I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have zero patience, again. I called on my Disney Premier app and got the 30 day message so I called Chase recon and they said they see it's pending and I should hear in 30 days. Huh, never had that before- no offers to go through the app, send me to security for verification or anything else. Forced to be patient it is!

Have you thought about the Chase Ink Business Preferred (CIP) with 80k UR points after $5k spend? If you apply in branch with a Chase business relationship manager, I believe the bonus is 100k UR points (double check that this offer is still ongoing). You mentioned your DH has dairy cows? Do you ever rent out your timeshare? It sounds like you might have a legit business or at least a colorable claim to business(es). Besides the high signup bonus, the conventional wisdom is that the the CIP won't count against 5/24, but you have to be under 5/24 to get it.

I believe its gone but i was reading about if your a CPC, you get 90k. Was reading if you like "hint" at chase that you are thinkin of transfer all your investment to chase, they might just give it to you before the requirement kicks in. of course if you dont do anything, they have the right to take it away from you.

I have never thought about applying for a business card but the Chase Ink pull is strong. We recently bought a new house but kept the old one as a rental and now have rental income. I think I saw on this thread someone used a rental as a business?

I applied under the impression that my parent's rental are my business. Each Rental has a EIN # for us, but i applied as a sole proprietor and stated my income = the mount deposited for all the houses combined. I do watch over the rental properties though. I deposit the rent to chase and then transfer it to business account at another bank. I also had a real estate license when i applied and i know chase knows that as well (of of the business ID questions asked that). Ink is a really strong card, the best imo.

I recently got the Chase Marriott card and should get the bonus points here soon. Signed my DH for the Amex SPG Business. Is there a way to combine the points on both of these in to one account?

Yes, SPG you can transfer between different people (possibly at the same address). Marriot you can transfer from Marriot to SPG. For me, what I did was transfer my husbands SPG to my SPG then transferred them all to my Marriot, since that is what we use more of.

Yes, SPG you can transfer between different people (possibly at the same address). Marriot you can transfer from Marriot to SPG. For me, what I did was transfer my husbands SPG to my SPG then transferred them all to my Marriot, since that is what we use more of.

Thats what I was thinking. If we decide to use SPG instead of Marriott can I transfer them all back to my SPG account? Am possibly looking at Marriott in Aruba but if not then would probably use for Dolphin at Disney.

Here's a flowchart from Reddit that is helpful when dealing with Chase cards that aren't auto-approved. http://imgur.com/a/oXlPW

That flowchart was awesome! Thanks for sharing!

I believe its gone but i was reading about if your a CPC, you get 90k. Was reading if you like "hint" at chase that you are thinkin of transfer all your investment to chase, they might just give it to you before the requirement kicks in. of course if you dont do anything, they have the right to take it away from you.

I haven't had any other Chase cards on my radar besides the Hyatt since I am way beyond 5/24 and already have a Chase Ink+. Supposedly CPC doesn't work if you're over 5/24 but I'm wondering if I should give it a shot and see what happens. Hmmmm ....

That flowchart was awesome! Thanks for sharing!

I haven't had any other Chase cards on my radar besides the Hyatt since I am way beyond 5/24 and already have a Chase Ink+. Supposedly CPC doesn't work if you're over 5/24 but I'm wondering if I should give it a shot and see what happens. Hmmmm ....

I don't think cpc bypassed 5/24. but I mention it because people say they get an extra 10k for being cpc and applying for the CIP. although there are some ppl that have like 7 business cards with chase.

I'm also curious what happens when I apply with EIN numbers. I got a few of them so I'm wondering if I can use them all and make like 400k points in just bonuses. lol

About 3 weeks out for this trip. Our spring break trip I booked about 2 weeks out. I already had AP room only reservations in place, which I would have used if nothing better had come up. The REALLY cheap Chase point reservations seem to be nonrefundable, so keep that in mind. For 3 weeks out, the best deals were Yacht Club for the points equivalent of $149/night, POFQ for $82, and Coronado Springs for $85.
Yacht club for $149!!!!

I'm also curious what happens when I apply with EIN numbers. I got a few of them so I'm wondering if I can use them all and make like 400k points in just bonuses. lol

From what I've read, bonuses are tied to your SSN, not EINs.

is it better to call on the 30 day message than to wait? my DH got it..... but I hate having him call since he hates calling lol and I'll bet it's reallocating too

If it's a personal card, I'd call. If it's a business card, I'd let it ride. You can always script it for him. I used to do this for DH until he got comfortable calling recon.

I don't think cpc bypassed 5/24. but I mention it because people say they get an extra 10k for being cpc and applying for the CIP. although there are some ppl that have like 7 business cards with chase.

Yes, if you have multiple businesses, you can set up different business cards for them via the same bank and get the bonus multiple times. Before you go on an App O Rama with this, take stock of your business finances: are your companies turning legit profits, etc? Chase will likely ask you a million questions if you start applying for lots of different business accounts. For someone with several legit businesses, it might be smart to talk with a Chase business advisor first and feel them out a little. Or skip Chase and go with Amex Open. I said it earlier: they are very lenient with their business accounts and you can talk to them via chat.

Yes, if you have multiple businesses, you can set up different business cards for them via the same bank and get the bonus multiple times. Before you go on an App O Rama with this, take stock of your business finances: are your companies turning legit profits, etc? Chase will likely ask you a million questions if you start applying for lots of different business accounts. For someone with several legit businesses, it might be smart to talk with a Chase business advisor first and feel them out a little. Or skip Chase and go with Amex Open. I said it earlier: they are very lenient with their business accounts and you can talk to them via chat.

hmm, rental property in LA = a nice profit... legit? im not sure if its consider legit profits though haha. It was just an idea, i doubt ill do it because "technically" i dont own it, i just simply run it. Like im the single employee haha.
We dont actually need a credit card for the business, i just thought that be nice to earn UR by taking advantage of it. I already took some advantage of it by MSin with it with plastiq.

Does anyone know offhand what the Chase business card limit is? I thought I read 2 but the chase business account lets you set up favorites so it seems like there would not be a limit or at least not 2.?

From what I've read, bonuses are tied to your SSN, not EINs.

Bonuses for business cards work the same way as personal cards; it's tied to the individual's SSN and not the business EIN. However, you are able to apply for as many cards as you want with numerous EINs, but will only be eligible for one bonus per card every 24 months. Essentially, same rules as personal cards. This is something that's been asked a few times over on reddit, and I'm sure the seasoned churners over there would be all over this if it were truly a loophole since EINs are not hard to get (there was a post over there just a few days ago that discussed the 'ease' of getting an EIN for those who weren't comfortable applying as a sole proprietor).

Bonuses for business cards work the same way as personal cards; it's tied to the individual's SSN and not the business EIN. However, you are able to apply for as many cards as you want with numerous EINs, but will only be eligible for one bonus per card every 24 months. Essentially, same rules as personal cards. This is something that's been asked a few times over on reddit, and I'm sure the seasoned churners over there would be all over this if it were truly a loophole since EINs are not hard to get (there was a post over there just a few days ago that discussed the 'ease' of getting an EIN for those who weren't comfortable applying as a sole proprietor).

I'm coming at it from an EIN perspective of actually paying taxes from a business. I have an EIN and an LLC myself. I also hustle other stuff on the side and just attach to my personal income tax.

Here is a good article from Doctor of Credit on the matter of multiple EINs and biz cards.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/can-get-business-credit-card-multiple-times-different-businesses/

hmm, rental property in LA = a nice profit... legit? im not sure if its consider legit profits though haha. It was just an idea, i doubt ill do it because "technically" i dont own it, i just simply run it. Like im the single employee haha.
We dont actually need a credit card for the business, i just thought that be nice to earn UR by taking advantage of it. I already took some advantage of it by MSin with it with plastiq.
Real Estate Management is a legit business :) you don't own real estate, you manage it

Yes! Ownership and management of rental property is definitely a business! Go for it!

ETA: I believe it was @CyndiLouWho who has the rental business.

If you're under 5/24, go for the CIP -- it's got a big UR signup bonus! You can also add Amex business cards to the mix since data points say Amex doesn't report business cards to your personal credit report so they shouldn't add to your 5/24. Amex is supposed to be among the most lenient about who they approve for a business card. However, keep in mind that Amex usually has once in a lifetime language attached to their signup bonuses, so you'll want to not waste an opportunity and be sure you are getting the highest or close to the highest offer when applying.

Anyway, a number of us have applied and been approved for the CIP, so if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Yes we do have a "rental business" and used it to apply for a business card with Citibank (AA card). Not sure if Chase would approve our "business" as it literally makes no money (rent=taxes+insurance). I think I listed profits as $500/year. I did just cancel this card as it was a major pain. The website is bad, plus for some reason once logged in we could not make changes in alerts or emails despite a couple hours on the phone with IT. I almost missed a payment because we didn't receive a statement. They offered a bonus to stay but not worth it.

I have zero patience, again. I called on my Disney Premier app and got the 30 day message so I called Chase recon and they said they see it's pending and I should hear in 30 days. Huh, never had that before- no offers to go through the app, send me to security for verification or anything else. Forced to be patient it is!
That happened to DH with his last app (SW). When DH called he got nothing. I called automated again a few days
later & got the 7-10, then he got the denial letter. He had to call recon twice more before it was finally approved.
On the upside I applied for and was approved for the Disney card yesterday. Ironically the limit they gave me is 15k when DH could only get 2k on his SW card and he is the one with a full time job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter