 points are already pending. And I earned enough BBY points for a $5 rewards certificate! Unfortunately, my nearest buybuy baby doesn't seem to sell third-party GCs, and the next closest store without paying a toll that'll wipe out any savings is 50 miles away.

Not that it's good news but good to hear someone else didn't have them on the SPG card. I though maybe I had screwed myself cuz I was lazy and signed into the mobile app with both accounts. I usually only use it for my ED card. I got the eBags and CPK on the SPG Biz but nothing else "good" (we don't have a CPK nearby and I don't need any bags :( ) or actually, not sure about anything else new I think the rest were all there before. Not showing the SPG love :)

We did get Best Buy, Bed bath, and buybuyBaby on the ED and Green cards. I don't know if hubby checked for his BCE. That's not a bad haul for us.

Holy crap, indeed! I can't remember the last time Amex dropped a huge pile of good offers like this all at once. (Ok, maybe the Staples, Lowe's, Exxon 10% offers on their biz cards.)

I got Best Buy, BB&B, eBags, Macy's, Banana Republic, Levi's, Cole Haan, Mr Porter, CPK, Crate & Barrel, Wayfair, Etsy, Kimpton, Comfort Hotels on my MB Plat and PRG and PRG AU. Nothing on my SPG or Hilton cards.

Btw, I started doing the Swagbucks QR deal at BBY last week since I'm needing to stock up on Disney GCs again, and 500 points are already pending. And I earned enough BBY points for a $5 rewards certificate! Unfortunately, my nearest buybuy baby doesn't seem to sell third-party GCs, and the next closest store without paying a toll that'll wipe out any savings is 50 miles away.

And I got all of the same offers (except for the Mr Porter) on my SPG personal and on my old Optima MR card. I actually have 2 offers , 1 cash back and 1 additional MR back for BB on the Optima.

It’s cumulative.

I have Best Buy on my way home from work which helps. I’ll do $50 and wait for the bonus. Sometimes the bonuses show up unpredictably and I’m not sure if the one per day is based on the purchase date. Once a bonus posts I’ll do the next one.

Do you have to wait until the bonus posts to do the next one?

I can get 26% off Disney at B.B. with the offer on my spg biz (and swagbucks qr). Not too shabby! Just have to do it $50 at a time.
oh I need to do this. I had the offer on a couple cards. So the SB thing is still working?

ETA: I also need to figure out ebates in the store...do i just download the app? I have used it for years for online purchases but never in store.

Did we determine there are Disney GCs at Buy Buy Baby? I don't have one in my area, but there's one I could stop at on my way home from my PA trip to pick up a $25 one since I have the $5 back deal on DH's Delta Gold card.

Did we determine there are Disney GCs at Buy Buy Baby? I don't have one in my area, but there's one I could stop at on my way home from my PA trip to pick up a $25 one since I have the $5 back deal on DH's Delta Gold card.

@GusGus16 did:
I know someone asked a few days ago if buy buy baby sold gift cards. I can confirm they do, even had $25 and $50 disney gift cards.

I swung by the nearest buybuy baby to me over the weekend, and the only GCs they carried were their own and BB&B. So YMMV?

No Best Buy on DH's SPG Biz card :-( He does have the California Pizza Kitchen and Etsy offers. I might do the Etsy one as DD needs some new cheer bows. I wish he had the Best Buy one!

I got a few offers on my SPG cards. Got the BB and BBB on my biz. Already got used some of the BB on a GPS for my DD. Have had my eye on it and they have a sale to compete with Prime Day. Got Wayfair, Soma and CB on my regular SPG. Not sure if I'll use them but you never know.

Sooo are most of those store gift cards any good for reselling? I got a lot of these same ones on all of our personal and Biz SPGS, so 7 total...

Besides mortgages, wasn't there a few things that could not be payed with Plastiq? Life insurance OK? That is one I have not figured out how to pay with visa and bill is due soon. I pay it once a year.

Sooo are most of those store gift cards any good for reselling? I got a lot of these same ones on all of our personal and Biz SPGS, so 7 total...

@Albort has connections to a gift card reseller/aggregator who gets him better rates than the commercial resellers or marketplaces like Cardpool and Raise.

I just highlighted the good ones I might be able to use. Best Buy and BB&B (and likewise Staples and Lowes) offers are good because they sell third-party gift cards, so you can use the offer in store and pick and choose which merchant's gift card to buy that'll get you the best return. Best Buy stopped allowing their gift card to purchase third-party gift cards about 2 months back, so the value of a Best Buy gift card really took a big hit and you wouldn't buy a Best Buy gift card unless you wanted actual non-gift card merchandise from there. Macy's and Banana Republic gift cards could be small moneymakers. Macy's has so many free gift card with purchase deals that results in some heavy discounting on the resell market. Banana Republic gift cards are good because you can use them at any of Gap's family of brands (e.g., Gap, BR, Old Navy, Athleta). I actually shop at Levi's and Cole Haan. Occasionally, I'll let go at CPK. And Mr Porter has been known to have some good deals.

Besides mortgages, wasn't there a few things that could not be payed with Plastiq? Life insurance OK? That is one I have not figured out how to pay with visa and bill is due soon. I pay it once a year.

Life insurance is ok.

For Visa, it's basically no mortgages.

For Amex, it's no mortgages, student loans, car loans/leases.

I was able to do my life insurance last month.

The Henri is in the Flatiron district, further downtown from the theater. But frankly, I like the neighborhood tremendously better than where the New Yorker is - the area around 34th street is kind of bland and corporate-y, whereas in the Flatiron there are many more interesting shops and restaurants within walking distance. Bonus, it's only a block away from the 23rd St subway Broadway line, so it's a one-seat ride to 49 St, and the theater is a short walk from there.
Thanks for the information, stryker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter